• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinion Time! If you had to drop one of these character breakfasts, which one would you choose?

Which CM would you drop? (Keep in mind: it would be our 1st time at any of these)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
As I'm going over plans for the billionth time, the thought keeps coming up that perhaps I should drop a CB to have that money be free for other things (not necessary, but just worried we'll miss out on something else because of it). We also have Akershus and Bon Voyage breakfasts, but those are non-negotiable. I thought Crystal Palace would be the one to drop, but recently I've found that my daughter really wants to see the Pooh characters (though I'm holding out that they'll be available for MNSSHP).

I'd love to know from those that have experienced it, which one of these would you drop and most importantly-- why?

It looks like your staying at Beach Club so Cape May would be easy enough, but its nothing to write home about IMO. So Cape May is my vote to drop.

Crystal Palace has some unique dishes at breakfast that we love. We can take or leave the characters. We still try for a pre-park opening ADR to get a head start on the day.

Tusker House is always a must-do for us because we find the theme so well done and immersive. Really feels like you're in a market somewhere.

Garden Grill is the most unique of all of them, with the rotating restaurant and the meal being served family style instead of a buffet. Great food too.

Cape May

Almost of all the characters you would get there are repeated in one of your other meals.
I wouldn't drop Crystal Palace because those (Winnie the Pooh and friends)are all unique to that restaurant.

I voted for Cape May. I didn't really like the breakfast, it had very little selection and there were only three characters, I feel like the other places have many more.

I voted Garden Grill, but I think it depends on your children. We just did Cape May, Tuskar House, and Garden Grill on our trip two weeks ago. DD 10 liked Cape May better because she wanted to see Minnie, which Tuskar House did not have. DS 7 liked Garden Grill more because he likes Chip and Dale. I enjoyed Cape May because we were at the Yacht Club and it was a nice, short few minute stroll there from our room. Tuskar House is a must do for all of us each trip as we love the food. We only skipped Crystal Palace this time so we could try Trattoria, which we loved.

I'd look at the characters and then drop one... but probably Cape May. You really are paying for the character interaction; think of the time you WON'T be standing in line, in a theme park, maybe during a party, because you already met that character at breakfast!

My two favorites are Tusker and Cape May. Frankly, if you can swing it, I wouldn't drop any of them. But if I did, it would be Crystal Palace

I voted Tusker House. Just didn't wow us and seemed too much like QS food when we were there.

Although, if your not staying at BC/YC, BWI or Swan/Dolphin I wouldn't go out of my way to go to that one.

I haven't done Tusker House for breakfast and haven't been to Cape May period....so I hesitate to tell you which to drop....but I will offer that we really enjoyed breakfast at Crystal Palace in April. We have varying tastes and everyone ate their fill....my husband even volunteered that he liked the food! The setting is very pretty and the characters were fun. We also enjoyed the characters at a PPO GG breakfast and TH dinner- lots of interaction!

I'd look at the characters and then drop one... but probably Cape May. You really are paying for the character interaction; think of the time you WON'T be standing in line, in a theme park, maybe during a party, because you already met that character at breakfast!

my boys (the two that made most recent trip were 11 and 15) enjoy interacting with characters at restaurants but won't bother with meet n greet lines. Truth be told, I really enjoy character meals :-).

PErsonally, I was not fussy about TH, and found it just too chaotic. I liked the food a lot though, and it is ratehr unique in theme. If I dropped any onthe breakfasts, it would be Cape May.

I love the character meals in the parks, and find that they are an awesoe way to begin a day in a Disney park. CP is fun, and given that your DD loves those characters I would not leave meeting them to chance.

GG is a nice meal as well, and of all the meals you have chosen, it is a favorite. Chip and Dale are so darn fun! We only have two Character meals booked this trip, (All adults) and I am really looking forward to them.

Keep Crystal Palace, We love the character interaction there, and breakfast is pretty solid and well as service.

Tusker House, Good Character interaction, and the food is really good, and some different options

So both of these I would keep.

Cape May is a traditional buffet, and that about it.. just a buffet, and we found that the character interaction was just okay.... instead I would go for Chef Mickey's and possible mix it up and go for dinner.

Garden Grill is another spot that I would go for lunch or dinner, while we love chip and dale, the poor quality of service and basic scrambled eggs and bacon breakfast, DH said it was like a Bounty Platter at the resort QS... Nothing special to cover the price... But if Chip and Dale are on your must see then this is the place to go.

I voted for dropping Cape May. But to be honest, I'd drop all but one. IMHO, character breakfasts are overpriced and take up valuable park time.

I have to totally agree, but we've never been really "into" character meals.

Over the years, we've happened upon Cape May as well as Tusker House (I think that was lunch or dinner though, I forget, but it seems there were characters, forget which ones, see what I mean?) Oh, and Hollywood & Vine, many years ago, but my youngest was 2 and shy of the characters, so we didn't really interact.

I'd say for a trip, one is enough. You are taking time to sit through breakfast, which is pretty much the same food everywhere (eggs, potatoes, fruit, meats, maybe smoked salmon at Cape May, but you get the idea, it's nothing special). You see some characters, which is why it's expensive.

If I were a breakfast eater, I'd prefer to do a restaurant where I'm properly served instead of so many buffets (and can order something else like eggs benedict that hasn't been sitting on a warmer so the egg is overcooked). That being said, I don't often eat prior to lunch.

I'd look at what parks you'll be at during what days, things like if you got a challenging to get AP+ like FOP or Slinky Dog, then plan around that park.

I certainly wouldn't do nearly as many as you are planning, though. I would feel like all I did on vacation was buffet breakfasts. I'd narrow it down to one, two tops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter