Orlando Vet recommendation needed

DebºoºS

DIS Veteran
WM, Delete this and please accept my apologies if I'm out of order here. I just couldn't think of anywhere else to go for an expert opinion.

Good vets here in NJ are hard to come by (DS lost a dog to a really bad one and is skiddish) so I'm asking DIS locals to the Orlando area for your recommendations.

DS's dog Einstein is biting and chewing on his hind leg. I thought it might be fleas:scared1: but it's probably not since he's taking Frontline and Heartguard. Bug bite or allergies? He does walk him next to the lake behind the apartment. Whatever it is it has to stop. Poor furbaby is miserable. I need to find a vet on short notice. I'll be there in 11 days.

TIA, I'll be adding your referral to my list of important Orlando phone numbers which is now getting quite long:goodvibes

I can't help you with a vet recommendation in Orlando. But as a pet sitter, I've had a couple clients who had this problem (the dog, not the human...LOL) One turned out to be something called "hot spots" and the other had an allergy to something that was sprayed on the lawn at their apartment complex. Hope this helps a little bit.

Thank you, it very well could be a hot spot or allergies. Did those dogs get any comfort from over the counter medications? Until a vet can prescribe something to calm it down maybe there's something he can get to put on it. Right now he's just keeping it clean and dry. It's not life threatening fortunately but looks awful.

I remember that one issue with hot spots it not to use creams or ointments as they tended to hold in any bacteria (I think that was the issue anyway). I did a quick google search and found what looked like some good resources. One thing you may want do is try an antianxiety treatment from the local pet store. I've used rescue remedy before. That might help to take the edge off. Also, might want to do an e-collar is puppy is trying to chew or lick at the sore.

I remember that one issue with hot spots it not to use creams or ointments as they tended to hold in any bacteria (I think that was the issue anyway). I did a quick google search and found what looked like some good resources. One thing you may want do is try an antianxiety treatment from the local pet store. I've used rescue remedy before. That might help to take the edge off. Also, might want to do an e-collar is puppy is trying to chew or lick at the sore.

Good tips thank you. Maybe he has separation anxiety. I have rescue remedy here I'll bring it with me.
36868Copy_of_CopyofBW_Einsteinmini-thumb.jpg

I swear by my Vet (my cat wouldn't be alive today without him) but he is in St. Cloud - depending on where you are in Orlando it may be too far for you to go.

PM if you are still interested in his phone number and address.

John

I swear by my Vet (my cat wouldn't be alive today without him) but he is in St. Cloud - depending on where you are in Orlando it may be too far for you to go.

PM if you are still interested in his phone number and address.

John

Thank you. He's in the Conway part of Orlando. pm on the way.

I don't think you can ask for a specific vet. With three dogs and two cats, I think we've seen all of them and have been very pleased.

John

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter