** OPENING DAY PRICING 2017 Pt 2 May/September: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

If I book tomorrow (not likely) can I use my OBB when booking online? I have to work and cannot hang on the phone for an hour +.

FANTASY / 11 night Southern Caribbean / 2Adults / 5C / $8711.16 / OBB / no insurance, flights, or gratuities.

Question: Are there better insurance deals than the one offered by Disney? Looking to save a little, but not at a risk. This will be the furthest we have been from home since I was in the Navy. Disney's ships are much better, but we had bigger guns. Thanks in advance.
I've used Allianz for travel insurance several times and have always been happy. They're very affordable but I can't say I've ever had to use the policy thankfully!

Added y'all up to this point! Aaaand already moved my cabin. Thought we had one that wasn't connecting but it did... whoops! ^^; Ended up going up one more cat to find one, luckily it was only another $140 and I went up a deck. Best part? Only waited about 10 minutes on hold. Whewwwwwww

Just a thank you to AquaDame for taking care of this thread for everyone. So many people interested in prices and it's so great that everyone is willing to share what they know and that someone is willing to compile all the info. Kudos!

Aby

WONDER July 10, regular 7 night Alaska:
3A 1C (11), category 5C: $10 716,44 (OBB, no ins or transf)
2A, category 7A: $7013,86 (OBB, no ins or transf)
1A 2C (15, 1), category 7A: $8691,69 (no OBB, no ins or transf)

:sad2: not sure yet what we'll do... these prices are ridiculous! Last year, we did the 11 night Copenhagen to Dover with Iceland (2A 2C) for $ 8617,56 WITHOUT the OBB (in a cat 9C, but still!). Might switch back to oceanview and see how the prices change, but I'm not very optimistic...

received the following quotes:
June 3, 2017 Disney Fantasy
7 Night Eastern Carribean
Cat V 2A2C (15,12) $15,204.08 no ins/trans

Cat T 2A2C (15,12) $23,972.84 no ins/trans

Stopped paying attention to the second quote once I heard $23 thousand :crazy2:

Did book the Cat V for my Air Force retirement cruise!

Edited to reflect the complete price of the category T once I got over the $23K shock LOL

Last edited:
Fantasy Sept, 2, 2017
Cat 7A 2A $2,988.62 no ins/trans/air/OBB

Please update this to reflect that it does have OBB. It does not have ins or trans or air. I see that some have put "yes OBB", and I think that's what I should have done. Sorry!

USAA uses a third party for trip insurance and I think I've gotten it at a discount thru them. BTW: thanks for your service and congrats on retirement, my dad served 20 years in the US Navy.

Thanks. I am looking at Alliance right now. Also thanks for the thanks. It was my pleasure; best decision I ever made.

Really? Is this price because it's peak season? We just did a Dream cruise in February and it was only $2700 in 4C. Maybe it's the two extra kids (we were 2A/1C), but I don't see the price more than doubling due to two extra children.

Is the cheapest cat for 2A/3C on the Dream?
On the wonder it's a Cat4, but I'm not familiar with the Dream categories.

I was looking at this exact cruise.

***edit: nvm! I figured it out!

une 28, 2017 | Disney Magic
11-Night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland Cruise from Dover

Cat 9C 2A1K (14) $8,852 yes OBB no ins/trans/air

Magic EBTA May 13
cabin cat. 4 A
2 A $6200.14 with OBB, no Ins/Trans
2 A 2 K (4, 1.5) $7788.68 with OBB, no Ins/trans

Magic EBTA May 13, 2017

2A with insurance no transfers, and this was changed from a cruise I booked onboard.
5C $5594.26 Yes there's an onboard credit!

Got the last quote.
June 4, 2017 Disney Magic
7 Night Norwegian Fjords
Cat 10A 2A $4160.76 no ins/trans/OBB

Added y'all up to this point! Aaaand already moved my cabin. Thought we had one that wasn't connecting but it did... whoops! ^^; Ended up going up one more cat to find one, luckily it was only another $140 and I went up a deck. Best part? Only waited about 10 minutes on hold. Whewwwwwww
Thanks for doing all this. What cruise did you book?

June 28, 2017 | Disney Magic
11-Night Norwegian Fjords and Iceland Cruise from Dover

Cat 9C 2A1K (14) $8,852 yes OBB no ins/trans/air

This is the one I've been waiting for.... This is going to make it a tough decision. I quoted a 8 night Fjords, no Iceland on Celebrity for $7750 for a verandah/drink packages for all/$300 OBC/free internet. But, less nights and no Iceland. Gah.

received the following quotes:
Cat V 2A2C (15,12) $15,204 no ins/trans

Cat T 2A2C (15,12) $23,9** no ins/trans

Stopped paying attention to the second quote once I heard $23 thousand :crazy2:

Did book the Cat V for my Air Force retirement cruise!
Congrats. What a great way to celebrate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter