Opening of the Skyliner pushed back?

zobow02

Mouseketeer
Just got off the phone with a Disney TA as we are currently planning a trip in the fall. We were considering staying at POP until we asked the TA if she had an estimate of when the Skyliner would open. She said it's being pushed back to Dec 29.

I'm honestly done with the Disney TA's. I feel like they know nothing about Disney. One time I called when they were half way done with the renovations at POP and when I asked what sections were done being renovated, the TA was all like "ummm when did they do renovations at POP." she had no clue.

But I could be wrong, has anyone else heard a rumor that the skyline opening date is being pushed back?

Just got off the phone with a Disney TA as we are currently planning a trip in the fall. We were considering staying at POP until we asked the TA if she had an estimate of when the Skyliner would open. She said it's being pushed back to Dec 29.

I'm honestly done with the Disney TA's. I feel like they know nothing about Disney. One time I called when they were half way done with the renovations at POP and when I asked what sections were done being renovated, the TA was all like "ummm when did they do renovations at POP." she had no clue.

But I could be wrong, has anyone else heard a rumor that the skyline opening date is being pushed back?

The most recent information is still Fall 2019.

The TA is just spouting rumor. There is no announcement about this, and, frankly, no reason to believe it will be pushed back. They're already testing, and most of the stations are very far along. Unless summer is truly monsoon-quality, they should be fully inspected and running by fall.

I was asking the same question this morning when discounted Pop and AllStar rooms for August were the same price.

If anyone knows the opening date for the Skyliner it will be the people who monitor and post all the latest news on the Dis forums and other fan sites. There is no way a random TA will know the correct answer to this very big question before one of these fan sites does. ;)

Ok. I'm really hoping to stay at POP because of the skyliner otherwise, were probably gonna stay at Movies.

FWIW,October is the date "going around" since we arrived down here this week.:)

Only time will tell.

It appears they definitely want a whole Summer of testing to see how the Skyliner "reacts" to all the rain,wind and lightning of a Central Florida Summer before putting their Guests on it!:)

FWIW,October is the date "going around" since we arrived down here this week.:)

Only time will tell.

It appears they definitely want a whole Summer of testing to see how the Skyliner "reacts" to all the rain,wind and lightning of a Central Florida Summer before putting their Guests on it!:)

Thank you this really helps!

Are you referring to a phone cast member that you spoke to when you called the main Disney World number? If so, the phone CMs are notoriously misinformed. Take anything they say with a grain of salt. Most of them work in call centers off property, in another city, or even remotely from home. Its not surprising to me that they don't know many of the things you can find on here - the average person wouldn't.

Last edited:
I would bet that the amount of people that actually know the anticipated (or targeted) date for opening the Skyliner is quite small and not a group of people that are likely to talk. Those that think they know, based on when parts of construction are supposed to end or other factors, are the ones that are speculating and creating the discussion. It's just gossip, fuelled by potentially misinterpreted information.

I'd go with the Fall 2019..........until we see something more official. Unfortunately Disney TA's aren't always reliable sources of that type of information. My wife and I are still hoping for an early opening...........1st week of August. Hey we can dream.......right :-)

Doug :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter