Orlando Area Campgrounds

jsmla

DIS Veteran
We plan to take our almost three year old granddaughter to Magic Kingdom, SeaWorld, Legoland and maybe the beach over Thanksgiving 2020. We’ve only recently decided on the trip and Ft Wilderness is booked solid.

Are there any comparable campgrounds in the area? We‘d like something with a toddler-friendly pool if possible. She LOVED the splash area at Ft Wilderness!

7B30C395-9452-41AB-9A32-8A470E453056.png
AA3321A2-5668-4580-B848-ACA4CC21971B.png

Thanks!

Attachments

• 6851C37A-49B0-4924-8D15-233C2A7059DC.png
    6851C37A-49B0-4924-8D15-233C2A7059DC.png
    498.4 KB · Views: 0
I can't comment on other campgrounds in the area but I can suggest that you keep calling the Fort, reservations are constantly changing. We wanted to book all of February 2021 but could only get 1-10 at first but I kept calling and am now up to 1-21. And I always call instead of booking online it always seems to work out better.
Good luck!

We stayed at the KOA hgwy 27/4. Its not FW.. Pretty easy access going north and across. I would continue looking at FW site on daily, as you may see site pop open.

Thanks, I will keep checking but I’d really like to reserve something since it will be Thanksgiving week.

Cypress Campground & RV park is right down the road from Legoland. I have never been, but live right next to Legoland and drive by it often. They have a heated pool, playground, mini golf, horseshoes, clubhouse, bathhouses, laundry and much more. They are also pet friendly. Its about a 35-45 minute drive to WDW, depending on traffic.

We love Lake Louisa State Park. It is a little bit of a drive to the parks but not terrible. And the price is right! We did a split stay there and at Fort Wilderness last year and I actually preferred Lake Louisa. Fort Wilderness was too big and spread out. If you don't have a golf cart you WILL do LOTS of walking (even to get to a comfort station).

We also stayed at Lake Louisa SP the night before checking into WDW. Very beautiful park. I think it was about 30-45 minutes of drive time getting into the Fort with the camper behind us. That time might be a little less if you aren't towing.

1) Lake Louisa is a State Park and has reasonable rates.
2) We live off Hwy-27, and adjacent to Thousand Trails.
3) They are a "members" campground but accept non-members.
4) Trails has a outdoor pools, weight/exercise room, and camper social activities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter