• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Original standard color magic bands no longer available to pre-order?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
I was able to order standard color magic bands for our (recovery) annual passholders the other day. (Still complimentary.) However, when I go to order bands for the non annual passholders in our group, it does not show any of the original standard color bands available to order all all, even for a fee. It has a variety of new solid colors (for $10) but not the original ones. Are they phasing out those colors? Was hoping to get some for the $5 I had previously heard they were selling for.

They recently raised the price on all bands by $5, including the plain colored ones. New price for the plain bands, including the original colors is now $10. The bands that show up as available with your resort stay change very frequently. Keep checking back and they should eventual show back up as available. They are not doing away with the original colors.

Steve

I watched the MDE selection of bands for resort guests a couple times per day for about a month from April - May. I never saw the original band colors show up at all. Only the new solid band colors and different price point patterned bands. I'm glad we just bit the bullet and ordered them, though, because the day after I placed my order they raised the price on all bands by $5.00 bringing the cheapest tier (solid colors) from $5 to $10.

The thing that is strange is that the original colors ARE still an option and showing up for annual passholder bands. (I have one family member with an option for free AP band and just checked and original colors are available there. Just ordered the original purple.)

Only APs get the free complementary colored bands (and only until mid August) they are trying to push the new magic mobile service

The thing that is strange is that the original colors ARE still an option and showing up for annual passholder bands. (I have one family member with an option for free AP band and just checked and original colors are available there. Just ordered the original purple.)

Nothing on MDE/Disney IT ever makes sense! A lot of the solid color bands are sold out on ShopDisney, too. It's all so strange.

I ordered a light blue but it looks purple in person.
Blue Iris? That's the one I got - it's very pretty and right on the line between purple and blue.

Blue Iris? That's the one I got - it's very pretty and right on the line between purple and blue.
Does it look periwinkle?

I ordered the blush pink but it’s kind of blah. Very washed out looking. Wish I ordered Iris instead, sounds lovely. But I’m gonna make the most of the blush pink by adding gold border and sapphire accents to match The Castle :)

Does it look periwinkle?

I ordered the blush pink but it’s kind of blah. Very washed out looking. Wish I ordered Iris instead, sounds lovely. But I’m gonna make the most of the blush pink by adding gold border and sapphire accents to match The Castle :)
I would say it's just slightly more purple than periwinkle. Very, very close though. My daughter got blush pink and likes it. I'll take a daylight picture of them side-by-side tomorrow.

Be glad you have a resort stay and there are at least colored bands available. We are staying offsite and I wanted a couple of bands to make sure we got the on-ride pictures with photopass. I ordered a month or so ago and all that was available was blue and navy blue (for $20 each, ouch), and now there are no solid colors at all - just specialty bands for $20 and up.

Only APs get the free complementary colored bands (and only until mid August) they are trying to push the new magic mobile service

Yes, and the free ones are ONLY the original colors...grey, red, blue, green, orange, and yellow....I believe is what I saw. None of the new solid colors are available for free.

Nothing on MDE/Disney IT ever makes sense! A lot of the solid color bands are sold out on ShopDisney, too. It's all so strange.

I think so. I'm on my son's dvc ressie so they shipped all the magic bands to his house. Haven't seen it in person but the photo he sent looks a but different from the photo on line. No biggie....it will still work.

Does it look periwinkle?

since you order your band on line, I have a question. I am on my disney experience, ordering magic bands. I selected what I wanted. Where do I finish the order and pay for them to be sent?

This is why I ordered new unopened MagicBand 2's from eBay. Got my wife the Beauty and the Beast stained glass MB2 and a orange Goofy one for me. Both for $15 each. If I am going to pay for a MB2 then I will get the ones we want for a cheaper price.

since you order your band on line, I have a question. I am on my disney experience, ordering magic bands. I selected what I wanted. Where do I finish the order and pay for them to be sent?
Have you selected a MB option for each person in your party? They make you do it all once. Maybe that’s why ‘complete order’ option isn’t showing yet?

I watched the MDE selection of bands for resort guests a couple times per day for about a month from April - May. I never saw the original band colors show up at all. Only the new solid band colors and different price point patterned bands. I'm glad we just bit the bullet and ordered them, though, because the day after I placed my order they raised the price on all bands by $5.00 bringing the cheapest tier (solid colors) from $5 to $10.

How often do they add new options to the resort package discounted bands? I want to get a new band for my trip in October, but none of the ones currently on there interest me too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter