Opinions on Birthday Celebration

4Gus-Gus&Figaro

<font color="blue">Travel Addict and </font><font
Greetings all! :wave2:

We are counting the days until we hit the World for my husband's 40th! :hourglass

I was planning on calling Le Cellier to order a cake for the celebration, but then I started thinking... (Dangerous, I know.) :scratchin Do you fine folk think it better to have the cake at the restaurant, or have it waiting in our room for us when we get back from Epcot? I know that we'll be stupid full from dinner. We are staying for Illuminations that evening. Also, we fly out the next day, though not until late afternoon. Any thoughts?

Also, we have PS for breakfast at CP the day before his birthday. My husband darn-near worships Eeyore. :worship: Would it be okay to tell them it's his birthday that day, in order to be fawned over slightly? Wasn't sure if it would be "tacky" to ask for recognition on two separate days...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and/or suggestions. We were originally booked on the August Repo cruise. However, because the cost was starting to rival the National Debt, we switched to celebrating at BCV. I'm feeling pretty guilty for putting a stop to that incredibly special celebration/trip, so I'd like to try to surprise him with a few little things, anyway. :bday:

Karen

Getting ready to leave for the airport in about 40 minutes to celebrate my 50th birthday down in WDW let me say, there can never be too much fawning.

I ordered a cake at the restaurant where I'm having my birthday party (Jiko's). I think that the restaurant is better. Since you are staying for Illuminations, it really might be too late when you get back to your room.

Besides, let him bask in public adoration. The next time he turns 40 will be 140.

We went on the 3 night Disney cruise for DH's 60th birthday last year, and we then stayed at VWL for 1 night. I arranged to have a gift basket waiting for him when we arrived at VWL through:

Jane Cartelli
Gifts of a Lifetime
PO Box 1016
Windermere, FL 34786
(407) 445-2457

He was surprised, pleased, and the MM antena topper that was in the basket still makes him smile.

Bobbi :sunny:

Hi,

In Nov. 2004, we celebrated my kids birthdays at Le Cellier. They were so nice about it. They even gave them each a birthday card. Either way you order the cake would be special for your husband but he may get a kick out of the wait staff bringing it to him. Go ahead and tell the Crystal Palace that it is your husband's birthday, the trip is his birthday trip. Happy Early Birthday to your hubby!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter