OT-all inclusive for family of 5?

katie111

DIS Veteran
We are looking to do an all inclusive vacation for our spring break in April. We've been to several all inclusives in The Mayan Riviera area but would love to try somewhere new this year. Flying from MA and would like to keep the budget around 5k (so places like Beaches resorts are definitely out). Kids are 13, 11, and 8. We like resorts with lots of activities, decent food, and great pools.

I've been looking and some places in Cancun and Dominican Republic offer kids under 12 to stay for free.

I've heard the Riu resorts are really nice.

I might be the odd person out, but I love Punta Cana and I wasn't crazy about Riviera Maya. We stayed at Bahia Principe Akumal in Mexico and I will say it's super nice. You might look into the Bahia Principe's in Punta Cana.

This past summer we vacationed at an all-inclusive in Jamaica with our 4 kids ages 16, 13, 11, and 9. The name of the resort is Jewel Runaway Bay. We stayed for 5 nights in two connecting "water view" rooms for 3200. (Not including airfare- we used points) It was GREAT!! Your kids are the perfect ages for this resort. There were a TON of kids ages around 8-14, and they all hung around with the "counselors" all day doing organized activities from lazer tag in the morning to capture the flag and Manhunt on the beach at night. If you have kids around this age, they will find friends for sure! The resort also has a small-ish but brand new water park with several slides and a lazy river. Most water sports were also included. The food was great, the drinks were plentiful, and the kids were entertained. What more could you want??

The resort isn't opulent at all, but it's clean and has a great island vibe. There are three pools, two of which always seemed to have lots of activity going on. In fact, my kids are torn between going back here (we were just there!) or back to Disney (where we haven't been in 5 years), if that tells you anything. Good luck!

Have you looked into cruising? We never thought we'd like it and now we're hooked. You get to unpack once and you can see lots of different places.

This past summer we vacationed at an all-inclusive in Jamaica with our 4 kids ages 16, 13, 11, and 9. The name of the resort is Jewel Runaway Bay. We stayed for 5 nights in two connecting "water view" rooms for 3200. (Not including airfare- we used points) It was GREAT!! Your kids are the perfect ages for this resort. There were a TON of kids ages around 8-14, and they all hung around with the "counselors" all day doing organized activities from lazer tag in the morning to capture the flag and Manhunt on the beach at night. If you have kids around this age, they will find friends for sure! The resort also has a small-ish but brand new water park with several slides and a lazy river. Most water sports were also included. The food was great, the drinks were plentiful, and the kids were entertained. What more could you want??

The resort isn't opulent at all, but it's clean and has a great island vibe. There are three pools, two of which always seemed to have lots of activity going on. In fact, my kids are torn between going back here (we were just there!) or back to Disney (where we haven't been in 5 years), if that tells you anything. Good luck!

WOW! I came on the boards today to look up all-inclusive resorts since the last two years we have cruised over NYE but my family wants to try an all inclusive next year (I love the cruise). Anyway, we were just on RCCL Indy over NYE and ON NYE we had a day pass to Jewel Runnaway Bay and LOVED it there. I think that is the reason my family wants to try an all inclusive. My kids are 17 and 22 but I priced it out yesterday for five nights and it is very reasonable. I just need to figure out airfare since
from NY over NYE it should be expensive. Did you find the resort always overrun with cruise ship passengers (like I was on NYE LOL).

Did you do excursions off the resort? Did you use the spa? Every staff member we encountered was Very nice and they knew we were cruise ship passengers since we had red bands on but really loved it there.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter