• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando hotels

dg39

DIS Veteran
Planning a trip to Universal and WDW next summer. I'm looking around now just to get an idea of things. I know where to stay in WDW, but never been to Universal. Any suggestions on a moderate priced hotel. I need 2 rooms(3-kids,2 are teenagers) 0n for husband,8-yr.old and myself and a seperate room for two 17yr.olds.I would like a hotel very close to the park, a resort type but one that is moderately priced. Are the shuttle bus times reliable? Any ideas would help out.

I would suggest the Hard Rock Hotel as the most convenient because it IS on site. It is a five minute walk from Universal Studios. With the entertainment rates you can get very moderate rates on the deluxe, pool and garden view rooms, but you might want the kids suite for your purposes. They run quite a bit more though. For more information Click Here

The Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites on Kirkman Rd is literally across the street from the parking garage. It has one bedroom suites and though I have never stayed there my co-worker has and he was VERY satisfied with them. For more information
Click Here

There are two new hotels close to Universal that you may want to consider:

Fairfield Inn & Suites- opened Jan. 2001, 1 mile to Universal, special $52/night)

Sleep Inn & Suites- opened July 2000- 1/4 mile to Universal, special $49/night)

You can check out these specials at http://www.weeklytop10-orlando.com/Home/index.html

Good Luck!
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter