Opinions on using cash or credit card at Disney.

I don't think I well do Disney gift cards but I have to say I have not seen a Disney gift card in any of my local stores and I am only 45 minutes away from Disney

I use credit card to pay for most of my purchases in real life, so why not the same at Disney. On the other hand, I always carry some cash for places that don't take credit cards, or those that I just don't want to use one, such as fast food.

Credit card with best reward dollars is what I use for everything.
If I'm staying at a Disney resort then it gets tied to my MagicBand.

:scared1: I never thought about that. Maybe we should take two cards.

When we travel, my husband and I both carry the card that we're planning to use for our travel expenses. Then we each carry a second card (different from one another) that we don't use unless something happens with the primary card. Fortunately, we've been lucky so far.

Disclaimer I am worried about nothing but a huge but

If magic bands go down well they still take credit cards or is it tied to one system

I'm not sure if we should use cash, a credit card or both.
With credit card information being stolen with the skimmers now I'm half afraid to use it.
This past June our card information was stolen at our local zoo gift shop while we were checking out. It had around 500.00 charged on it before I found out. The card had been in my possession and never lost.
I do have a credit card linked to MDE already.
What is your opinion? What do you do for purchases and dining?

For budgeting reasons I like to use gift cards while we're in the parks, particularly because I am Canadian and prebuying giftcards in US currency means I don't need to worry about varying exchange rates once I have them. (I buy the e gift cards online since the regular ones don't ship to Canada). I figure out what we expect to spend on food and souvenirs etc and get gift cards in that amount (split between a few cards) plus a bit extra.

We use our MB and then go pay off the bill at the front desk with gift cards. I will usually carry DD's spending money to the park (GC and/or cash), but never much at one time. We have our gift cards linked to the website, so if one was stolen or lost we could log in and transfer the balance to another one.

Disclaimer I am worried about nothing but a huge but

If magic bands go down well they still take credit cards or is it tied to one system

I have seen reports of just the MB system being down, and I have also seen reports of the MB and CC systems being down. I really wouldn't worry. Yes, it is possible for all of WDWs charging systems to be down, but that is a very rare exception. Bring a little bit of cash with you (I always have $20) tucked away, and there are also Chase ATMs all over the place. I even once had a restaurant unable to charge my meal to either the band or card (it was a restaurant specific issue) and they took down my information and it showed up on my resort bill the next day.

Don't invite extra stress and worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter