Osprey Daypack?

zuzu310

DIS Veteran
Anyone use an Osprey Daypack at Disney? We usually bring our 24oz Contigo cups with us and some ponchos, sunglasses etc. The main problem has been finding something that will accommodate my tall water bottles. They tend to fly out of other packs when you bend over. Just looking for experiences. Thanks!

I don't know about their current products, but I have an Osprey Veer sling bag that I must have bought 15 years ago that I still use. Great quality. I keep trying to replace it with something new and keep going back to it.

Which Osprey are you thinking about? Mine has zip-close water bottle pockets. They aren't super tall, but will accomodate slightly more than a standard 16oz water bottle. My husband has the taller/lower volume version of the same bag and it has open bottle pockets, but with good elastic.

I don't bring it to the parks for a variety of reasons, but am overall very pleased with it.

I have a Daylite and it worked perfect for my water bottle. I would reclip through the handle and it never was an issue the entire trip.

Which Osprey are you thinking about? Mine has zip-close water bottle pockets. They aren't super tall, but will accomodate slightly more than a standard 16oz water bottle. My husband has the taller/lower volume version of the same bag and it has open bottle pockets, but with good elastic.

I don't bring it to the parks for a variety of reasons, but am overall very pleased with it.
We are looking at the Daylite/Daylite Plus and the Flare.

We are looking at the Daylite/Daylite Plus and the Flare.
We have the Osprey Flare. I don't have a 24 oz water bottle to compare but the water bottle pocket is huge, it fit our 20 oz bottle with room to spare and is taller. We also clip the compression strap through the loop at the top of the water bottle to keep it from sliding out on rides but I think my husband stopped doing that with the Flare because it was so secure in there. I was unsure how we would like it for Disney World because the back is pretty stiff but it ended up being awesome, so many great pockets for organizing. The mesh pocket in front was perfect for my daughter's Minnie ears when we went on rides!

A few days late here, but I had the Osprey Daylite for day hikes, and ended up selling it because my 24 oz Contigo water bottle fell out constantly. The water bottle pockets are way too shallow. It has clips that you can use to lock the handle of the bottle in place, but getting it out is a major pain. I switched to the REI Flash 22, and I love that bag. No issues with even my 36 oz water bottle in that one. REI has their annual anniversary sale in a few days if you want to take a look there.

A few days late here, but I had the Osprey Daylite for day hikes, and ended up selling it because my 24 oz Contigo water bottle fell out constantly. The water bottle pockets are way too shallow. It has clips that you can use to lock the handle of the bottle in place, but getting it out is a major pain. I switched to the REI Flash 22, and I love that bag. No issues with even my 36 oz water bottle in that one. REI has their annual anniversary sale in a few days if you want to take a look there.
Agree with this. I read reviews and thought they were being grumpy about the water bottles. Then I got this Osprey, and hate it. For the same reasons. We drink a lot of water, especially at Disney, so I don’t need bottles falling out or needing to be strapped in to stay in the backpack. I really wanted to love this backpack….

I use the Daylight and my wife uses the Daylight Plus as our park bags. No issues with water bottles or umbrellas falling out of the pockets. No issues at all with these packs. We love them.

Some of the recent posts seem to be about people bringing in larger water bottles to the parks. We don't think that we need to be carrying 36 oz of water around the park since you can refill everywhere. We are only carrying 18 oz water bottles and couldn't imagine wanting to carry more than that around.

That is the whole point, I think, of using these smaller Daylight backpacks. You don't need to carry around all of your hiking gear.

I just wear my camelbak with the waterpouch. I have a condition where I can't let myself get dehydrated, so I find that's the easiest way to keep drinking water. I have a cover on the spout so it doesn't get dirty on the floor of rides.

I use a slightly larger camelback. I love my Osprey daylight pack for backpacking. In the parks, I have 2 water bottles, rain gear, a battery pack and a camera. It could fit in my Osprey, but fits easier is the camelback.

Thanks for the heads up on the REI anniversary sale, I ended up getting a few things!

I was also looking for a small bag to use in the parks and on the plane that would hold a tall water bottle. My bottle is a bit smaller though, it's an insulated slimline 16oz bottle, about 10" tall, similar to the MIRA 17 Oz Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Water Bottle on Amazon. I tried out the Daylite and the water bottle pockets were perfect but I wasn't a fan of the stiff back on a backpack that size. I even tried the kids version and the size of the bag was ideal but the water bottle pockets were too small. I ended up buying the Backpack Mini from Baboon to the Moon and I love it. It holds my bottle well but I don't think it would hold anything larger. They're pricey but I bought one of the clearance colors for less than $40. I like it because it also fits easily under the airplane seat with room for my legs too. The straps are fine for everyday use and didn't bother me after several hours of walking around in the FL heat but I also bought padded straps that I can use at WDW if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter