Opinion On Which Resort!

Another WL vote. Poly does seem crowded. Pool at WL is fun, the whole place is laid back and you will take the boat to MK. Few different food options there. Agree that YC doesn’t make sense for you ( but love it there !)
How about on your down day you take the alternate boat line over to the Contemporary for a Chef Mickey breakfast? There’s also a really awesome dinner at WL called Storybook dining with Snow White but that could be where your toddler is just not quite ready for it, as there is the Evil Queen. Plus the food is a little different.

Another vote for Poly. A Disney vacation with a toddler that doesn’t involve folding a stroller is a game changer.

I'd check to see if the Poly still has a lot of construction going on during your trip. That can definitely impact a child's nap. Plus, it's ugly.
If I was in this predicament, I'd go with the Wilderness Lodge.
"Polynesian Village Resort – Walt Disney World is building a new DVC tower at Polynesian Village Resort between the existing Polynesian longhouses and Wedding Pavilion, near the Grand Floridian.

In light of this, Walt Disney World’s official site has this message: “As we prepare for the proposed expansion at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you will see and hear construction at certain times of day. To minimize disruptions during your stay, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9 a.m.”

If you’re staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort anytime in the next 2 years, we’d recommend requesting a room that is not in the Aotearoa, Fiji, or Tuvalu longhouses. Those buildings are adjacent to the construction site, and the only ones that should be impacted in any material way. The DVC tower construction is visible from other locations in the resort, but the impact is otherwise minor.

Actually, we recommend avoiding the Polynesian completely for the next couple of years. As explained in Worst Hotels at Walt Disney World for 2023, the construction impact will be ongoing and it’s likely that smaller projects will be undertaken in addition to what’s already been announced to prepare the resort infrastructure for the tower and its added DVC guests."

I'd check to see if the Poly still has a lot of construction going on during your trip. That can definitely impact a child's nap. Plus, it's ugly.
If I was in this predicament, I'd go with the Wilderness Lodge.
"Polynesian Village Resort – Walt Disney World is building a new DVC tower at Polynesian Village Resort between the existing Polynesian longhouses and Wedding Pavilion, near the Grand Floridian.

In light of this, Walt Disney World’s official site has this message: “As we prepare for the proposed expansion at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, you will see and hear construction at certain times of day. To minimize disruptions during your stay, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9 a.m.”

If you’re staying at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort anytime in the next 2 years, we’d recommend requesting a room that is not in the Aotearoa, Fiji, or Tuvalu longhouses. Those buildings are adjacent to the construction site, and the only ones that should be impacted in any material way. The DVC tower construction is visible from other locations in the resort, but the impact is otherwise minor.

Actually, we recommend avoiding the Polynesian completely for the next couple of years. As explained in Worst Hotels at Walt Disney World for 2023, the construction impact will be ongoing and it’s likely that smaller projects will be undertaken in addition to what’s already been announced to prepare the resort infrastructure for the tower and its added DVC guests."
Is it just me or has the Poly been under construction forever? I get the new DVC part but it feels like it’s always undergoing something. Sheesh

In your situation, I would switch to WL and let the Poly settle down for the next year, or two.

I would nix the Yacht Club from the list - it’s a great resort with a great pool, but it doesn’t make sense if you’re not planning any time at Epcot or HS. I’d stick with the MK resort area.

We’re staying at the Poly with our two young kids (5 and 19 months) in May as I love the theming, the pool and splash pad area, and can’t wait to wheel our stroller straight onto the monorail (the BEST perk). In addition, I’m looking forward to variety at the quick service locations (especially the pulled pork nachos and tasty drinks) to enjoy during our resort downtime, plus the rooms are some of the biggest on property. We’re renting points and are therefore farther from the construction noise, but I felt the Poly was the best monorail resort for us regardless of the construction.

That said, our backup choice was the Wilderness Lodge. The hotel is beautiful, also has great dining choices, and their zero-entry pool is awesome. The major downside is needing to fold the stroller for the boat ride, but the boat ride itself is very pleasant.

If you did choose the Poly remember that you use both the express monorail and resort monorail. There is a path at connects to the ticket and transportation plaza so it is really easy to get off there and get to your room if you happen to be on that side of the resort.

Another WL vote. Poly does seem crowded. Pool at WL is fun, the whole place is laid back and you will take the boat to MK. Few different food options there. Agree that YC doesn’t make sense for you ( but love it there !)
How about on your down day you take the alternate boat line over to the Contemporary for a Chef Mickey breakfast? There’s also a really awesome dinner at WL called Storybook dining with Snow White but that could be where your toddler is just not quite ready for it, as there is the Evil Queen. Plus the food is a little different.
Just FYI, the boat between FW/CR/WL currently doesn’t start until 3pm.

WL is really nice and I don’t think you’d be disappointed. But agree with most here that I’d stay at the Poly. Great location and theming and I personally have not experienced the over crowdedness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter