Opinions - Fantasmic Dining Package or Dessert Party

I459WDW

Mouseketeer
I know I am among the few that love Fantasmic. (I know DL is better, but it was down when we went - and I'm actually glad it didn't ruin DHS for me, or I wouldn't like it anymore I hear!) I want to have a decent seat for Fantasmic - so anyone do both of these and have an opinion for me? THANK YOU!

I know I am among the few that love Fantasmic. (I know DL is better, but it was down when we went - and I'm actually glad it didn't ruin DHS for me, or I wouldn't like it anymore I hear!) I want to have a decent seat for Fantasmic - so anyone do both of these and have an opinion for me? THANK YOU!
If you want to be closer to the water
and a straight-on View, choose the Dining Package and arrive about 45 minutes prior to Fant.

If you want the higher view that’s up near the control booth section of the amphitheater, that’s the Dessert Party.

I'd vote for the dessert party. Great location.

In saying that, we do both, but if I had to chose one it would be the dessert party. I think Fantasmic is great from wherever you see it. But you need a great spot for HEA

I'd vote for the dessert party. Great location.

In saying that, we do both, but if I had to chose one it would be the dessert party. I think Fantasmic is great from wherever you see it. But you need a great spot for HEA

Oh so good to know on HEA - so have you booked that too? Tomorrowland Terrace or Plaza Garden? Seems like Plaza Garden would be better viewing?

We've done both although it was still Wishes when we did the Tomorrowland Terrace so we did really enjoy it. We are going back in December and will book Plaza Garden again. We stood at the back of the garden and had a great view.

Just so you know what you're getting, many people who buy the package are under the impression that the "Fantasmic! Dessert & VIP Viewing Experience" is a party. Unlike the dessert parties at MK, Epcot and DHS, there isn't a separate party area with tables and F&B stations. At about half the price of those dessert parties, for $39/$19, Guests get a snack box with the following:
One bottle of water
One specialty beverage (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
Reserved seating area for Fantasmic!
Custom credential with light-up medallion
Light-up novelty cup

They are then directed to the reserved seating area.

Last edited:

Are these all PIF in advance?

And are they cancel-able if our plans change? Or are they like party tickets that are no refunds?

Are these all PIF in advance?

And are they cancel-able if our plans change? Or are they like party tickets that are no refunds?
Dessert Parties are paid in full in advance. They can be canceled in advance...at least 48 hours, I believe.

Dining Package is paid at the time of the meal - many use Dining Plan credits.

Thanks so much. We would paying for everything outright. We don't do the dining plan. And we'd definitely decide more than 48 hours out if were going to cancel. This helps so much! Thank you!!!

We just did the dessert party for Star Wars and IT WAS AWESOME! M&G with Chewy, lots of delightful sweets and savories, and perfect location.
I would highly recommend it!

We did Fantasmic Dining at Mama Melrose's. Didn't expect it to be over $100 for two people, but hey. On that day we went to another park 5 hours in advance and saved plenty of time to take the buses back. Got in line for the bus two hours before Fantasmic started. Ended up being 1 minute late, but the show hadn't started yet. They were still funneling people in and we got perfect seats. Second row, middle of the stadium. Couldn't have asked for better....other than the buses.

Oh so good to know on HEA - so have you booked that too? Tomorrowland Terrace or Plaza Garden? Seems like Plaza Garden would be better viewing?
We also did Plaza Garden viewing for our MK HEA dessert party. Another great location, much better than Tomorrowland Terrace, but the desserts ran out early early, and the poor CMs were deluged with annoyed guests.
It was definitely much more crowded than our last dessert party there, and they also ran out of tables for people to sit during the dessert portion. I overheard one CM saying that this was the first time that had happened.
I would do it again though... Two days later we braved the crowds for a second viewing. Even though the crowd was very mannerly and waited patiently, at the end we were made to stand (everyone had been seated up to that point) and made to stand up and squish together. It made it very unpleasant.
At Plaza Garden, we we're allowed to stay seated AND there was a Photo pass Photographer available for some great fireworks shots during the show.

If you want to be closer to the water
and a straight-on View, choose the Dining Package and arrive about 45 minutes prior to Fant.

If you want the higher view that’s up near the control booth section of the amphitheater, that’s the Dessert Party.
We did F! last Saturday night. We had the dining package and sat on about row 4, from the water. Folks from the Dessert Party were all around us. They were not up near the control booth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter