Opinions of Desert inn and suites?

csgsu

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone has any opinions? This will be our first trip to Disneyland and we will have me my wife our 1 year old son and my parents

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions? This will be our first trip to Disneyland and we will have me my wife our 1 year old son and my parents

We've stayed there twice and had a third reservation for next month but changed when I got an amazing rate at GCH. We will likely stay there again on our next trip.

Beds are on the harder end of the hard/soft scale, wifi is amazing, even at the read of the motel, the breakfast is pretty terrible, if you do not have a car just ask for the parking charge to be taken off your bill when you check in and the further in advance you can book, the better the rate is.

We stayed there a few weeks back and it was great. We had a 2 room suite with 2 queens in each room. Breakfast isn't great, but it's enough to get you going. Fruit, hard boiled eggs, pastry, toast, and cereals. It was clean, decently comfortable, VERY reasonably priced, and a really quick walk from the parks. The further out you book the better rate you'll get. And they will remove the parking charge, just ask.

We have stayed there the past four trips. Over these trips we've stayed in C-1, C-2 and a deluxe rooms.

The one with three rooms was great when I had all my grandkids and a daughter-in-law. Plenty of space for everyone to spread out. Two full bathrooms made it nice too.

We have always enjoyed the stay. Rooms clean and beds were perfect for us. Can't speak to wi-fi, I still use a flip phone.

We have parked the rental car without an issue. We have also used the lockers they have for early check-in and late departure. One locker held two carry-on cases. Have plenty of quarters.

Geemo

we loved it when we stayed there, we had a parlor suite perfect for when the kids went to bed and hubs and i wanted to stay up. we were on the 5th floor so the view of CA was amazing. the breakfast was lacking that was the only downside, we were hungry an hour after breakfast because its all carbs and all the walking burns those off quickly. next time we will be stocking up on breakfast stuff and eating in the room

We've stayed there several times. The rooms are nice enough, and have a fridge and microwave. The parking is pretty tight, but if you get there early in the day, park your car, and don't move it during your stay, it's fine. They have one of the least expensive suites with two bathrooms in walking distance to DL, so that's a plus. Their pool is indoors. The room is small, stuffy, and has a strong chlorine smell. If you're going in the summer and want a nice pool, this is not the place. It would be fine if you really want to swim in cold weather. Our family has pretty much given up on hotel breakfasts. We prefer to bring our own supplies and eat in the room while everyone is getting ready, so I can't comment on the breakfast.

In the last six (seven?) years, I've stayed at The Anabella, Tropicana, BWPPI and Desert Inn.

They've all been clean and comfortable, and would stay at any of them again.

That said, the Desert Inn and Suites is the "least nice" of the ones we've stayed at. It was clean, the room layout was great for us (C-2 suite), we slept comfortably and the water pressure was amazing. It's close, too, which is a major plus.

As long as you know that it's a pretty basic motel and you reserve a room early, it's a great value.

We've stayed at DI&S on our last three trips. You simply can't beat the location: out the door of your hotel room and in line at security/bag check in less than 5 minutes!

It's our preferred go-to now. Clean rooms, breakfast to grab on the way, and great rates. ::yes::

We stayed there a few years ago and hated it. Parking was terrible, staff was non-existent and the rooms were old and dirty. Not sure what the room was called but it had two beds in one room and two beds in the other room. It seemed like two hotel rooms in one I guess. Before we checked in, we thought it would be great! We were wrong and glad that we were only there for a few days before moving to PPH.

Stayed there this past summer and loved it!!! We will be staying again!!! Beds were great, rooms were clean, location was amazing, and I filled up enough on the breakfast everyday to get me to lunch!!! We absolutely loved it for the price. We were on a budget and got a great deal and then we had extra money for Ariels Grotto, etc! Would not hesitate to stay again!!!

We like it. It is our go to when we can't get a discounted rate at HOJO. We have done the breakfast all of once. We have never used the pool. We've also never had a problem with parking (knock on wood). Must have something to do with when we arrive. The rooms are decent sized, clean and quiet. Honestly, we are so tired by the time we get back to the room that I have no idea how comfortable the beds are. lol My daughter says they are more comfortable than Anaheim Plaza and that they have better water pressure/temp too. We LOVE their distance from the park.

It is okay. I would still prefer the BWP Park Place Inn or BWP Anaheim Inn. Also like the Fairfield Inn better.

location is nice. We stayed there in august and my brothers room had cockroaches. When they went to inform the manager he acted like he already knew that and offered nothing to them. Pretty gross!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter