• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Options for on-demand transportation

lovewdwfun

Mouseketeer
We will need transportation from WDW to MCO, but at a flexible time (we have an early flight home so are staying at Hyatt MCO for the last night). We are a family of 6 plus luggage.

When I tried to use an Uber XL at Disney last time, we were sent a vehicle which didn’t even have room for our stroller (used as a wheelchair). It seems the vehicle they send varies.

What is the best option for transportation to the airport that isn’t at a prearranged time? Would two Ubers be the best bet - or is there a risk that even with those we wouldn’t have room for 3 large suitcases plus a giant double stroller? We are fine with getting two Ubers but I am concerned we will still be sent vehicles with no room in the trunk. Are there any options I’m not considering?

We will need transportation from WDW to MCO, but at a flexible time (we have an early flight home so are staying at Hyatt MCO for the last night). We are a family of 6 plus luggage.

When I tried to use an Uber XL at Disney last time, we were sent a vehicle which didn’t even have room for our stroller (used as a wheelchair). It seems the vehicle they send varies.

What is the best option for transportation to the airport that isn’t at a prearranged time? Would two Ubers be the best bet - or is there a risk that even with those we wouldn’t have room for 3 large suitcases plus a giant double stroller? We are fine with getting two Ubers but I am concerned we will still be sent vehicles with no room in the trunk. Are there any options I’m not considering?

I almost always use Lyft Lux Black XL or Uber Black SUV, especially for airport runs. Yes it's more expensive (can be a lot more expensive) but you tend to get real SUVs and professional drivers. Frankly I can't recall a time I haven't had a black Suburban or similar type large car, Cadilac Escalades, etc. It's the next best thing to pre-arranged car service transport, IMO.

I tend to use Lyft when on WDW property since that's WDW's official partner and there are some designated spots on property they can wait/stage. Although frankly most everyone usually drives for both.

Hope that helps!

For your needs, I really think that something scheduled would be the best option; that way, you can guarantee the type of vehicle that will be picking you up.
Otherwise, as PP posted, Lyft Lux Black XL would be your best option. Uber Black SUV is not offered in Orlando, but Uber Black is.

There are still taxis available. You don't have to use rideshare if that doesn't work for you. You can order a taxi of a certain size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter