• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: Any Twilighters Out There???

MyVirtueAidan

Mouseketeer
Huge Twilight Saga Fan!!! Think my obsession for Twilight is up there with Disney... I wear Business Attire to work everyday and when Im off chances are you'll find me in my Twilight Tees... With us travelin to the world in May I could never think of leaving my Twilight Tees at home!!! Hubby flipped when he found out I had intentions of wearing them in the Parks... Not to mention the new ones I purchased for Vacation... I understand that it's not "TwilightWorld" according to the hubby but I luvv it... Luvv my Tees, My Book, and my collectors items!!! LOL Do you think it's out of line for me to wear them while at Disney??? Thanks!!!
6*30*10 Luvin my Jacob!!!

I'm not a Twilight fan, but I don't think it's inappropriate to wear them at Disney. Maybe be careful if you have shirts with images of suggestive biting going on... :) Otherwise, I bet you'll even get comments from fellow fans.

I am a huge Twilight fan. I dont have any shirts or items except a Scrabble Tile necklace with a gold apple charm attached...But wear what makes you happy! Or, have someone on Etsy make you an applique shirt boasting Mickey with fangs ;) Mouse-ward! LOL Sorry I couldn't resist!

I am a huge Twilight fan. I dont have any shirts or items except a Scrabble Tile necklace with a gold apple charm attached...But wear what makes you happy! Or, have someone on Etsy make you an applique shirt boasting Mickey with fangs ;) Mouse-ward! LOL Sorry I couldn't resist!

OMG!!!! Thank you soo much!!! That would be awesome if I can get like a "Lion and the Lamb" Mickey Minnie Tee!!! Would make my day.. I know I'll be bringing atleast 2 with me... Love Em...

Ahhh and from one Twilighter to another Taylor was actually in my city today... He was doing something that has something to do with his new Stretch Armstrong movie at Hasbro thats walking distance from my house! I got a call at work today at 1pm when a friend of mine who is an Intern there had seen him... I felt like leaving work right then and there! I took my break at 4pm drove over there and there were a bunch of fans there waiting... Stayed there for a few and had to go back to work! Sooo Sadd I missed him... Would have been awesome to meet Tay Tay... Maybe our paths will cross some day again!!! Well Kinda LOL...

Thanks for the Idea on the Tee again!!! I already have the visual in my head!!!!

I wore a twilight tee while in Disney last September (It had Edward on it and said "I dreamed of Edward Cullen) and it was a real topic starter while waiting in lines. I say wear what you like.

I really don't get the fan thing (I'm a Disney fan but still don't have Disney teeshirts, etc. :confused: ), but I don't think your shirts would be inappropriate for the parks. I probably wouldn't even notice what you were wearing unless it was something extremely distasteful.

As long as it's not distasteful wear whatever you like, but it sounds like your husband wants a vacation away from it.

Love Twilight as well!! I think that is a really cool idea, if you can mix up Mickey/Minnie into a Twilight theme!! Enjoy your trip!!

I'm a HUGE Twilight fan myself!!!!! I don't have any t-shirts, but I do have a sweatshirt that I wear often -it says TWILIGHT IS LOVE ( and then it says it in Japanese). I wore it to Disney- I wear it all over! I am SO obsessed, my husband bought me this charm bracelet with over 100 charms-YES 100 charms! (Cost him a pretty penny but it was definitely the most unique gift I ever received!) I don't see wearing anything like that is disrespectful -except Universal attire there-& vice versa, of course.

Hi! Fellow Twilight obsessed fan here! I wear my Team Jacob tshirt to the parks all the time! And on the flip side, I see a ton of other people wearing Twilight tshirts as well. I always give my fellow Twilight lovers a smile and a nod of the head.

I love Twilight, but I don't have any shirts or anything...I don't see why there would be any problems wearing anything Twilight related in the parks! :)

This discussion would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it there now.

I say where the shirts ;)

Although I hated Twilight (I have a BA in English ;)), I can't imagine why the shirts would be in bad taste. Dd13 has a few of them, which I purchased.

lol NO it's not appropriate to EVER wear a Twilight shirt! lol Okay half kidding, but seriously if I see you wearing a Twilight shirt in the park, I will groan inwardly. I just can't help it. Granted, I'm not part of the demographic for whom Twilight was created, but my stars, whatever happened to the good old days when the ladies were obsessed with Aragorn? I am thankful every day that my wife is not a Twilight fan. I don't think I could handle it. She prefers the Harry Potter books. I can live with that.

But hey, having said that, if the Twilight books bring you joy in life, you wear your shirt, and I'll keep my inward groaning to myself.

I have a BA in English as well & luv Twilight.

I have Disney Tshirts that I wear @ home for pjs & I luv them...but I won't wear them out...b/c I look huge in them!!

Now I need some Twilight T shirts to wear @ home too.

That being said please wear them on vacation I luv seeing them on people they make me smile...:)

I love the Twilight books! I don't see anything wrong with wearing your Twilight shirts in the park if it makes you happy. Though if they are black you might want to watch it on any really hot days. Not sure what the weather is like down in Florida in May.

Hate Twilight (and I'm even in the target demographic, I prefer Jane Austen, what can I say?), but I don't think anyone should care what you wear in the parks.

As long as its not vulgar or offensive (okay the shirts would only be slightly offensive to me ;)), nobody should bat and eyelash.

I'm sure you'll have others talk to you about the "saga", too.

lol NO it's not appropriate to EVER wear a Twilight shirt! lol Okay half kidding, but seriously if I see you wearing a Twilight shirt in the park, I will groan inwardly. I just can't help it. Granted, I'm not part of the demographic for whom Twilight was created, but my stars, whatever happened to the good old days when the ladies were obsessed with Aragorn? I am thankful every day that my wife is not a Twilight fan. I don't think I could handle it. She prefers the Harry Potter books. I can live with that.

But hey, having said that, if the Twilight books bring you joy in life, you wear your shirt, and I'll keep my inward groaning to myself.

Never heard of Aragorn!!!

Books were released when I just turned 18... Twilighter from Day 1!!! Its a deffinately something Im very passionate about! Thank You everyone for your input... I've decided that I'll bring atleast 2 and would love to purchase a sweatshirt before the trip for any chilly nights this upcomming May... Keep Em coming Please!!

I'll be at the world shortly after you, May 27 and I WILL be wearing some Twilight shirts!! I think I'll even steal the idea of a Mousward shirt:love: I will definitely be on the lookout for others that share the same passions--Disney and Twilight:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter