• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Oscars

chisnpeke

<font color=blue>Got the blues on purple tag night
The Academy Awards are tonight. Is anyone going to be watching?! I always love the Oscars...seeing the dresses and who wins.

Who do you want to win?
Who do you think will win?

Well.

I'd love to see Milk or The Curious Case of Benjamin Button win Best Picture, but as it almost always happens it'll be the come-from-behind movie that hardly anybody has seen that will win (in this case Slumdog Millionaire- it didn't even play near where I live! The closest theatre it was in was 60 miles away!).

Best Actress I think will be Kate Winslet or Meryl Streep. I'm torn on who I really want to win, though.

Best Actor... I'm going with Sean Penn. He's who I want to win and who I think will win.

Best Supporting Actress. I'd love to see Taraji P. Henson win it. She was excellent in Benjamin Button. Amy Adams is my second choice. It went to Penelope Cruz.

Best Supporting Actor. The only question that need be asked here is "Who will accept for Heath Ledger?".

Animated Feature will be Wall-E. No doubt about that.

The battle for Art Direction will be between Benjamin Button, The Dark Knight, and The Duchess.

Cinematography will go to either The Dark Knight or Benjamin Button.

Costume Design to The Duchess.

Directing should go to Benjamin Button, The Reader, or Milk, but will probably go to Slumdog Millionaire.

Man on Wire will probably win Documentary Feature.

I've never heard of any of the nominees for Documentary Short, though.

Film Editing to The Dark Knight.

For Foreign Language Film, I really want to see The Class win because it looks so wonderful and I really, really want to see it. However, if I was putting money on this, I'd bet on Waltz With Bashir.

Makeup to either Dark Knight or Hellboy.

Music (Score). I'm very, very disappointed to see that The Dark Knight wasn't nominated because it's score is absolutely brilliant. My money's on Defiance for this one, though.

Music (Song) will go to Slumdog Millionaire even though I think Wall-E had a better song.

I want to see Presto win Animated Short because it is seriously such an amazing short film. It's absolutely adorable! Watch it here. This one went to La Maison en Petit Cubes.

I haven't seen any of the nominees for Live Action Short, though.

Sound Editing should, in my opinion, go to The Dark Knight or Iron Man.

Sound Mixing should go to Wanted.

Visual Effects should go to Iron Man, The Dark Knight, or Benjamin Button. OK. You caught me. They're the only nominees in this category! I can't choose!

Writing (Adapted Screenplay) to The Reader (this went to Slumdog Millionaire) and Writing (Original Screenplay) to Milk or Wall-E.

Edit: anything bolded is something I got wrong. Underlined and I was right.

I want...

Best Actress: Kate Winslet
Best Actor: Mickey Rourke
Best Supporting Actress: Not sure.
Best Supporting Actor: Heath Ledger. His father will accept for him if he wins.
Best Director: Danny Boyle
Best Picture: Slumdog Millionare (GREAT movie)

The rest I don't know enough about what the criteria is to judge who will win in those categories.

OOOOh my favourite day of the year!!!

Best film = Slumdog, I'd like Milk to win cuz it was GREAT but Slumdog was amazing too.
Best Director = Danny Boyle
Best Actor = I'm not sure, Mickey Rourke seems to be the favourite but I dont know if he'll win or not. I'd like Sean Penn to win cuz I think he was great in Milk.
SUpporting Actor = I'll be shocked to the core if Heath Leger doesnt win
Best Actress = I HOPE kate winslet wins!!!
Supporting Actress = Tough Call, I think Penelope Cruz might win. Or Marisa Tomei

im not going to get into the technical stuff lol.
i LOVE oscar night!! im so excited.

I know! :dance3: I'm so excited for him to host. I really like him.

I have to say I'm NOT thrilled that he's hosting.
I heard Ricky Gervais was in the running--he wouldve been an amazzzzzzing host!!! SOOOO funny.
I dunno how Hugh Jackman will do as a host, hopefully he'll be good :thumbsup2

I have to say I'm NOT thrilled that he's hosting.
I heard Ricky Gervais was in the running--he wouldve been an amazzzzzzing host!!! SOOOO funny.
I dunno how Hugh Jackman will do as a host, hopefully he'll be good :thumbsup2

I don't know who Ricky Gervais is. A comedian?

I hope Hugh will do good too. He hosted the Tony awards and won an Emmy for that but the Tonys are for Broadway and he seems to be good at singing and dancing so I guess we'll have to see how that plays out at the Oscars tonight.

I'm just so happy they are finally here!

I don't know who Ricky Gervais is. A comedian?

I hope Hugh will do good too. He hosted the Tony awards and won an Emmy for that but the Tonys are for Broadway and he seems to be good at singing and dancing so I guess we'll have to see how that plays out at the Oscars tonight.

I'm just so happy they are finally here!

Yeah, and he won a tony for best actor several years ago.

I'm watching right now.
I just saw robert pattinson!!! <3
I was like GAHH!!!

Watching the Red Carpet right now.

Robert Downey Jr. and his wife looked absolutely gorgeous.

THAT OPENING WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Work it out Hugh.
I'm sold on him as a host now! lol

And the Milk dude's speech made me cry!!

THAT OPENING WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!
Work it out Hugh.
I'm sold on him as a host now! lol

And the Milk dude's speech made me cry!!

I thought Hugh's opening was great, too! I loved the joke about having to mention Brad and Angelina.

And I agree, his speech was great!

wow.
YOU BETTER SHAPE UP!
HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA?
ALL THAT JAZZZZ!!

YOU CAN'T SOTP TH E MOTION OF THE OCEAN...

MAN I LOVE THIS.

The speech about Heath was great.

and he got it! I'm insanely happy about that. I fell in love with him in 10 Things I Hate About You and I never fell out. After he was pretty much robbed of his Oscar for Brokeback Mountain, this is what he deserved. The character was wonderful and terrifying. I miss him.

and now I'm off to bed.

I love this...
Everyone is either crying, or trying not to.
It's so sad..
but I'm so happy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter