• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ordering Groceries

Kiren

Mouseketeer
Which company is better to use? I'm thinking of having groceries delivered to the resort so DH and I have some snacks for the mornings and evenings and the day we have chosen to have 'off' from the parks. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Awesome thank you so much! I'm gonna talk to my DH and see if he's on board for this!

No problem! We have water, snacks, breakfast items and some adult beverages delivered. It's great having some stuff in the room and to bring to the parks with you.

We were planning on bringing water bottles with us but I'm not too sure how my body is going to react to the different water. Bottled for drinking would make me feel better.

The Water there is fine to drink it just tastes disgusting. ( highly chlorinated) Bottled water is the way to go but you really won't have a reaction to the water.

We ordered with Garden Grocer last year and it was great - they delivered and brought it right into the kitchen for us. Very well organized and well worth the convenience.

Garden grocer gets my vote as well...we've used them a handful of times so far, and will use them again! Convenient and accurate delivery.
I particularly like the fact that they will separate 'cold' items, and your Disney resort will store those in a fridge until your room is ready. No need to worry about spoiled items or warm beverages!

For those of you that have used grocery delivery, do you have to be in the room waiting for the delivery? Does the resort you stay at make any difference? And most importantly, can they deliver on the day of your arrival?

Tagging on a question for those who have used Garden Grocer for beer/wine: Do you have to be there to accept the delivery or will the resort sign for it?

We ordered beer/coolers through Garden Grocers in August, along with drinks/water, snacks, breakfast stuff. It was all delivered to the resort prior to us getting there and they didn't even question us about the alcohol part at all. Didn't need to sign anything. Bell services just brought it to our room once we arrived. You do have to be in your room for Bell Services to deliver it to you, but you don't have to be there for Garden Grocers to deliver it to the resort. When you place the order online through Garden Grocers, you have to pick a date and time for them to deliver it. Make sure to order early enough so that you have the best selection of delivery dates/times as they do run out of available slots.

Thanks! I just submitted my order and less than 10 minutes later I got a phone call to confirm that my order went through. The very friendly woman also let me know that we would not have to be there to accept the delivery and also that they have already received and approved the ID scan I sent them.

I could not be more impressed with the service so far!

Garden Grocer is great. We ordered all of our breakfast supplies and some lunch ones too. Got our liquor order too (beer, cider & wine) - I just scanned and emailed my driver's license as ID and that's all I needed. They called me on the day of delivery to say they had dropped everything off at our resort too. Groceries got there before we did. When we checked in, Bell Services delivered the groceries to our room.

For those of you that have used grocery delivery, do you have to be in the room waiting for the delivery? Does the resort you stay at make any difference? And most importantly, can they deliver on the day of your arrival?
I have used Garden Grocer many times and have never had any problems. When you complete your order, you can specify the window that you want you food delivered. For example, we typically don't land until late morning/early afternoon, so I always get a timeslot between 2:00 and 4:00 p.m. for delivery. You will get a text from them when your food is delivered to the resort. This is great because we can hit the parks and not wait around for our food. We simply stop at Bell Services when we get back to pick up our food (or you can call them and get it delivered to your room). Very convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter