Opinions on "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!"

Jobie

Earned Me Ears
I am curious on everyone's opinions on this show. I saw it a couple weeks ago, and to be honest, I was not all that impressed. When it first starts, they have lyrics on two screens and it seems like they are going to just to Christmas song-sing-alongs with lasers, projections, and fireworks. I was all for that!

The the story happened. They try to tell a story about the elves trying to find Santa or whatever. It just wasn't any good in my opinion. And unless I missed something, at the end they finally found Santa and all you see of him is a crotch shot. Well, a shot of from the belt buckle down. It was just odd.

If it was just singing Christmas carols, with lasers, projections. and fireworks like I first thought, then I think I would have enjoyed it more. The story bit just felt needed and distracting from the important parts. You know: lasers, projections. and fireworks.

What are your opinions on this show? Am I missing some "magic" piece, or do you feel the same?

I haven't seen it live yet (I will in a few weeks), but I can say that this year's version is an improvement over last year's. I was very unimpressed with last year's when I watched it on Youtube. This year's seems more festive. It's the same story line, but it just seemed...I don't know..."more".

We're going to do the dessert party because my (almost) 75-year old mom loves Santa Goofy, and we're going to Disney specifically for Christmas stuff, so I figured we'd hit the big three nighttime things (MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, JBJB dessert party). We've never done any sort of dessert party before, so that'll be a treat.

That said, this is the thing I'm least excited about in terms of holiday festivities at WDW. I'm more excited about the lobby of the Grand Floridian than JBJB, LOL!

I liked it a lot last year and last year I did the dessert party that was beyond awesome. It was just hubs and I, no kids, and we got a lot of love from Santa Goofy.

This year I have watched the show twice and I was impressed with the improvements in the fireworks. The story I admit is a bit weak but I think it is cute. So for me it is excellent.

I was honestly not into it last year and felt kind of bad for taking my friends to watch it. However, I'm excited to see it next week with the improvements! I'll keep you posted if I truly do think it's better! :)

We really enjoyed it, as well as the dessert party. Frankly, both my husband and I thought it was better than Fantasmic.

We just saw it last week. We had never seen it before, so I don't have any prior experience to compare it to. We really liked it, but I do agree the story was pretty weak and just seemed tacked on. IMO, either really weave the story into the show much better or just do away with it and make it Christmas music and fireworks/lasers, etc... But that's just "if I had my way" stuff, we liked the show and plan to see it again when we're back for Christmas week.

We didn't do the dessert party, just the stand in the crowd and watch. I'm a cheapskate, I don't see the attraction to spending all that money to watch a show I can watch for free.

We saw it for the first time last Saturday night.

We watched in the middle with the rest of the crowd. I wasn't overly impressed. I agree, the story is incoherent at best. Fireworks are just ok. Lasers and snow are cool, but we see no need to ever see it again. If you are there, definitely watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Saw it two years in a row. This year (2017), we went right up in front of the theater where there were surprisingly only a few other people where we had a good view. In 2016, we were too far away to clearly all the projections, so I can't really tell if anything changed. It seemed mostly the same.

I agree that the utterly stupid plot line with elves saving santa nearly ruins the show. The rest of the show that is Christmas music with projections of old movies, festive animations, lasers, and fireworks is great. I wish they would have left it at that.

Overall, the experience is good. After the show, take a stroll toward the Tower of Terror which is transformed for Christmas with its own projection show. The decorations, music, and fake snow make for a very festive environment. I would definitely go again.

We really enjoyed it, as well as the dessert party. Frankly, both my husband and I thought it was better than Fantasmic.

Well, its not hard to top Fantasmic IMO.

We watched in the middle with the rest of the crowd. I wasn't overly impressed. I agree, the story is incoherent at best. Fireworks are just ok. Lasers and snow are cool, but we see no need to ever see it again. If you are there, definitely watch it, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Pretty much how I feel. If you see it, watch it, but not really go out of your way. It's not like there is a whole to do at HS right now anyways :-D

Overall, the experience is good. After the show, take a stroll toward the Tower of Terror which is transformed for Christmas with its own projection show. The decorations, music, and fake snow make for a very festive environment. I would definitely go again.

I really liked what they did in Sunset Blvd. It was really pretty, and I liked how it keep rotating so if you miss it or not in a good view you have another change to see it again.

It really seems like they are trying to make HS the place to be for Christmas, with distinct areas set up. I guess it is something to keep people there at night. HS was the biggest disappointment of the trip. It has always been the "weaker" park IMO, but as a kid I loved the idea thinking I was really getting a behind the scenes look on how movies and tv shows are made. Right now it is really in an awkward stage of its metamorphosis into a new park. Kind of like your early, awkward teenage years. Everything seems like a "preview" of the greatness to come. I just hope they can pull it off and knock it out of the park.

I was hoping JBJ would make it feel like it was worth staying longer at HS, and it came up short for us. However, the Christmas decorations in the other parts of the park were nice and good picture taking opportunities.

Last edited:
I am a huge Prep & Landing fan (I think the concept is very very funny) and I think that is why I enjoyed the show as much as I did. We saw it twice (like I said - big P&L fan) but we stayed towards the front of the park so that we could bolt out of there as soon as it was over. I wouldn't plan an entire night around it - but I certainly wouldn't be a grinch about it either IMO!

We saw it last year and enjoyed it. Going in January and wondering if they have any kind of show like that during the year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter