** Opening Day Pricing REQUESTS Winter 2022: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Wow thanks so much o&smom! That is super helpful. Did you happen to see if there were any connecting deluxe rooms, either inside (10A or 10B) or oceanview (9B or 9C) left on either Hawaii cruise? Or are they all in GTY? Thank you again! I am nervous about tomorrow morning... Love booking day but dread it too!

I do see at least a couple pairs of connecting insides right now on deck 2 for both sailings, as well as connecting 9D or Bs.

I do see at least a couple pairs of connecting insides right now on deck 2 for both sailings, as well as connecting 9D or Bs.
Thank you so much! I will try for those first before the cat4. Much appreciated!

Thank you so much! I will try for those first before the cat4. Much appreciated!

I'm sure you probably know but just in case, if you can, try to book online instead of calling! It "opens" an hour before the phones open, and honestly they usually open up sometime earlier in the middle of the night randomly. Good luck!

Magic 1/3/22 for 2A2K (15,12) category 9C
Adult 1$1,190.00
stateroom-price-breakdown.table-header-label
Adult 2
$1,190.00
Child 1
$775.00
Child 2
$744.00
Taxes, Fees & Port Expenses
$542.20

Total Stateroom Price$4,441.20
Thanks so much!!

Magic 2/14 price breakdown...
2A/1K (13) 5A
2A/1K (15) 7A
2A/2K (12 & 12) 9B
2A 11A
Thank you in advance!

Initial quotes yesterday:

Wonder Apr21st SanD=>VCVr(5 days) 7A 2A No Ins/Trans/Air NotOBB -- $3,764
Wonder Apr26st Vcvr=>Hwii(10 days) 7A 2A No Ins/Trans/Air NotOBB -- $7,331
Wonder May26th Hwii=>VCVr(10 days) 7A 2A No Ins/Trans/Air NotOBB -- $7,310

How did it turn out? Were you able to book a room you wanted?
Hi!! Thanks for checking in! I am not sure what to do, so I would love your advice. I have been on hold with Costco for two hours (placeholder with FCC and old OBC). I see that the May 6 sailing is completely sold out now, although GTY keeps popping up, but a couple of hours ago I was able to book a 4E GTY online for the May 6 cruise. I was also able to book two connecting 10Bs on the April 26 cruise online. I prefer two rooms rather than one verandah room, however I prefer the May 6 cruise over than the April 26 cruise. I have to decide which one I want more (the May 6 sailing but single verandah room that is more expensive, vs the April 26 sailing with two connecting rooms that are cheaper). I also doubt if DCL can somehow get my placeholder reservations to replace these new reservations... I may have to take a chance and cancel my online bookings so that DCL can try grab the rooms? I am thinking that as holds are released in the next couple of days, there may be connecting rooms opening up on the May 6 sailing. Not sure if I should keep the 4E and see if they can somehow make a dummy booking for a second stateroom, and then change it to two connecting rooms once things open up? Or go with my second choice sailing? Or try to book 10B GTY and cross my fingers I can convert it to connecting staterooms as things open up? Do you know if pricing will be held even if I change sailings, or change my room... What is the best way to lock in opening day pricing and keep my options open with minimal risk, but also use my precious FCC/OBB? Any advice? Thanks so much :)

Last edited:
Hi!! Thanks for checking in! I am not sure what to do, so I would love your advice. I have been on hold with Costco for two hours (placeholder with FCC and old OBC). I see that the May 6 sailing is completely sold out now, although GTY keeps popping up, but a couple of hours ago I was able to book a 4E GTY online for the May 6 cruise. I was also able to book two connecting 10Bs on the April 26 cruise online. I prefer two rooms rather than one verandah room, however I prefer the May 6 cruise over than the April 26 cruise. I have to decide which one I want more (the May 6 sailing but single verandah room that is more expensive, vs the April 26 sailing with two connecting rooms that are cheaper). I also doubt if DCL can somehow get my placeholder reservations to replace these new reservations... I may have to take a chance and cancel my online bookings so that DCL can try grab the rooms? I am thinking that as holds are released in the next couple of days, there may be connecting rooms opening up on the May 6 sailing. Not sure if I should keep the 4E and see if they can somehow make a dummy booking for a second stateroom, and then change it to two connecting rooms once things open up? Or go with my second choice sailing? Or try to book 10B GTY and cross my fingers I can convert it to connecting staterooms as things open up? Do you know if pricing will be held even if I change sailings, or change my room... What is the best way to lock in opening day pricing and keep my options open with minimal risk, but also use my precious FCC/OBB? Any advice? Thanks so much :)
Not an easy choice! There is no right answer, but I would keep both the 4/26 and 5/6 cruise reservations so you can keep your options open and wait and see how it all plays out. It does seem likely that room reservations will be released/cancelled and some rooms may open up. If you change rooms on a sailing under the same reservation number, you keep the pricing from the original date you booked.

As for the OBB, when you do get through to Costco/Disney today for the OBB, just price it and see if it is cheaper than what you already have. It may not be 10% cheaper, but it could still be cheaper than the rooms you booked online. Good luck!

Thanks! If I change categories (not just rooms) under the same reservation #, will it also keep the opening day pricing on the new category? What about changing sailings using the same reservation number, would the pricing stay at opening day for the new sailing? I am thinking the safest thing is to keep the 4E, and book a second dummy GTY reservation, but if connecting rooms pop up later, change the two GTY reservations to those, providing the pricing would still be opening day.

Magic April 11th, 2022 - 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami (Key West, Castaway Cay, Nassau) for 2A2K (9,9) 5b please and thank you :) no air no insurance

Thanks! If I change categories (not just rooms) under the same reservation #, will it also keep the opening day pricing on the new category? What about changing sailings using the same reservation number, would the pricing stay at opening day for the new sailing? I am thinking the safest thing is to keep the 4E, and book a second dummy GTY reservation, but if connecting rooms pop up later, change the two GTY reservations to those, providing the pricing would still be opening day.

You can make most changes* on the same sailing and keep the rate you "locked" in, but if you change dates it will be seen as a new reservation, even if you're "moving" a booking.

*the exception is if you try to drop the lead guest on a reservation. I couldn't book say my husband and I, drop him, add my Mom, and then try to drop myself off and add my Dad. A lead guest needs to stay on.

Wow thanks so much o&smom! That is super helpful. Did you happen to see if there were any connecting deluxe rooms, either inside (10A or 10B) or oceanview (9B or 9C) left on either Hawaii cruise? Or are they all in GTY? Thank you again! I am nervous about tomorrow morning... Love booking day but dread it too!
Hope things went well for you this morning, and you are booked on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter