Opinions please! College and Working at Disney

dizmom2mwjk

If only he loved Disney as much as I do
Is it possible to go to college full time and work at Disney part time(not doing DCP)? My daughter wants to attend school for musical theater near Orlando and work at Disney part time, possibly as a character performer/dancer in parades. Is Disney flexible enough to allow this type of schedule? School would require her to audition and perform or work on theater performances in addition to homework for classes.

Looking for opinions from those with Disney experience and College experience as to whether this is even feasible.

Thanks for your input!

Is it possible to go to college full time and work at Disney part time(not doing DCP)? My daughter wants to attend school for musical theater near Orlando and work at Disney part time, possibly as a character performer/dancer in parades. Is Disney flexible enough to allow this type of schedule? School would require her to audition and perform or work on theater performances in addition to homework for classes.

Looking for opinions from those with Disney experience and College experience as to whether this is even feasible.

Thanks for your input!

When you apply and get hired on for PT you can specify your availability. I believe PT has to have at least 2 days a week and those are the only days they are allowed to schedule you. Preferences depend on the role, but the days should always be the same. So yes, it's doable, a lot of my friends go to college and work at Disney. It's pretty much like any other job.

Thanks for your input!

Is she okay if she doesn't have one of these jobs? Be okay working in a non-entertainment job?

As a part time cast member you have to give them three days a week. But you can give up shifts and there's groups on Facebook. I am Part Time Seasonal and go to school in Texas. You commit to a few months and then your availability is pretty flexible after that. It was worked out really well for me! Quick Service wasn't the role I originally wanted, but it's pretty fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter