Opinion ~ Is a two night trip to Disneyland even worth it?

Thank you all SO much for all your input, I really appreciate it.

So I found out June won't work and November is questionable, so it's either April or nothing. I will take 2 nights in April over nothing!

I also remembered that when DD and I went for only 1 night to attend Star Wars nite it was one of our best trips ever. So if 1 night is fun then of course 2 nights will be.

One thing about going to Disneyland as much as I have been lucky enough to, is that even if I miss something it's ok because I've done it before and I know I'll be back again someday.

My hope/plan for this trip is, as @crystal1313 said, a "Stop and smell the roses" visit. It will be our last trip before DS is off to college. Ack.

I changed my flight so instead of leaving from ONT at 6, we'll leave from SNA at 9pm, which gets me a few more hours in the park.

I might try to finagle staying 1 more night if I can, but it might not be possible. For now I'm feeling excited just to get back to my favorite place. Thanks again, everyone!

Thank you all SO much for all your input, I really appreciate it.

So I found out June won't work and November is questionable, so it's either April or nothing. I will take 2 nights in April over nothing!

I also remembered that when DD and I went for only 1 night to attend Star Wars nite it was one of our best trips ever. So if 1 night is fun then of course 2 nights will be.

One thing about going to Disneyland as much as I have been lucky enough to, is that even if I miss something it's ok because I've done it before and I know I'll be back again someday.

My hope/plan for this trip is, as @crystal1313 said, a "Stop and smell the roses" visit. It will be our last trip before DS is off to college. Ack.

I changed my flight so instead of leaving from ONT at 6, we'll leave from SNA at 9pm, which gets me a few more hours in the park.

I might try to finagle staying 1 more night if I can, but it might not be possible. For now I'm feeling excited just to get back to my favorite place. Thanks again, everyone!
Have such a wonderful trip!!!

I do have a MK and make about 5 trips a year but those trips are all 2 night trips. I generally fly in first thing Saturday morning and leave about 8pm on Monday night. For me it's perfect. If I only went once a year, I probably want more than 2 nights, but for multiple trips a year this is fine.

You aren't a first time visitor and this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, so visit with a different mindset. Food & Wine will run until April 22. Season of the Force is April 5-June 2. Maybe focus on food & entertainment rather than rides. If they are still offering Photo Pass Excursions, that could be fun. Look for the unique things that you haven't had time to do in other trips.

@Pluto468 I say go for it!. We plan our trips much like you in that we go for as many days as possible so we can sorta chill and take it all in. As LKing said, just visit with a different mindset,

So....did you and DH nail down the definition of what "the last trip for several years" really means?? If you haven't I can see another trip sooner than you think. :smickey: 😉

@Pluto468 I say go for it!. We plan our trips much like you in that we go for as many days as possible so we can sorta chill and take it all in. As LKing said, just visit with a different mindset,

So....did you and DH nail down the definition of what "the last trip for several years" really means?? If you haven't I can see another trip sooner than you think. :smickey: 😉
Well he's pretty skeptical that I can go TOO long without Disneyland, so maybe Christmas 2025 :)

Also, I just found out my sister and and niece want to go with me sometime, so I hopefully won't be away for too long!

You aren't a first time visitor and this isn't a once in a lifetime trip, so visit with a different mindset. Food & Wine will run until April 22. Season of the Force is April 5-June 2. Maybe focus on food & entertainment rather than rides. If they are still offering Photo Pass Excursions, that could be fun. Look for the unique things that you haven't had time to do in other trips.
That's kind of what we're thinking. There are so many shows we haven't seen, like my kids really want to see Rapunzel at the Royal Theater, and we rarely see the whole parade. Definitely looking forward to Season of The Force and I want to see the fireworks over Batuu. I have a whole list of things I want to eat lol. Hopefully I can fit it all in!

What's photopass excursions? Is that the mini photoshoot, or something else?

What's photopass excursions? Is that the mini photoshoot, or something else?
Yes it is the mini 12-15 min photo shoot. Right now they are in DCA, but they are talking about extending it and expanding upon it. According to the gentleman in charge of the program, they are looking at it as a benefit to Photo Pass and don't have plans to charge for it.

Yes it is the mini 12-15 min photo shoot. Right now they are in DCA, but they are talking about extending it and expanding upon it. According to the gentleman in charge of the program, they are looking at it as a benefit to Photo Pass and don't have plans to charge for it.
That's so cool. I think DizMe did that and it looked great. One of my goals for the trip is to get some nice family pictures and I was going to just do photopass in front of the castle. But I'll look into excursions. Do you just ask any photopass CM, or did you have to sign up for it?

That's so cool. I think DizMe did that and it looked great. One of my goals for the trip is to get some nice family pictures and I was going to just do photopass in front of the castle. But I'll look into excursions. Do you just ask any photopass CM, or did you have to sign up for it?
There is a place where you line up that isn't marked. Right now, in DCA, the line up is in the area between Little Mermaid and Grizzly River Run - along the fence between Embarcadero gifts and the restrooms. Look for people wearing matching outfits. :laughing:

It starts at noon and ends at 6:45 pm. Many do an excursion and get back in line for another one. The four options in DCA are San Fransokyo, Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens and Grizzly Peak. In my opinion, if you want good family photos, choose Paradise Gardens. You'll get photos from the WOC viewing area with the ferris wheel behind you. They'll also walk you around to the right and take pictures in the area of jumping jellyfish, symphony swings, etc. Many people like Grizzly Peak becasue it is less crowded. It has a nice woodsy backdrop that doesn't scream Disney. San Fransokyo is nice if you go after the lunchtime crowds - maybe around 3 pm. We didn't get great photos in the Pixar Pier excursion.

They started doing the DCA excursions on March 17 and said that they would be doing them for at least a month.

There is a place where you line up that isn't marked. Right now, in DCA, the line up is in the area between Little Mermaid and Grizzly River Run - along the fence between Embarcadero gifts and the restrooms. Look for people wearing matching outfits. :laughing:

It starts at noon and ends at 6:45 pm. Many do an excursion and get back in line for another one. The four options in DCA are San Fransokyo, Pixar Pier, Paradise Gardens and Grizzly Peak. In my opinion, if you want good family photos, choose Paradise Gardens. You'll get photos from the WOC viewing area with the ferris wheel behind you. They'll also walk you around to the right and take pictures in the area of jumping jellyfish, symphony swings, etc. Many people like Grizzly Peak becasue it is less crowded. It has a nice woodsy backdrop that doesn't scream Disney. San Fransokyo is nice if you go after the lunchtime crowds - maybe around 3 pm. We didn't get great photos in the Pixar Pier excursion.

They started doing the DCA excursions on March 17 and said that they would be doing them for at least a month.
I'm so happy this is continuing! Now is probably a great time to do it since it's still in the experimental stage and not a lot of people know about it yet. We did what you mentioned and got back in line after the first photos and we did Frontierland and Adventureland. We didn't do Tomorrowland or...I think the other option was Main St but I'm not sure. The line in DL was on the bridge next to the Royal Theater just as you're entering Frontierland. It wasn't very noticeable and there weren't signs for it or anything.

My friend and I definitely did a one-night trip (two days at the park). Did one full day at DCA (for their Food and Wine Festival), then did not quite a full day at DLP (had to leave to drive back to LAX to catch a late flight home). It was a full couple of days, and we definitely had to be strategic about things, but we were glad we went!

Thank you very much, it's SO helpful! I'll definitely check it out :)

I'm so happy this is continuing! Now is probably a great time to do it since it's still in the experimental stage and not a lot of people know about it yet. We did what you mentioned and got back in line after the first photos and we did Frontierland and Adventureland. We didn't do Tomorrowland or...I think the other option was Main St but I'm not sure. The line in DL was on the bridge next to the Royal Theater just as you're entering Frontierland. It wasn't very noticeable and there weren't signs for it or anything.
It would be cool if they still offer it at DL, too. Funny there's no advertising or signs, though. At least now I'll know where to look :)

It would be cool if they still offer it at DL, too. Funny there's no advertising or signs, though. At least now I'll know where to look :)
We went on the first day in DCA and the gentleman in charge was talking to guests in line. I am paraphrasing, but he said that they were looking into making in a permanent offering in both parks. He mentioned that, because of licensing in some of the lands (ex. Star Wars, Avengers Campus, Cars Land), photographers have to change the setting on their camera to include some sort of trademark info. He shared that Cars Land has the most Photo Pass photographers per square footage than any other area, and that he thinks it would be a great location for Photo Pass Excursions.

While we waited, we talked about how they evaluated the success of the excursions, and the best way to give a cast member a complement. He said the best way to express how much you like something is to go to the Disneyland website and scroll down to the bottom Contact Us section. Filling out the email form is the best way to give feedback. He said that they look at how many photos are downloaded in the first 24 hours vs 45 days. If someone really likes a photo, they are going to download it immediately and that provides good feedback about whether or not the program is working.

I was at the parks today and took a picture so that you can see where the line is located. At the very front, there is a PhotoPass CM managing the line.

I forgot that this is Dapper Day weekend. The lines will probably take longer with people wanting photos. I would also pay attention to timing and lighting. We were on Golden Zephyr just after noon and the lighting wasn't the best to take photos in that direction. We ate in San Fransokyo and it was crowded until around 3 pm.

Have a great trip!

1712467274084.png 1712467378882.png

I was at the parks today and took a picture so that you can see where the line is located. At the very front, there is a PhotoPass CM managing the line.

I forgot that this is Dapper Day weekend. The lines will probably take longer with people wanting photos. I would also pay attention to timing and lighting. We were on Golden Zephyr just after noon and the lighting wasn't the best to take photos in that direction. We ate in San Fransokyo and it was crowded until around 3 pm.

Have a great trip!

View attachment 848918 View attachment 848919
Thank you so much! I appreciate the photo. We won't be getting there until late this afternoon so maybe the line will be better. Maybe not the light, though, as you mentioned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter