Opinions on Sci Fi?

We loved it when we went in December. My teens still swear they had the best shakes ever. Got an 11:00 lunch reservation and were seated right away. Food was good and super fun atmosphere. We will go back for a lunch again.

We liked it. We had better food other places, but it was nice and cool. The darkness of the restaurant really helped too. It was like a little bit of a respite from the sensory overload.

We are a family of three, so I put off trying Sci Fi for years because of the 2 by 2 seating. Finally decided to give it a try a few years ago and we all love it. It has become one of our few "must do" reservations on our yearly trips. I sit in front by myself, with my husband and son behind me. I can easily sit a little sideways and still talk to them during the meal. We are all burger lovers so the food is perfect for us. My teen son also loves the milkshakes. I love the dark, relaxing atmosphere after a hectic day in the park.

We loved it when we went in December. My teens still swear they had the best shakes ever. Got an 11:00 lunch reservation and were seated right away. Food was good and super fun atmosphere. We will go back for a lunch again.
My teen and I say the same thing about the shakes! They're sooooo good and truly the best. Oreo is my fave. :cloud9:
I've always liked the food at SciFi. Never had a bad meal there....wings, spinach dip, onion rings, burgers/shakes, all quite tasty! The atmosphere/theme cant be beat though. its so unique and fun, and its one of the quietest places around. Sure its dark, but its suppose to be. Have you ever been to a well lit drive-in theater? Lol

You guys have me very excited that I was able to get an ADR. :D I did go and watch a YouTube video. Thanks to the person who suggested it!

We love it. That being said, you're paying for the atmosphere AND the food so the food is not super adventurous. I have simple taste so for me, it's great but for some "fancy eaters" it might be lacking

We go every trip and we've never had bad food or service there. The kids love it and the atmosphere is so fun!

We loved the atmosphere, it was so fun for the kids! The food for us was just awful though. None of us ate much at all. I'd go back again for the atmosphere and have just appetizers and shakes.

Thanks to this thread, just booked a lunch reservation for our trip in April. Over 10 trips to WDW and this will be our first time at Sci Fi bc we had heard bad things in the past. Honestly dining options at HS are pretty bad so looking forward to trying this place!

EE went for the first time a few years back and we're pleasantly surprised. We had burgers and onion rings and bother were very good. With the limited options at DHS, it was a nice surprise.

We had the choice between Sci Fi and Hollywood Brown Derby (both had available last minute openings). Looked at the menu and.prices for HBD and decided it wasn't for us. We're very happy with our choice.

we had a great lunch there last April! Burgers and a Reuben. We actually prefer to sit at the small round tables in the back! We do not like the car set up and enjoy sitting back there. If you see pics of the restaurant you can see them

It's been a while, but I wanted to report back on our experience. We were seated right on time at 5:30. We tried to check in early, but it was packed, so we went next door so my husband could grab a beer. They texted me when the table was ready. We were seated at a regular table in the back aka a "stretch limo" lol, so the seating arrangement was not an issue. We were really close to the family next to us, but it was fine. My daughter loved the clips they played throughout the meal. She thought they were hilarious.

I ordered the oreo milkshake with Godiva liqueur and it was amazing. The onion rings were so good and I also had the caprese sandwich which I really enjoyed. My husband got the reuben and he said it was very good. Kid got mac and cheese and she loved it, as usual.

Anyway, we really enjoyed ourselves there and will definitely be back. Just wanted to share my review! Thanks again for all the replies!

If you go, make sure you ask what the current specialty shake is! It's usually amazing !

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's always a must do for our family. The food is always good and the atmosphere is so much fun.

We were there last week and I also got the Oreo milkshake with Godiva...so good!! Wish I had one now!

It's been a while, but I wanted to report back on our experience. We were seated right on time at 5:30. We tried to check in early, but it was packed, so we went next door so my husband could grab a beer. They texted me when the table was ready. We were seated at a regular table in the back aka a "stretch limo" lol, so the seating arrangement was not an issue. We were really close to the family next to us, but it was fine. My daughter loved the clips they played throughout the meal. She thought they were hilarious.

I ordered the oreo milkshake with Godiva liqueur and it was amazing. The onion rings were so good and I also had the caprese sandwich which I really enjoyed. My husband got the reuben and he said it was very good. Kid got mac and cheese and she loved it, as usual.

Anyway, we really enjoyed ourselves there and will definitely be back. Just wanted to share my review! Thanks again for all the replies!
So happy to hear this! For us, SciFi is a must do restaurant.

I really liked it. Only negative is that usually a $19 burger is enough for a light eating adult and kid... not so much here. Portions seemed very trim.

we went in 2016 and we liked it. It's not the best food, but it's better than what you'd get at any of the QS places at HS and prices aren't bad. We had a party of 5 and we took up a whole car (I had my own seat, which I was fine with). We really liked the atmosphere and enjoyed the clips while eating. We'll probably be back on our next trip.

You've already gotten tons of feedback, but I will agree with others and say that WE LOVE SCI-FI! It's a must-do every trip. We skipped it on our last trip since we decided on an ADR at Brown Derby instead, and looking back on it, I missed Sci-Fi, lol.

On my first trip to WDW in 2011, my mom, step-dad and I found Sci-Fi by happenstance. We did walk-up for lunch and only had to wait about half hour to be seated. They put us at one of the saucer tables in the back, which I didn't really mind, since you can see the menu better at those tables, haha.

I love Sci-Fi so much that I ate there solo when I went in November 2012. We have an ADR for a large group (13 total) next month, so we'll see how that goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter