• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: "Doogal"

pokemon_master

<font color=peach>Everybody wants to be a Munchlax
Have any americans seen "Doogal" yet? We brits across the pond have had that been and gone. It's even on DVD! I have heard that they have re-branded it as Doogal and I wanted to just dicuss it.

While I did enjoy the magic roundabout movie, I have noticed a couple of things about the american version that I am a bit mad on:

1. Er.. Doogal? Why not the Magic Roundabout! I mean it's not just about Doogal you know and I am sure that some americans have heard of the Magic roundabout!
  2. Only two of the people from the brits version are in it! I am glad that Mckellen and Kylie didn't get dubbed, but Woopi shouldn't be Ermitrude! I mean, she has as much grace as a er... Cow! ;)
  3. No British soundtrack! The soundtrack that I managed to fund on Itunes is branded as Doogal, even though it has the same songs which are not dubbed in any way (for example, Bill Nighly signing "You really got me" is in it). It's good for a computer nerd like me, but what about the Euro-roundabouters!
  4. A Narrator and talking moose? Didn't happen in the British one. The moose did look cool though! :teeth:
  5. Train! Lee Evans was awesome at being train! I personally didn't see the need to replace him..
  6. Zeebad! Tom baker's first major thing since Dr. Who and they dub him. Great..

Well, that's about it. It's a great film, and I would recommend it to anyone, despite the dubbing and changes. It's cool that the creator of the fairy odd parents helped with it.

My parents, on the other hand did say that it's just faulting celebs ;)

I'll leave you all with a pic of my favorite character, Zebedee!

this could have been on the kids board or teens board bc i think dis is trying to get rid of OT threads ;)

Haha It sounds like an awesome movie. Thanks for the link! And by the creators of the Fairly Oddparents.....SCORE! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter