Option To Change “Welcome Home” Magic Band Sound

HairyChest

DIS Veteran
The automated “Welcome Home” sound effect message played when I scan in to enter one of the themeparks does nothing for me. It used to mean something when a cast member said it (Which they do once in a while when they hear the welcome home sound effect). When It’s said to me going to the resorts from a cast member still means a lot and I love that.

We should have the option to change it on the special magicbands that have exclusive effects and sounds because I am disappointed that I don’t get to hear the special sound effects and lights that come with certain magicbands since I have DVC and it overrides the effect to “welcome home”.

Anyone feel the same?

Usually, there's so much noise and activity around me, I can't hear anything. I never knew there was a "Welcome Home" coming from the tap-stiles

The automated “Welcome Home” sound effect message played when I scan in to enter one of the themeparks does nothing for me. It used to mean something when a cast member said it (Which they do once in a while when they hear the welcome home sound effect). When It’s said to me going to the resorts from a cast member still means a lot and I love that.

We should have the option to change it on the special magicbands that have exclusive effects and sounds because I am disappointed that I don’t get to hear the special sound effects and lights that come with certain magicbands since I have DVC and it overrides the effect to “welcome home”.

Anyone feel the same?
Our last trip was so impromptu that we didn't even have our magic bands. We used our phones/apple watch to get into the parks. My DH's does not have DVC associated with his account while I do. I really enjoyed the pink lights and "Welcome Home!" when I entered the park. BUT ... my regular MB is a special orange MB from Epcot's 35th anniversary and it flashes orange and says "Reflections of Earth!" when I enter Epcot. I would be VERY DISAPPOINTED if "Welcome Home!" over rode "Reflections of Earth!" when entering Epcot. It reminds me so much of IllumiNations.

Our last trip was so impromptu that we didn't even have our magic bands. We used our phones/apple watch to get into the parks. My DH's does not have DVC associated with his account while I do. I really enjoyed the pink lights and "Welcome Home!" when I entered the park. BUT ... my regular MB is a special orange MB from Epcot's 35th anniversary and it flashes orange and says "Reflections of Earth!" when I enter Epcot. I would be VERY DISAPPOINTED if "Welcome Home!" over rode "Reflections of Earth!" when entering Epcot. It reminds me so much of IllumiNations.
So your account is associated with DVC yet you heard “Reflections of Earth” with your special MB? It wasn’t overridden with “Welcome Home”?
By the way that sounds AMAZING!

So your account is associated with DVC yet you heard “Reflections of Earth” with your special MB? It wasn’t overridden with “Welcome Home”?
By the way that sounds AMAZING!
No, we didn't have our MBs with us. We hadn't planned on going to WDW and were on an NCL cruise instead. While on our cruise, we found out that Rose and Crown bartender extraordinaire Carl was retiring the day after we returned to Miami. So we grabbed a couple of nights at the Poly on DVC points and used our phones and my Apple Watch instead of our MBs. My watch generated the "Welcome Home". I hope that my MB will still generate "Reflections of Earth" on our next trip as it did back in May.

It would be cool if you could customize it. Allow you to choose from a variety of options. Possibly even include new sounds as new shows/movies release.

Heck even holiday or ride based things.

"May the force be with you"
"Goofy's waiting at the chalet" (winter time at blizzard beach would be funny)

This would be one of those things that cost very minimal to do but would be a really cool benefit.

I have an old Rogue One Stat Wars magic band that plays the Imperial Alarm sound with a red ring when I scan it.

It has always overridden the DVC greeting. All my other magic band give the "Welcome Home" and pink circle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter