• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: I just got a new car and...

Captain_Hook

Mouseketeer
the best thing about it:

I HAVE AN ANTENNA!!!!!!!

I can't wait to buy all the different toppers!

Any suggestions? Favorites???

We are going in Oct and Dec so I will be chomping at the bit until then!

I HAD a Stitch one. He WAS so cute and so unique. I COULD always find my car in a parking lot. But alas he was too unique and someone stole my Stitch off of my car. :mad: I couldn't believe it. I was heart broken. So now I too get to go to WDW and pick out a new antennae topper. My suggestion is a character other than Mickey or Minnie, because those are so common. I picked a character that wasn't that common. It makes the car stand out.

My DD insists I need to get a new car so that she can buy an antenna topper! Let's see, a $25,000 purchase so that you can make a $4 purchase. Not gonna happen!

That being said, I'm an engineering geek that works in the safety industry, so I want the crash-test-dummy mickey head topper that someone else here at work has. (Yellow circles with black crosses through them - like on crast test dummies - are on the head and ears.) I've never seen it, but I've also never ridden Test Track, which is the only place I think I'd find it.

the best thing about it:

I HAVE AN ANTENNA!!!!!!!

I can't wait to buy all the different toppers!

Any suggestions? Favorites???

We are going in Oct and Dec so I will be chomping at the bit until then!

I have a whole collection of them that I rotate. I know...I'm such a loser. But it's the closest thing I get to actual decorating for holidays. My neighbors always have cute holiday things hanging up in their front windows...kind of like a preschool bulliten board. I just change the Mickey head on my antenna and I'm done decorating in about 12 seconds. :rotfl: (However, I am not that terrible - I do put up Christmas decorations)

But back on topic...I have toppers for Halloween, Christmas, a pink w/hearts that comes out around valentines day, an easter egg one, and then for the non-holiday times, I have a plain old mickey and minnie, which I rotate with my favorites...The animal print ones that we picked up at one of the shops in Animal Kindgom park. I've not seen many zebra, tiger or cheetah print mickey heads around.

I am a HUGE Chicago Bears fan, as well as a Disney freak, :goodvibes so when I went to my first ever Bears game last year, I bought an antenna topper in the shape of classic Mickey (not just the ball with the ears attached) - and he's wearing a Bears helmet!!! I'm in love with this topper...

Not sure how this helps, since you're in MD, but I just had to share... :banana:

That is funny! I bought an antenna ball and didn't even realize I had no antenna until I went to put it on there. I just never paid attention. I hang mine on my rear view mirror with fishing line. I screw a little hook into their heads. :)

I rotate mine too. I have a halloween one, thanksgiving one, christmas one and then a red white and blue for other times.

Sandra

I was soooo excited when we bought our Sequoia two years ago. It was going to be our family's first vacation and we were ready to decorate our antenna until.......we discovered the tip is too big for the topper so we squeezed it on and happily drove down the road smiling proudly at our Mickey. Only to find out that when we turned the car off the antenna automatically goes down. There went Mickey. So our seven Disney toppers sit in the center console. Last August we pulled them out and stuck (squeezed) them between the front windshield and dashboard. They stayed for a while.

I certainly hope you have better luck than we did!

:sad1: We sold our '97 Malibu (our only car with an antenna) last November and bought a new Odyssey - NO antenna... It was a sad day to retire the toppers. We ended up giving them to a friend of ours with an antenna. ;) Wish I would have thought of a PP's idea to hang from the rearview mirror. I might have to buy more on my next trip! :woohoo:

Oh, to answer your question - Nemo was really cute and Pirate Mickey, too.

Keep this in mind when shopping for toppers - if your antenna hits your garage door frame while driving in and out of the garage (ours did on an old pickup), it might start stripping off extra stuff on your topper. FWIW...

I have an 07 focus that I bought brand new a little over a year ago. I have a couple of different antenna toppers. Right now I have a minnie topper on my car.

A couple of months ago I was driving on the freeway and I heard this loud thumping noise coming from my car. I was terrified that my car had something wrong with it. Well it turned out that it was my antenna topper bouncing on the roof of my car. :rolleyes1

I LOVE all the toppers :cool1: :cool1: I think I've got every topper there is :laughing: :laughing:. I have all the holiday ones (even 3 or 4 for the SAME holiday) and many others that I alternate throughout the year:goodvibes I am so Mickey crazy that every year I buy the dated license plate for the front of my truck and I also have a few Mickey head hitch plugs (one being a Santa Mickey just for Christmas:santa: ). My DH just shakes his head....he thinks I've totally lost it:rotfl: :rotfl:

just a note about toppers...if your car, like mine, has speakers on the dash (one on the left, one on the right) you can stick a pointed toothpick into the bottom of your topper and stick it in the speaker slats. on my car, they're a perfect fit and i don't have to worry about anyone stealing my toppers! i also have a princess mickey head and a potc skull hanging from my rearview mirror by upholstery thread. take a large sewing needle (and i do mean LARGE) and thread it w/ the up. thread (making sure the thread is long enough to slip over the rearview mirror and tying the ends in a knot 3-4 x), push through the bottom of the topper and it will just BARELY poke out the top. grab it w/ fingernails or tweezers and pull through. voila!

My DD insists I need to get a new car so that she can buy an antenna topper! Let's see, a $25,000 purchase so that you can make a $4 purchase. Not gonna happen!

That being said, I'm an engineering geek that works in the safety industry, so I want the crash-test-dummy mickey head topper that someone else here at work has. (Yellow circles with black crosses through them - like on crast test dummies - are on the head and ears.) I've never seen it, but I've also never ridden Test Track, which is the only place I think I'd find it.

My wife loves her “Dumbo” antenna topper but as many others have noted she got a car with no antenna. We tried hanging it from the rear view mirror with string but it was too distracting taking right turns. So I came up with this idea using the parts below to mount Dumbo from the air vent in the center of the dash. Using the round metal plate that came with the vent mount I stuck two cable tie mounts to the plate using the adhesive side of both items, then I tied the 3/16th dowel to the plate using ty-raps. I then cut pieces from the round adhesive film to cover the exposed adhesive backing on the plate. The antenna toppers fit quite nicely on the 3/16 diameter dowel so it was just a matter of determining how long to cut the dowel, put Dumbo on top and attach the plate to the magnet on the mount. The mount allowed us to angle it so that it looks like Dumbo is flying upward.
Antenna Topper alternative parts:

Magnetic Air Vent Car Phone Mount – 2019 Updated Version by HUSSELL, comes with 2 metal adhesive plates and 2 protective adhesive films, one round the other rectangle (intended for cell phone mounting) Amazon Prime for $13.24

A 4’ x 3/16” diameter wooden dowel from any hardware store for around $2.00, you will cut this to length

(2) ½ x ½ Self-adhesive Nylon Cable Tie Mounts (preferably Black). You can find a 25 pack for $7.31 on amazon though you could probably get a better deal at an electrical supply store

(2) 3.6” x .09” Ty-Raps, preferably black, small, thinnest you can get sold in packs of 100 for around $5 at hardware or electrical supply stores

I just got a new car too, and the first thing I did was pull my Mickey topper off my old van! We got a package of about maybe six or eight? toppers at the Christmas store in Magic Kingdom, close to Haunted Mansion. It had a Halloween, St. Patricks Day, Valentines day, Easter, fall and 4th of July. I would love to find more. oh no! I think this is a really old post I just posted on. I just love those toppers though!

Last edited:
My first thought when I saw this thread was do they really still make antenna toppers?

Probably not, since this thread is 11 years old! :rotfl2:

My first thought when I saw this thread was do they really still make antenna toppers?

Probably not, since this thread is 11 years old! :rotfl2:
They do! But the selection was much smaller this past November than our last trip 2 years prior. They may be fading away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter