• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Opinion on Test Track changes.

BenjiFleck

Earning My Ears
Are the new changes better or worse. So far I've only heard worse an wan to know what other people think.

I really liked the old one a lot better than the new one as the new one is pretty much the same just more neon and technologic.

When i went on the new one I did expect it to be a lot better but it was a bit disappointing however there is nothing wrong with a bit of change I just prefer the old one.

I think that Test Track 2.0 is a huge improvement.

Even though we all loved the original Test Track, there was nothing "futuristic" about the Future World icon. The new Test Track creates a much more futuristic environment. The queue is interesting, and applies to how cars are made today and how we are trying new ideas for the future.
In terms of designing your own car? I love it. I think that it adds a whole new dimension to the experience. The one complaint that I have is that during the ride, the screens are supposed to show you how you compare to other drivers in your car, but oftentimes the screen is not working and so you don't get that added experience, which I think is so much fun.
The ride itself didn't necessarily change that much. The track is exactly the same. The environment is, again, much more futuristic. While there are some moments that I think could be improved, I think that overall the new design is wonderful. I find that guests are often in awe of some of the experiences they go through.

Overall, I think that Test Track 2.0 was a needed change. And while there are a few moments that I think could use improvement, I think that it engages the guests in an interesting and exciting new way.

I was pleasantly surprised with the new Test Track. It is a lot cooler than YouTube makes it look. I miss Bill and Cherry, but I think the changes was for the good. I really like the designing the car. You get points on how well you do in four categories. A good rule to to try to make them balanced. I beat my dads score by a lot of points. Just a warning, Fastpass and Single Rider you do not get to design a car. I feel although just doing the design once in the trip is fine.:car:

I like the new test track better. We went on a couple weeks ago. The first time we went through the stand by line and the second we used fast pass. We were told that we could design our own car in the fast pass line if we'd like. We decided to skip it and just go on the ride. I don't know if you're given the choice every time in the fast pass line but we were given the choice.

I like the new test track. It is fun to design a car and see how it ranks when going through the testing process. I'm glad to see that the preshow is gone. It was very boring.

I don't really like the new test track... All the technology isn't as exciting to me as all the physical tests of the old attraction. Plus, the adrenaline rush of knowing the woman had put in the crash at the end of the ride and the wall opening at the last second is now gone, which is disappointing to me.

In my opinion, the futuristic thing was a bit overdone, I loved the design of the old test track :(

I absolutely HATE the new Test Track! It looks like Tron. One of my favorite parts of it was how it looked like outside. You get a card to design a car and it doesn't even work. You can't tell which is yours on the stats, and its a waste of time. I wish that they never would've changed it. :(

The new Test Track is cool. They really did a lot and put a lot of work into it to make it very futuristic and interactive. I still like the original better. The whole GM test facility idea was so fun. I felt like the ride was longer and better too. The new one is cool, but I'll never forget Bill Mckim up in the control room:thumbsup2

Personally, I'm glad they updated Test Track by giving it a more digital look!

:wave2:
WOW, it's been a super long time since I've visited the DIS! I'm almost aged out of the TB, anyway! Not to be the person that bumps old threads, but I have some questions!

So my band is doing a trip to Disney next week and my friend and I are planning the most wise way to spend our time (hah, old DIS girl at heart I suppose) and we were pondering about rides we should "cut" for their long wait times.

Do you guys think we should check out the new Test Track?

- Mouse :)

:wave2:
WOW, it's been a super long time since I've visited the DIS! I'm almost aged out of the TB, anyway! Not to be the person that bumps old threads, but I have some questions!

So my band is doing a trip to Disney next week and my friend and I are planning the most wise way to spend our time (hah, old DIS girl at heart I suppose) and we were pondering about rides we should "cut" for their long wait times.

Do you guys think we should check out the new Test Track?

- Mouse :)

Im also from the old school Dis boards lol, I joined back in 2006!! I've aged out of the teen board technically :( but I'd recommend doing test track at least once. I was there in January and got to EPCOT when it opened and walked right on the ride because I didnt want to wait. Also, TT also has a single rider line if you wanted to do that. In that line you don't really get the full affect of the theming and new interactive technology though

I hate the renovation. The Imagineers have clearly lost sight of what Epcot is supposed to be. While Future World is supposed to be futuristic, Future World is supposed to be the realistic future. Leave the Tron looking, sci-fi future to Tomorrowland. Epcot is also supposed to be educational and the renovation has stripped the ride of its educational value. The only good thing I can say about the renovation is that I'm glad they didn't tie it in with the Cars franchise.

Personally, it seems cool but I was expecting a little more. It's just the same track with a futuristic theme. The people saying that you can't customize your own car in fastpass and single rider, I'm assuming it's so the line moves faster (hence the term FASTpass). I like the stuff that you can do at the end like the pictures, the commercial, etc. Long story short, I like the new test track better than the old one and the theme makes sense now with Future World (futuristic, Tron theme). :car:

I like the new Test Track. When I rode it, it reminded me a little it of Tron, not the car building and testing part, but the lights, futuristic look, and general decoration of it. It seems to speak a little more Disney and a little more Future World to me because of that.

I like the old Test Track just as much though. It's classic and I liked the actual tests, like the bumps and the wall and stuff.

I was on it about a week after it re opened, and it seemed like they were having problems already. They made it very interactive in designing your own car but a couple times I was on it the computers were freezing up or it wouldn't read my car. Hopefully they can work out these bugs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter