Open Toed Shoes and MDR

LCoulter

Whoah Mouse
Does DCL have a rule against open toed shoes in the MDR? I was planning to wear dressy sandal and more casual sandals in the MDR each night until I read about a competing cruise line actually has a rule against open toed shoes but isn’t really good at enforcing the rule except occasionally. Has anyone been turned away because of their shoes?

This will be our third cruise on Disney and I could swear I’ve worn open toed shoes and sandals in the MDR but I can’t remember for sure.

I can’t speak to Palo or Remy, but I wore open toed shoes/sandals to the MDR’s of the Dream and Fantasy no problems. I noticed a lot of other people, men and women, in open toed shoes and/or sandals in the MDR’s as well.

In the MDR you will have no problem with sandals, either dressy or casual. In Palo, however, they should be dressier sandals, no flip-flops. Not sure about Remy, but my guess is that they are even stricter with the dress code. I would think that dressy, open-toed sandals in Remy would not be a problem, either.

Does DCL have a rule against open toed shoes in the MDR? I was planning to wear dressy sandal and more casual sandals in the MDR each night until I read about a competing cruise line actually has a rule against open toed shoes but isn’t really good at enforcing the rule except occasionally. Has anyone been turned away because of their shoes?

You must wear shoes to the MDRs. This is the only qualifier. Although, I have occasionally seen barefoot people in the MDRs.

I pretty much take almost all sandals, and always have 1 or 2 pair of very dressy ones. So my shoe wardrobe is virtually all open toed. :cutie:

my wife wore open toe sandels with the bucket

Okay, WHAT is "the bucket", Mike314??? :laughing: Should I have one to be fashionable? ;) :cutie:

You must wear shoes to the MDRs. This is the only qualifier. Although, I have occasionally seen barefoot people in the MDRs.

:crazy2:

I wore sandals every night to MDE. I packed heels for formal night but by the time I was ready for dinner I was over it and slipped on flip-flops because I knew no one would see them with my floor-length dress.

I did wear low, open-toe heels to Palo dinner and sandals to Palo Brunch as well.

I love dressing up and wearing dressy heels once in a while and almost always have them on a cruise, but the ships are SO big, that if I have to traipse from one end to the other and up and down stairs, I want my dressy FLAT sandals!!! :teeth:

I love dressing up and wearing dressy heels once in a while and almost always have them on a cruise, but the ships are SO big, that if I have to traipse from one end to the other and up and down stairs, I want my dressy FLAT sandals!!! :teeth:

Yes, same for me! When dining is x number of floors away and on the other side of the ship, or the elevator is packed and I decide on the stairs I am so glad I skipped them. I love, love, love my heels but I also love to be able to walk around the next day on an excursion.

Yes, same for me! When dining is x number of floors away and on the other side of the ship, or the elevator is packed and I decide on the stairs I am so glad I skipped them. I love, love, love my heels but I also love to be able to walk around the next day on an excursion.

Exactly!!!! :thumbsup2

Wow I hope they never say no open toe in MDR, because down here it is not easy to find closed toes in a heel. Walking around shoe stores near me might make you think they outlawed covering toes in a dress shoe. It's like trying to find a dress with sleeves in the summer...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter