Options on which hotel is best for us...

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
2 mom friends and our 2 older teen boys...3 night trip for Spring Break.

We don't really want to be sleeping next to the boys right next to us in the same room (& I'm sure they don't want to be that close to us either, lol). I understand some of the newer value hotels have 2 bedrooms---is it really 2 actual bedrooms?
Do any of the hotels have a 2 bathroom option (don't really want to share a bathroom with teen boys either, lol)

The newer "2 bedroom" hotels don't offer front of the line pass though, right? That sure is a nice perk.

Also--can you "pool hop" w/all pools at Universal hotels, and if so--how easy transportation wise is that?

Haven't been to Universal in years, any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Last edited:
Cabana Bay and Dockside/Surfside have 2 bedroom suites and neither hotel offers front of the line pass (EP)
I think CB suites have 2 bathrooms check universal website for room layouts.
You could also consider two connecting standard rooms
You can pool hop its pretty easy to get to resorts although Dockside/Surfside are further and not walkable to parks or other resorts
Spring break will be crowded so you may want to consider one of the premium hotels that offers EP or factor in the cost of a day EP ticket add on

My understanding is that you can't pool hop if you are staying at the Endless Summer hotels. It could be because they are farther away from the other hotels, but it also could be that Universal wants to provide more separation between the Value hotels and the other more expensive hotels.

Also, only PBR, HRH and RPR provide EP access. None of the other hotels have that benefit.

Have you looked at suites at the deluxe hotels? Something where you can get some rollaways for the living space? I think it would be pretty amusing to book the Jurassic Park room for 2 teen boys! :) https://www.loewshotels.com/royal-pacific-resort/accommodations/suites
Obviously there are pros and cons with all of your choices and you are going to have to concede something. Budget, express passes, sleeping set up, number of bathrooms...
Sapphire Falls has family suites too. Best of the non deluxes because it is on the water taxi line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter