Orange Lake Resort

stitchlover

DIS Veteran
Our contact at Albany Head Start has an upcoming trip scheduled to Disney World and is booked at the Orange Lake Resort. Does anyone know anything about this resort? She asked for some feedback on it.

Moderators...I hope it's okay that I posted this here! Please let me know if I stepped out of line, sorry.

We have stayed there several times, usually a couple of years between visits. Own here.

Great location. Minutes from Disney. The new pools at River Island (not sure if this is the right name for this part of the resort) are wonderful. The only hassle here is they make you rent tubes.

The units are large - we get a three bedroom. Love having the washer and dryer.

Down side -
We have had a unit that was really in need of updating especially appliances, dishwaser, washer and stove did not work properly.

They really want you to golf. I think we got multiple voicemails each day about golf. - We don't golf.

DH and I own a timeshare at Orange Lake and go there every April. It's nice and the units are spacious. It is a quick drive to the parks and is close enough to go back in the afternoon for a swim or a nap before going back out to the parks for the evening. There are several golf courses and putt putt golf and a few pools. As PP mentioned, there is River Island where there is a lazy river and pools and so forth. There is also the West Village pool area which was just revamped last year. There are water sports available (i.e. jet skis and paddle boats) for a fee and an activities calendar. My DD and her friend enjoyed the arcade area this last trip. The downside is that you typically have to drive to the pool areas. This past trip we were lucky enough to be in a section that had a quiet pool we could walk to but in past years that hasn't been the case. There is a shuttle bus that goes around the complex though. Overall, we like it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter