OT: ECV in Boston

dj2

all my little ducks in a row...
We're planning a trip for next summer. Boston's a "walking kind of town," and unfortunately I'm not a walking kind of person. Any ideas where to start looking for a company that might rent an ECV to me in Boston? Under what heading in the yellow pages? Anyone live there and know a good place?
Thanks,
dj
(p.s. - if it were up to me, we'd be going to WDW instead!)

No personal experience either, but I wanted to pass along this link:

Ayers Brothers (now Ayers Handicap Conversion Inc) has been doing auto conversions as long as I can remember. Just about every car or van that is converted has their nameplate on it. I don't think they rent equipment, but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good Luck!!!

http://www.ayershandicapvans.com/

thanks for all the tips, debster812 and kaytieeldr!

i went to scootaround's web site and they do serve Boston :moped:! I'm so relieved.

thanks again.

-dj

Wait! Don't book yet! I'll try to grab the Yellow Pages during lunch (I work close enough to Boston, I'm sure we've got one) and get back to you! NOT that there's anything wrong with Scootaround! You should just have more options.

kaytieeldr said:
Wait! I'll try to grab the Yellow Pages during lunch

That's very nice of you--thank you! I don't really want anyone to go to too much trouble for me. I know I can access the yellow pages on line---I was just wondering if anyone had an idea about what heading or headings would be my best bet for finding the kind of company that rents ECVs.

It's great to know scootaround is in Boston. Even if they end up being the only renter in town, at least I'll be able to participate in the vacation with my family.

Thanks again!
-dj

Nah, they CAN'T be the only company in a city this size - heck, I found one in a city 25 miles north of Boston! I just still haven't had a chance to grab the phone book. I know you could look it up yourself online, but that's what I did at first and, except for Scootaround, was not impressed with the results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter