Ordering kids meals as an adult?

SRiley1985

Mouseketeer
We are going to Disney next week for 6 days. I'm not a big eater at breakfast and will be paying OOP for the meal, probably just the kid's Mickey Waffles or something like that. Can I do this or will they question why I am ordering kids food? LOL. Thanks!

Go for it. They won't question it ... they don't know if you're ordering it for you or the child you have back at the table. ;) From what I understand, the kid's meals have plenty of food, too.

HTH :)

On the last day of our trip I ordered a kids meal at Captain Cooks at the Polynesian because I wasn't very hungry - it was the perfect amount of food for a light eater! I really wish I would have done this throughout our trip, they really did not care who the food was for, and it comes with two sides and a drink which is very nice.

Hiya. I'm a small gal, and I tend to eat many many small meals a day vs one or two big ones, and I can say that I *only* order kids meals. At Disney parks and Universal. No one has ever questioned me for it, and they tend to be a) healthier and b) perfectly portioned.

:)

You didn't say but I assume you mean counter service. TS is another matter, but I can't imagine you'd have trouble at CS.

I always order from the kid's menus for breakfast at counter service locations. I've never had a problem with it and it really is the perfect size for me.

I do this all the time ,especially when I don't like the adult choices, lol. No one has ever questioned me. Like the PP said, they don't know if you have a child back at the table or the room. I don't know if you'll be able to do this at the TS restaurants. I've only done it a the CS ones.

You can totally do this at CS locations. You can even do it at TS, sometimes. We did this a few years ago (not during free DDP) when most of my family wasn't too hungry when we ate at HBD. 3 adults ordered the kid's meal and 1 ordered an appetizer. Our server was fine with it and told us we could even order a larger portion if we wanted (I've since learned these are called "junior meals". ) The only difference was that our drink wasn't inc. in our meal. We paid separately for them.

If you want to get a kid's meal at a TS location, ask before your area seated to see if you can. Some restaurants (outside of Disney) will also call these Senior meals as well.

Happy Dining!

You're not supposed to order from the kids menu unless you are under 9 BUT I do anyways. I get the PB&J kids meal with grapes and water all the time. It's all I need and I can't eat MSG or Nitrates so it's a safe meal for me.

No one ever say's anything, I guess they just figure I'm ordering for the kids.

I don't know if it would be welcomed in a sit down restaurant though ~ which I think is a bummer.

I think we should be able to order what we want, like at Cracker Barrel. They welcome anyone to order from the kids menu ~ it's nice :)

I do it all the time. DH eats QS breakfast lunch dinner and snacks in between:goodvibes So I order a kids meal most of the time because I don't get a chance to get very hungry!! Sometimes I just order a side of mac n cheese.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter