Oregon DVC Owners Group

Vancouver is definitely close enough, and still part of the Portland metro area. We'll claim you! Lol. I haven't stayed at CCR or BRV, but they are high on my wish list. How long have you been an owner?
We bought in May 2019! Doesn't feel like its been 4 years, thanks to 😷!

I live in Pa but I wish I lived on the Oregon coast. It is the most beautiful stretch of coast I have ever been on in the USA. I have lighthouse picks of every single on form south to north and Cannon Beach is just beautiful. I can go on and on and on. . . oh best tide pooling and beach hiking also!
Heceta Head has my heart. My grandparents lived along the coast, near a stretch of the Dunes, and seeing the lighthouse from the highway was one of the highlights of every trip down there.

Heceta Head has my heart. My grandparents lived along the coast, near a stretch of the Dunes, and seeing the lighthouse from the highway was one of the highlights of every trip down there.

Florence right? I got pics of that. One of my favorite days was watching the sea lions at strawberry hill. Was so much better than going to the caves. You were so close. So many great pics that day.

I'm in Eugene! Got of a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder yesterday and bought DVC with AKL as my home resort on board! Hoping to take my first trip staying at my home resort in May 2024, but I'm currently on a waitlist for 4 nights at Grand Californian in early November (though I am not particularly optimistic).

I'm in Eugene! Got of a 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on the Wonder yesterday and bought DVC with AKL as my home resort on board! Hoping to take my first trip staying at my home resort in May 2024, but I'm currently on a waitlist for 4 nights at Grand Californian in early November (though I am not particularly optimistic).
Welcome home! Literally (off of your trip) and figuratively (with your new DVC purchase).

Hello :) I'm an owner at SSR and soon to be OKW - waiting on closing documents.

I've been to Disneyland quite a bit but have never stayed on property there. I've been a passholder at WDW since 2018 and have spent most of my time there for the past 5 years.

June is going to be Disney-packed for me. I have one night in Disneyland, June 13 and then my family and I will spent two weeks in a 1 bedroom value villa at AKV starting June 18!!

Hello :) I'm an owner at SSR and soon to be OKW - waiting on closing documents.

I've been to Disneyland quite a bit but have never stayed on property there. I've been a passholder at WDW since 2018 and have spent most of my time there for the past 5 years.

June is going to be Disney-packed for me. I have one night in Disneyland, June 13 and then my family and I will spent two weeks in a 1 bedroom value villa at AKV starting June 18!!
Fun! Congrats on your OKW contract!

Does anyone favor Wilderness Lodge/BR/CC as their favorite resort? We have our first stay at Boulder Ridge this fall and I wonder if it'll make me homesick for the Northwest, or just make me appreciate spending so much time in the real thing :)

Does anyone favor Wilderness Lodge/BR/CC as their favorite resort? We have our first stay at Boulder Ridge this fall and I wonder if it'll make me homesick for the Northwest, or just make me appreciate spending so much time in the real thing :)
I haven’t stayed there yet, but it’s high on my list and the theming speaks to me, probably because I’m a native Oregonian. Would love to hear from people who have stayed there.

I haven’t stayed there yet, but it’s high on my list and the theming speaks to me, probably because I’m a native Oregonian. Would love to hear from people who have stayed there.
I haven’t stayed there either (I actually never stayed deluxe before becoming a DVC member, we always stayed moderate but wished we could stay deluxe), but it’s also high on my list. I feel like my first WDW trip as an owner has to be at my home resort, but I’ll probably do Wilderness next.

The BRV refurbishment looks great - that alone will make it a good stay.

The whole resort is amazing. It's an idealized version of the Northwest that I definitely don't live in day-to-day. It's all trees and sweeping grand rustic lodges with water views. I've only stayed on the lodge side, but I toured the CCV side and always walk the grounds when I visit for a meal. My favorite restaurant there is Whispering Canyon. I love a big breakfast or lunch and it serves up both :)

My grandparents used be caretakers there-my parents had their rehearsal dinner there in the 60s :).

Hello from Eugene! We own a small AKV contract-bought direct the last week that 25 points got you direct status-and VGC resale. We do WDW every few years but DL really has our hearts-plus it’s way way less stressful to visit (both distance and logistics once you get there). I’d like to visit aulani once but we much prefer Maui.

Thinking about VDH-I love the midcentury vibe and history of that hotel-but may wait for some $130 resale points as we only use our DL points there. We typically travel with at least 6-three kids but adult daughter’s partner-and I don’t love the shortage of larger units there.

My grandparents used be caretakers there-my parents had their rehearsal dinner there in the 60s :).

Hello from Eugene! We own a small AKV contract-bought direct the last week that 25 points got you direct status-and VGC resale. We do WDW every few years but DL really has our hearts-plus it’s way way less stressful to visit (both distance and logistics once you get there). I’d like to visit aulani once but we much prefer Maui.

Thinking about VDH-I love the midcentury vibe and history of that hotel-but may wait for some $130 resale points as we only use our DL points there. We typically travel with at least 6-three kids but adult daughter’s partner-and I don’t love the shortage of larger units there.

OMG Eugene-based AKV buddies!! I also prefer Disneyland in some ways (for the ease of travel and the easier overall logistics), but I'm excited to get to visit WDW more with my DVC membership.

OMG Eugene-based AKV buddies!! I also prefer Disneyland in some ways (for the ease of travel and the easier overall logistics), but I'm excited to get to visit WDW more with my DVC membership.
We’ve used our measly 25 points there very effectively a few times. Banked and booked and grabbed a BWV studio during flower and garden a few years back, then got an AKV value 2 bedroom in 2021 and last year, couple nights in an SSR studio for Guardians DVC preview. We’ve combined one time with five nights at Bonnet Creek in a two bedroom-very nice and crazy cheap-and then stays at the Hard Rock at Universal (which my kids actually prefer to WDW).

We're in Tigard (Portland suburb). Owners at Poly since they opened and now at VDH. Grew up in LA (I was actually at Disneyland on opening day). But WDW has been our primary venue for the past 30 years. One of my sons now lives in Burbank (about 5 miles from where I grew up), so Disneyland trips have become more frequent in the last couple of years. Hence the VDH purchase.

We're in Tigard (Portland suburb). Owners at Poly since they opened and now at VDH. Grew up in LA (I was actually at Disneyland on opening day). But WDW has been our primary venue for the past 30 years. One of my sons now lives in Burbank (about 5 miles from where I grew up), so Disneyland trips have become more frequent in the last couple of years. Hence the VDH purchase.
Congrats on VDH! That will be so fun and convenient.

Disneyland on opening day! Wow! What do you remember?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter