• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Parc Asterix english forums?

Kitty-chan

Cheese is always the answer
Sorry to post off-topic . . . my husband's planning a day at Parc Asterix, and I'm wondering if a forum like this exists in English for that park. Google found me several French forums, but my French is terrible and google's translation even more so! If anybody can suggest good resources it would be most appreciated. You can either post here, or PM me. Thanks!

Suspect that as park caters mainly for French visitors that forum will therefore be in French only. Good idea if English existed :)

Reid

We have been to Parc Asterix and stayed at the on-site hotel. Maybe others have too and you can ask questions here.

Susan

Yeah, I've been to Parc Astérix twice and would be happy to answer any questions I'm able to! :)

Thanks everybody! I'll ask a question or two here, any advice is very much appreciated!

DH is planning to take DS9 sometime the week of August 29. DH speaks very little French, but is an Asterix fan and can't resist. pirate: We'll be staying in Paris near an RER station (Notre Dame St Michael, I think), and he's planning to make it a day trip. Neither of them are particularly big on thrill rides -- this is mostly about atmosphere, shopping, maybe a mild ride or two.

Any advice, particularly for non-French speakers?

Our family of three went with our friends who are a family of five including a baby and we found no problems. Between us we can not speak a single word of french. The themeing is really nice and there are lots of rides. We found the restaurants were not open after 3 ish.

Try not to go during the french Bank Holiday as it gets extremely busy!

Susan

One word of warning: don't go on a Wednesday. French kids have Wednesdays off school and they tend to go to Parc Astérix moreso than Disneyland if they fancy a day out.

The only time you should need to speak French is when you order food. Unlike Disneyland, not all the staff speak English, so it helps to know a few food names and phrases to use. You can figure most of them out using your common sense, though.

As for the rides, it caters for all ages. I can't think of any specific rides off hand but you should have a good day there, definitely. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter