• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Orlando areas to live feedback please

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I’m looking for feedback on some areas in Orlando area. The areas are Avalon Park, Alfalaya, Oviedo, Clermont, St.Cloud. Are these nice neighborhoods with low crime? Commute time doesn’t matter.

You realize that the first 3 you list are not close to St.Cloud nor Clermont correct? It really depends on what you are looking for as there are many differences from housing costs, cost of living etc. Where will you be working? As that should be your number 1 consideration as commute time can be a bear. (I know that you say commute time doesn’t matter, but to get from say, Clermont to Oveido, you would be looking at close to an hour between the two areas)

Clermont is a large geographical area, stretching from north of Hwy 50 all the way down to Hwy 192, along Hwy 27. The area where 50 and 27 meet is where old Clermont is located, with the historic downtown area, restaurants, lakeshore parks, fitness trail, and many amenities are located. Going down 27, you find lots of newer subdivisions, with grocery stores, drug stores, gas stations and a Walmart. If you want a walkable area, old Clermont would be more what you are looking for. Just something to think about when looking for data on Clermont.

You realize that the first 3 you list are not close to St.Cloud nor Clermont correct? It really depends on what you are looking for as there are many differences from housing costs, cost of living etc. Where will you be working? As that should be your number 1 consideration as commute time can be a bear. (I know that you say commute time doesn’t matter, but to get from say, Clermont to Oveido, you would be looking at close to an hour between the two areas)

Yes we are looking at a wide variety of areas. Work is from home so no commute.

I live in Polk City. Cows, citrus orchards and trucking company distribution centers. 😆

I'd cut St. Cloud from the list. It's far from everything and sort of industrial. Clermont's nice if you don't mind basically being in the boonies. I lived there for awhile and it's too small town feeling for me, but maybe that's what you're looking for? I don't know enough about the other three to give an informed opinion.

I'd cut St. Cloud from the list. It's far from everything and sort of industrial. Clermont's nice if you don't mind basically being in the boonies. I lived there for awhile and it's too small town feeling for me, but maybe that's what you're looking for? I don't know enough about the other three to give an informed opinion.

Clermont used to be considered the “boonies” but has REALLY GROWN in the last few years. There are now MANY restaurants, shopping options, and more to keep up with all the growth. Winter Garden in the Horizons West area is also growing by leaps and bounds. The builders can barely keep up with the demands!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter