• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinions on Adagio Aparthotel

Juniorjedi

Earning My Ears
I'm just about to book four nights (24th-28th) for Christmas this year. I've read the reviews on trip advisor but was hoping to get some more opinions. There's six of us going (two adults, four kids) and this type of accommodation seems ideal and the price is very reasonable at less than £400 for the four nights.

Is there anything I should know or any tips?

We go for the third time in june and love the adagio.

Do not take the breakfast at the adagio it is expensive and poorly, but get it from adagio the night before so you have a fresh breakfast in the morning.

Take towels you don't get new towels during your stay.

I'm staying there (for the first time) when we go in 2 weeks and there are six of us as well. I've booked the larger size apt suitable for 6-7 as there are 3 adults, 3 children. I stayed in the residhome last year and would have gone back again but the Adagio was loads cheaper and with the shuttle bus and pool, seemed a bargain at only £380 for 5 nights.

We've stayed there many times and have always been happy with it. The decor is a little tired and the beds are not the most comfortable in the world but the size of the accommodation is great and having a self-catering option works for us. We love the location as well, so close to the Val d'Europe shopping centre where you can eat more cheaply than Disneyland and buy your breakfast cheaply from the Auchan supermarket (although not on Christmas Day).

I'm pleased to hear that everyone has had good experiences there. It sounds just right for us. Does anyone have any idea if things (supermarket etc) will be open over the Xmas period? I imagine they'd be shut on Xmas day but not sure about Xmas eve/boxing day etc.

Last year they shut early on Christmas Eve and the shopping centre was madly busy on the two days before Christmas, so much so that we couldn't park. However, they did open on the Sunday before Christmas, whereas they don't normally open on a Sunday. They were back to being open as normal on Boxing Day.

I stayed there and liked being close to the shopping center and the metro into the park, or bus.

Unfortunately, my iphone was stolen out of the room. I am most certain exactly where I put it before leaving for the park. I asked several times but they never said or did anything to help.

Bear in mind that the courtesy bus runs quite often at opening and closing times but goes less frequently during the day (I went in January so I don't know if the schedule's different during Christmas - but someone here's bound to know). It's easy to get a cab from the station if you're stuck and only a few Euros.

It's 5 minutes from the shopping centre's food court so don't bother eating in the apartment restaurant. The food court's got everything you could possibly need, including a MaccaDs if you're looking for a familiar name. :)

The rooms are basic but have everything you need and there's an in room safe if you want to leave documents behind.

I found the staff to be polite but not particularly warm. That didn't bother me because I wasn't spending a lot of time there.

Ultimately, I'd stay there again based on my last stay but I wouldn't want to pay a fortune for it.

1F

Thanks for all the replies. I've booked it now although haven't needed to pay any money yet and have until a couple of days before I arrive to cancel. From everyone's experiences it sounds like it will be perfectly adequate for us, especially as we won't be spending much time there.

It seems like there are 2 Adagio's near DLP; can you tell me which one everyone's talking about? I'd hate to book the wrong one!

bump.

I've been looking at both on Expedia (Magny Le Hongre and Val'd Europe). I'd also be keen to understand which Adagio Aparthotel is being recommended in this thread.

Thank you

Iain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter