Orlando Covid Tests Without a Car

Kennedy Cooke

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone.
I will be going back to Disney for the first time since 2019 (yay!) but would like some advice. I was going to go to Walgreens to get a NAAT test to fly back to Toronto, but I've noticed that they only offer drive thu testing. At first this wasn't a problem, as I would just use an Uber but I've recently read that Uber does not allow that. I was just wondering how you guys got testing in Orlando if you did not have a car (I am too young to rent a car), preferably a free option, like Walgreens.
Thanks!

BeeperMD comes to you. We had a test done with Curative. I believe they may have called it drive through but it was a set up in a parking lot where you would park and then walk to their testing truck/setup. They also have a lot of available appointments but it is PCR and can take longer to get results.

I booked BeeperMD for my trip end of the month, they'll come to the hotel (POP Century) and do the test, it's free, and results should be in 36 hours. You book a two hour window so I put it in the afternoon about 66 - 68 hours before my flight home (so within the 72 hours, and with enough time to get the results before we fly back). We like an afternoon break any way.

I’ve been doing a little research for our December trip and it looks like cvs also offers free NAAT tests, but you can do it as a walk up without a car. Not sure if anyone’s has any first hand experience with that? I would probably plan to call ahead and ask before booking if it’s possible. We are thinking this would be our back up if BeeperMD didn’t work out.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing a little research for our December trip and it looks like cvs also offers free NATT tests, but you can do it as a walk up without a car. Not sure if anyone’s has any first hand experience with that? I would probably plan to call ahead and ask before booking if it’s possible. We are thinking this would be our back up if BeeperMD didn’t work out.
That’s sort of what I was thinking, too. Hopefully beeper md will work, since it just seems so easy, but will see if I can go Walgreens as a back up plan!

That’s sort of what I was thinking, too. Hopefully beeper md will work, since it just seems so easy, but will see if I can go Walgreens as a back up plan!

You will definitely need a car for Walgreens though. It says on their FAQs they will not allow people to walk up to do the test so you’d either need to rent a car or see if an Uber will take you through. I’m not sure if an Uber would be willing to do this and I’d be worried trying to figure out the logistics of how that works. That’s why we thought CVS would be the better alternative. It seems like they would allow walk ups (but like I said, I would probably call to verify ahead of time) and it seems like they open testing dates about 2 weeks ahead of time which would take some stress out of booking!

You will definitely need a car for Walgreens though. It says on their FAQs they will not allow people to walk up to do the test so you’d either need to rent a car or see if an Uber will take you through. I’m not sure if an Uber would be willing to do this and I’d be worried trying to figure out the logistics of how that works. That’s why we thought CVS would be the better alternative. It seems like they would allow walk ups (but like I said, I would probably call to verify ahead of time) and it seems like they open testing dates about 2 weeks ahead of time which would take some stress out of booking!
Mears taxi will go. I spoke with a driver when I went with my kids because we didn't have a car. BeeperMD worked for me but Walgreens and a Mears taxi was my backup plan

I’ve been doing a little research for our December trip and it looks like cvs also offers free NAAT tests, but you can do it as a walk up without a car. Not sure if anyone’s has any first hand experience with that? I would probably plan to call ahead and ask before booking if it’s possible. We are thinking this would be our back up if BeeperMD didn’t work out.
Just curious if you have called them. When I look online to do a booking, the PCR/NAAT says Drive-thru test and is 1-2 days for results. the Rapid result test that they list as 'vehicle not required' is actually the antigen test that can't be used to come back. If ppl are looking for a backup to beepermd, your best bet is to go with Walgreens since that Rapid ID Now (NAAT) has been confirmed in a few hours by quite a few posters (or at worst would be the 24hrs). And as @ellbell has commented, taxis' will indeed take ppl there.

I made a booking with BeeperMD but am wondering how it works with the hotel visit. I see a few people here have used them on Disney property, can anyone explain how the tester gets through into parking (do we have to tell the hotel or anything? Do they have to pay to park?). And does BeeperMD call to arrange the meet? I see some met in the lobby and I don’t have a room number to put on the reservations. Thanks.

Just curious if you have called them. When I look online to do a booking, the PCR/NAAT says Drive-thru test and is 1-2 days for results. the Rapid result test that they list as 'vehicle not required' is actually the antigen test that can't be used to come back. If ppl are looking for a backup to beepermd, your best bet is to go with Walgreens since that Rapid ID Now (NAAT) has been confirmed in a few hours by quite a few posters (or at worst would be the 24hrs). And as @ellbell has commented, taxis' will indeed take ppl there.

I haven’t yet as our trip isn’t until December so we still have some time. I’m secretly hoping that if they are verifying vaccination status for travel at that time then we may be able to forego testing. But if/when I do call, I’ll report back what I’m told!

Curative was another option we’d consider but unfortunately they closed the location close to property. I think the next closest location is about a $20 Uber away, so round trip probably over $50 CAN.

I made a booking with BeeperMD but am wondering how it works with the hotel visit. I see a few people here have used them on Disney property, can anyone explain how the tester gets through into parking (do we have to tell the hotel or anything? Do they have to pay to park?). And does BeeperMD call to arrange the meet? I see some met in the lobby and I don’t have a room number to put on the reservations. Thanks.

My appointment isn't for a couple weeks, I emailed them and they said to provide the room number when I have it to facilitate the appointment. I am not sure about paying for parking, but am sure a medical appointment would be an approved reason to park onsite. I believe I read if there is a parking charge you have to pay for that, but I haven't seen any comments regarding it. I am sure you could meet them in the lobby. I plan to have a US plan on my phone while I'm there so they can contact me, I normally don't bother when staying at Disney since I use their wifi but in this case I'll want to be reachable by phone or text I think.

To answer the parking questions... At Disney hotel as far as I know you only pay for parking if you stay overnight. So the BeeperMD person won't have to pay for parking.

I used beepermd at POP on September 9th. They didn't have to pay for parking as they were visiting a guest at the resort amd not staying overnight and they came right to my room. I didn't book until I had my room number.

Great, thanks for the replies. I did check off the possible paid parking when I been booked but it was waived after entering the number of people. Them getting onsite without a hassle was my main concern but sounds like that is not an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter