OT - International Travel Germany

twinmommyks

DIS Veteran
This is off-topic but after much research and getting different answers to my questions, I thought I would post my question here since everyone is so knowledgeable.

My dh is leaving for Germany for a visit to a friend and I need to know what the requirements are to enter Germany for a short trip (9 days).

Some sources say just a passport, some sources indicate other items.

Is there anyone who has traveled to Germany recently or anyone in the travel field who can let me know. Please pm me with any information you can provide. Thank you and so sorry for posting a non-DL question here, but I do appreciate your help.

We were stationed in Germany for 3 years and all the times we came back into the country, we just showed a passport whenever we came in through the Frankfurt Flughafen (airport). I don't think it was because we were military because we came in with the civilians. When we went back to the U.S. though we had to fill out customs forms and show passports. I do not like international travel, it takes toooo loooong! Germany is fun though, tell your DH not to forget to drink a beer. And watch out for the World Cup fans, it must be madness there right now.

Thanks for the reply. After several phone calls today, we basically got the same info that all he needs to enter is a valid passport and not a visa. This is his first international flight so we're both a bit anxious, but I'm sure he will enjoy Germany. He didn't "plan" to be there during World Cup, it just turned out that was the time that worked with his schedule.

I appreciate your help. :)

Hi there -- I've also visited Germany a few times, and all I needed was a passport.

It's a beautiful country. Where is he going?

He's flying into Frankfurt and will be staying in the Kassel area. The pictures his friend sends us are beautiful - I'm sure he will enjoy his trip. Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter