OT- Jason McElwain's Dream Game

Apothecary

Mouseketeer
Maybe everyone has seen this by now, I just saw it for the first time today.
Jason McElwain is a senior at Grace-Athena High School in Rochester, NY and played his first varsity game in February. He is also autistic. I hope this link works (they never seem to for me), but if not, google his name and lots of hits will come up.

http://www.sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2352763

I've watched it half-a-dozen times and I tear up every time. We have twin DSs with autism that just turned 8 (while at WDW :cool1: ) and I can only hope that they have a coach like Coach Johnson someday.

It has been given quite a bit of press. J-Mac was in Time and Newsweek as well as People Magazine. I have heard that Disney is making a movie about this! I am thrilled for him. Being a Mom of a special needs child this is a great story and it makes me so happy to hear it but....let's not forget about all the other boys on the Greece team and also on the Spencerport team. They handled themselves wonderfully. They were able to help make this young mans dreams come true and they did it beautifully. DH works with the Spencerport coach and he is so proud of his team! If you see the video they are cheering and are just as excited as the Greece team!! Great job guys!!!!

I know it was posted on the Community Board and I don't remember if someone posted a link to that post here or amde a new post about it.
It is a VERY cool story though. The video is amazing. I love it when the interviewer says something about Jason being "hot" that night and Jason replies something like "I was hot. Hot as a pistol." He was obviously so excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter