Opinions on these weeks

Pop489

Earning My Ears
Hoping to make the trek out west to visit DLR next year and was wondering about opinions on three different weeks I've got in mind. We've been fortunate enough to visit WDW 4 times since 2011 and I've always wanted to visit the original park. I was figuring on Monday being a travel day and Tuesday-Thur. or Friday being park days with us leaving for home either Friday or Saturday. Just looking for opinions from people that have visited during these weeks before I make a decision.

5/18-22 or 23 2020 (The week before Memorial day weekend)
6/1-5 or 6 2020 (first full week of June)
6/22-26 or 27 2020 (last full week of June)

Thanks

Check the dates for Grad Nights, that can significantly impact your visit. I’m not sure of the dates, there are several, but I just know that Grad nights are in May and June. If I had to choose, I’d probably say the last week of June would be the best of those choices...

Fantasmic and Fireworks generally run only on weekend nights (Fri, Sat, Sun), then switch to every night after Memorial Day.
World of Color runs every night year round.

I agree with last full week of June with second choice being early June. But grad nights will be done and more extensive AP blockouts in place by late June. I would avoid the week before Memorial day. If they do any spring ticket promos they typically end right before Memorial Day so that week can be quite busy as people try to catch the end of the promo.

Grad Nite 2020 dates: 2020-disneyland-resort-grad-nite-dates-announced
Add my "no" vote for the week before Memorial Day Weekend because that has been the last week for the SoCal promotion tickets for the last three years or so -- very crowded as locals try to use up their tickets before the expiration date. And the weekend before MDW is very crowded, too, for the same reason. There has been no official word about a promotion for Spring 2020, but if there is one, the week the tickets expire is one to avoid.
Agree with the pp about the last week in June: AP blockouts in your favor, longer hours, full entertainment schedule, etc.

Thank you all for the info. I really appreciate it. I knew about AP blockouts in late June but forgot about Grad Nites in May and early June. I was completely unaware of the ticket promos. So it looks as if I will be shooting for late June. Anything during this week I should be on the lookout for (good or bad)? I have been working my way through the "DLR Info/Links. . ." sticky and I've gotta say, excellent job to all that put that together. I'm learning DLR is a bit of a different animal than WDW. Again, thanks for the help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter