Open Port Orleans Already!-Opening OCT 14th & 28th!!!!

I was hoping it would reopen for the 50th. We're missing opening date by 6 days. We rented points so couldn't change our resort but wanted to go over just to walk a loop and sit in the gazebo by Magnolia Terrace. Haven't been to POR in 3 years now and missing my "home".

I switched from CBR to POFQ by phone. Was on hold for over an hour but totally worth it. We love POFQ. We'll be there Jan-Feb 2022. I'm so excited!

Now I just have to wait until my dates open up for next year! Not going until December 2-9 and reservations are only open until November 24 as of today. I just want to have it booked!

We had AoA suite booked for our trip in early Nov......went online at 6am this morning and moved it to FQ! We've been watching, waiting and hoping!

I'm holding out until I hear about the DS boats. We haven't stayed there yet and the boats to the Springs looks like part of the appeal. Glad to hear the resort is open, though.

Take this with a grain of salt- but when I stayed at Old Key West in March a CM told me the boats are not running because there isn't any security screeners at the boat ramps at Disney Springs. Seemed odd to me since you can arrive via Disney bus or walk from Saratoga and other hotels and not go through security screening.

I also really hope they open up the boats again. It would absolutely make me more likely to stay there again.

My friend just texted me she has been on hold almost 2 hours! She kept getting errors trying to book
so she called. I bet the rest of the day will be crazy

I did it online and changed from CSR to POFQ - December 21-Jan 3 and the one booked end of June - July 4th 2022

I so wanted to be there opening day. But it's just too close to my September 30 departure to return. (Not that I haven't done that in that past - A 7 day early January solo trip followed exactly 7 days later by a 5 day trip with friends).

After being out of work for - what will be -17 months my show open Aug 17. Then I take time off starting Sept 21 for two weeks to go to The World. I don't think it's wise to ask for another week off at the end of October.

So I just booked POFQ November 30 for 7 nights. Work for four weeks, take two weeks off, work for seven weeks take a week off...

My friend just texted me she has been on hold almost 2 hours! She kept getting errors trying to book
so she called. I bet the rest of the day will be crazy

I tried to change my November reservation on line this morning from CSR to POR at 6:15am. I also got the error code saying to call. I called at exactly 7am and the stated wait was 2 1/2 hours. It was a 2 hour wait on hold but I was able to add a night and switch our reservation from CSR to POR 5th sleeper room. Super excited!

I called at 0700 and waited for nearly 3 hours, but I was able to switch. I repeatedly tried the website but it would never work. The CM who talk my call said it was crazy busy.

Now I just have to wait until my dates open up for next year! Not going until December 2-9 and reservations are only open until November 24 as of today. I just want to have it booked!
That's really weird. I booked December 4-12 this morning with no issue. Wonder if it's booked already those dates?

I tried to change my November reservation on line this morning from CSR to POR at 6:15am. I also got the error code saying to call. I called at exactly 7am and the stated wait was 2 1/2 hours. It was a 2 hour wait on hold but I was able to add a night and switch our reservation from CSR to POR 5th sleeper room. Super excited!
Yeah she just called me excited she got through AFTER 2 1/2 hours.

It is amazing to me what is going on. Our last trip in 2019 on a whim I decided to see if we could
book something for 3 weeks later coming off a cruise and we did. I do think things may level out
next year. Least that is my hope. But I can see pickings are going to be slim for the rest of the year.

I must have been lucky by 6:10am I had changed our November trip on line.

The only thing I'm looking forward to hearing about is the triumphant return of Yeehaw Bob.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter