Opinions Needed (Braces/Retainer Related)

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
My daughter had her braces removed January 2020. She had a permanent retainer put in...basically a single wire to the top and bottom length of teeth. She also has a removable retainer for night. She went to the dentist today who told her the permanent retainer is loose. Does anyone have any experience with this or know someone who has? To be honest, I thought that once the braces were removed, that would be the end of it (except for the removable retainer). I was not aware that she was in need or going to have a permanent retainer until she came out of the office.

I’m 38 and have had a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth since I had my braces removed when I was 17. Those permanent retainers are pretty common (or at least they were 20 years ago). I haven’t had any problems with mine, but I’m a little surprised her dentist can’t glue it back in place. I’d call her orthodontist (or any orthodontist if you’ve moved or hers is retired now or whatever). I would think it would be a pretty easy fix.

My wife had a permanent retainer on the bottom that came out and her teeth moved. She didn't like how they looked and was convinced to get invisalign, worst decision ever! If you ever have the option for braces or invisalign go braces, invisalign sucks. I'd get to the orthodontist ASAP to get that retainer fixed, don't want the teeth to move and have to resort to braces (or invisalign) again.

My daughter had her braces removed in January 2020. She had a permanent retainer put in...basically a single wire to the top and bottom length of teeth. She also has a removable retainer for the night. She went to the dentist today, who told her the permanent retainer is loose. Does anyone have any experience with this or know someone who has? I thought that once the braces were removed, that would be the end of it (except for the removable retainer). I was not aware that she was in need or would have a permanent retainer until she came out of the office.
My son has a permanent retainer behind his bottom teeth. He has never had any issues and has had it for about 10 yrs now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter