Opinions Please - Westgate Vacation Villas

Emmyfaye

Mouseketeer
Can you please share your experiences - both the good, the bad and the ugly - with Westgate Vacation Villas.

A friend has obtained a fabulous rate for a two bedroom suite for a week, with the proviso that she and her husband attend a 90 minute timeshare presentation. They are willing to do this, and apparently will receive two attractions tickets as well as the great rate.

1. Are the Villas nice? Can you describe them? What about housekeeping, pools? Are there restaurants on site? Is it close to shopping?

2. Can you please describe your experiences with the timeshare presentation?

Thanks a million on behalf of my friend!

i cant wait to see what people have to say about westgate!
we are planning on staying there next may for a wk.
i hope we can get through the 90 minutes o.k.

Hope someone responds to this, but I will make sure my friend tells me all about her stay, so I can let you know (my friend's stay is in March).

I own there. Never did the timeshare tour because I bought a resale. However, from what I hear, they are pretty brutal. Just be pleasant, when your 90 minutes are up, say thanks and get your gifts and go.

Now, as far as the resort. The rooms are spacious. You have a washer/dryer in each unit, full kitchen, 3 tvs. There are 10 pools on the grounds. The only food is a Pizza Hut Express but you are right off 192 with tons of restaurants. There is no daily housekeeping.

Hope this helps. I am sure you will enjoying staying there.

just tell your friend to mention tug (timeshare users group) and shouldn't have to waste to much time.

Westgate itself is beautiful - but their salespeople are horrible.

yes I brought there - didn't know about resales at the time.

We stayed there this summer through our RCI exchange. I had read many negative things on these boards and was very nervous. We loved it. We were even in one of the older buildings . The place was huge! Very clean and very well stocked!The pools were all very nice. There were a ton of activities-we only had the girl's hair wrapped. Otherwise we just vegged at the pool. We had to go to a maintenance breakfast(read sales pitch). Very high pressure. We 1just looked bored and asked no questions. She brought her manager over to offer us the forclosures. Actuall, we got out of there in about 30 minutes. Hope you have a great time

I stayed there in March 2001. No complaints. the units were large and very nice. When we had a problem maintenance fixed it promptly.
My son also enjoyed the free bikes, tennis equipment, paddle boats, etc.
I was going to return this year, but got a great rate at vistana villages, and no timeshare presentation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter