• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando World Center Marriott

pmdeve

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the World Center Marriott for 10 days in July. Has anyone stayed at this resort? There will be 5 of us. Three adults and two children. Are there any restauarants around this resort? How far is it from DisneyWorld?

We love this hotel! It's our favorite! There are a ton of restaurants at the resort... Mikado's {hibachi, which is EXCELLENT}, a bar/grille place... burgers, chicken, etc, itlalian restaurant, casual restaurant, food court, restaurant at the pool, and a steakhouse. It's approx. 1.5 miles from Disney. Ask for a pool view when you get there - it's spectacular!

A little more info to help you with your decision...

I also love the World Center Marriott. It is definately one of my favorite places to stay.

However, this resort definately caters to the business crowd. Not saying that a family cannot have a great stay there, because they can. The pool is fabulous, there are family activities, etc. All top notch.

But be aware..the restaurant options, while plentiful, are expensive. You do have to drive to go to any off-site places to eat, but there are a lot of choices with a mile or so.

Valet parking is very high and self parking is so far away that there is a shuttle between the parking lot and the hotel.

Usually you can see the Disney fireworks if your room is facing in the right direction...and your room is high enough.

Thanks for posting.

We are staying here for one night on August 7th. It will be our first stay.

Now I can't decide if I should ask if they have a pool view or MK fireworks view available:)

However, this resort definately caters to the business crowd. Not saying that a family cannot have a great stay there, because they can.

This is a beautiful hotel but that is its biggest problem. I really don't like that they mix the food court with business travelers and family. It is awkward to be in your swim suit and sandals with kids in tow in line with someone in a business suit and heels.

I've never been to Universal and was wondering if anyone knows how much travel time to allow from the Marriott to Universal parking? Advice on how long it takes to get from parking to WWOHP would be appreciated as well!

TIA! :)

I've never been to Universal and was wondering if anyone knows how much travel time to allow from the Marriott to Universal parking? Advice on how long it takes to get from parking to WWOHP would be appreciated as well!

TIA! :)

Universal is about 10 miles from the World Center, so approx 10-15 minutes to parking, depending on traffic.

WWOHP is inside the Islands of Adventure theme park. The walk from the garage to the IofA turnstiles can be 10-15 minutes. Once inside the park, WWOHP is just a few minutes walk from the entrance, but once again, depends on how crowded the park is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter