Order of hotels on strip

Tandyc

Disney brings out the kid in me!
I am planning a trip as a surprise for DH to Vegas and want to be in the middle area of the strip, but it's been so long (10 yrs) since we've been there I don't know the lay of the land anymore. Currently we are booked at Bellagio. What do you think? I would love any advice for this trip. It's in June, hot I know but it's our anniversary.

What shows are a must? What else is a must beyond shows? He is a light gambler and we are casual drinkers. I look forward to the architecture and people watching. Any advice would be fabulous.

So glad I found Vegas on the Disboards!

Tandyc

If you want to be in the center of it all, the Bellagio is one of the best places to be. The Bellagio is wonderful and it's where we spent our first anniversary. If you can, get a fountain view room. The hotel has a channel that plays the same music you can hear when you watch the fountains outside. Plus, they have the BEST gelato at Jean-Philippe's.

Check out the Fontana Bar in the Bellagio. They have a patio overlooking the fountains and good drinks.

For shows, you HAVE to see a Cirque show. I've only seen Mystere and Love. They are very different shows and if you are a Beatles fan, go see Love. But for a "real" Cirque experience, check out O or Mystere. Mystere is AMAZING, I found myself holding my breath a lot of the time.

For good food, check out Fix (Bellagio) or Stack (Mirage). I prefer Stack since I feel that they have better service but I like the menu choices at Fix more. Plus, they both have my favorite martini, cucumber. Trust me, it's yummy. Nobu (Palms) is amazing for sushi and Olives (Bellagio) is great for lunch. Also, Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill, is great for brunch or dinner.

Have fun!

It's pretty simple - if you can fit the Bellagio into your budget, do it. Fantastic place in the perfect location.

Hitting your specific questions - here's a simplified map of the strip that will show you the location of all the resorts: http://www.cheapovegas.com/vegas_map.php?map=strip . You can poke around the cheapovegas site for lots of fun reading about each resort.

Must shows? Vegas is turning into all-Cirque-all-the-time. I still think Mystere is their best show - and it's also the cheapest. What's could be better? I'd also recommend going to one of the 50% off ticket places and seeing what is available that day. MamaMia has been on the board lately, and it a blast.

Must sees? I think you've got the right idea with "architecture and people watching". One of the best places for people watching is right in the Bellagio - the Petrossian Bar. Get one of their overpriced drinks, listen to the wonderful piano player, and watch the worth go by.

The Bellagio ia a perfect location on the strip, plus the hotel is fabulous. We were upgraded to a suite last time we were there; it was seriously my favorite hotel room ever. We love Olives, the Todd English restaurant, there. At the Bellagio, don't miss their fountains (of course), the conservatory or Cirque's O. (2 of those 3 are free!)

Vegas.com has a list of all the attractions along with prices and a list of all the free stuff to do in Vegas. For romance, I recommend a gondola ride at the Venetian and a trip to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

I can't thank you all enough for all the advice and information. Gotta luv the disboards!

Happy Valentine's Day!:flower3:

Tandyc

The Bellagio is one of our favorites and has an excellent location.

Woody

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter