Osceola Parkway Construction Near Pop Century?

lurkyloo

The Attic was just perfect!
Can anyone confirm this tip from AllEars' latest newsletter? The contributor says not to take the Osceola Parkway exit from I-4 because of construction delays. I'm driving to Pop Century on Friday and that's exactly the exit I need...

I know many people stay on-site, but if you stay off-site and are driving to one of the parks or resorts, be aware that Osceola Parkway is under construction. I saw the signs and cones up April 19, and it said construction will start April 20 on Osceola Parkway and to expect long delays. Don't get off on exit 65, this is the Osceola Parkway. From the West, get off on 64B or drive up to Exit 67. I asked a cast member how long construction was going to last and he said until next fall.

We were there last week and it was terrible! I went to the Publix from the Boardwalk (Victory way to Osceola Parkway) and it was fine. By the time I came back the traffic was backed up for 2 miles. It tool me almost an hour to go from the Publix to the Boardwalk which usually takes no more than 10 minutes max.

Whoa - thanks for the tip. :thumbsup2

I wonder what the hours of construction are...

Our directions from allearsnet.com says to take 417 from the airport, get off on exit 3 (Osceola pkway), turn right passing Pop and WWOS....etc This means we'll run right into this construction though, right?

can anyone give me alternate directions from the airport? We're staying at CSR.

can anyone give me alternate directions from the airport? We're staying at CSR.

I can't recall all the exit numbers, but from the 417, you can exit at 536, (posted as a Disney exit) and head northwest, which will take you into WDW through one of the themed archways on Epcot Center Drive. I believe this exit may be posted as "World Center Drive", or maybe "International Drive", but I know it's posted as route 536.

Once you pass the archway, take the second exit on the right, which is probably posted to take you to the Studios. This will dump you on to Buena Vista Drive.

Follow this road past the Studios on your left, across World Drive, through another signal or two, and you will come to CSR on your right. Can't miss it.

Great job with the map. Watch out though Robo may get jealous.

Well done with the map - and for cheerful chickadee trying to get to CSR, it's the same route, except keep going straight on Buena Vista Dr. On the map, you can see CSR as the developed area just to the west of World Drive.

Oh Chickadee, I tried to get you a map, I really did!

But Cigar95 pointed out that Google doesn't really know where CSR is, and I don't want to lead you astray. :flower3:

Careful, Chickadee! She's sending you to CBR, which is a perfectly nice place in its own right, rather than CSR, which is, I think, where you're trying to go.

:blush: Oh dear - that would be bad! Let me edit the post with the right map!

Lurky, I know you're doing your best, but it looks like Google doesn't know where Coronado Springs is! They're pretty much giving directions to the entrance to Typhoon Lagoon.

Chickadee, trust us before you trust Google's map database - I promise you, Coronado Springs is on Buena Vista, just *west* of World Drive. You can see it on the maps we're linking you to, even if they're putting the destination point somewhere else.

Has there been a big earthquake in Florida recently? Things aren't where they used to be?

:rotfl:

Oh dear - maybe I'll just take out Google's :crazy: map and Chickadee can follow your directions using my Pop Century map.

Stoopid Internets.... :sad2:

I can't recall all the exit numbers, but from the 417, you can exit at 536, (posted as a Disney exit) and head northwest, which will take you into WDW through one of the themed archways on Epcot Center Drive. I believe this exit may be posted as "World Center Drive", or maybe "International Drive", but I know it's posted as route 536.

It's exit 6 - this is the way I'd recommend, too. Except for the CBR part. ;)

lol thank you all for your efforts of helping me. I'm alarmed...it's possible that google doesn't know.....everything? *gasp* I'm so grateful for you DIS'ers, how else would I know about this construction and get alternate directions? Thanks again everyone!!

536 becomes Epcot Center Drive.

As you go (west) under the Disney arches on 536, you will come to exits for Buena Vista drive and Downtown Disney. Get into the left lane to go to Magic Kingdom, Coronado Springs, and other places west of (north-south) World Drive. Take the little left branch of the fork that has the big right branch.

Next, 536 ends at World Drive and you take the right fork for Magic Kingdom and the left fork for most other places.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

lol thank you all for your efforts of helping me. I'm alarmed...it's possible that google doesn't know.....everything? *gasp* I'm so grateful for you DIS'ers, how else would I know about this construction and get alternate directions? Thanks again everyone!!

I *always* recommend to folks visiting for the first time, or even the second time, that they get a map of WDW ahead of time, and to make themselves familiar with "generally" where things are. You don't need to know that the Yacht Club is in between the Dolphin, the Beach Club and the Boardwalk, but it's helpful to know that it's near Epcot, while Wilderness Lodge is not, but it's near the Magic Kingdom.

The easiest way to do this is to understand two main roads - World Drive and Buena Vista Drive. Most of WDW is near one of these two roads.

One you understand the basics of where things are, then some of the online map services become extremely useful. I am a big fan of Microsoft's

http://maps.live.com

Not only do they have very high quality satellite photos of the WDW area, but they have even more detail in their "bird's-eye view", that appear to be taken from helicopter altitudes.

Others may prefer Google maps, but I don't use them all that often. Their roadside view option in the maps has been helpful on occasion, though.

Oh wow - that bird's eye view is amazing! I never knew MSN had maps... thanks for ths tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter