Open Letter to Discovery Cove

stacyp9

DIS Veteran
Dear Discovery Cove

Thank you for yet another fantastically relaxing day.
Thank you for letting us in even though we showed up on the wrong day and being so calm and cool about it!
Thank you for increasing the number of stingrays again. So amazing. The fish on the reef this year were really something. This is the most variety I have ever seen.
Thanks for getting rid of the sunscreen packets and giving us the pump dispenser. So much easier!
Thanks for improving the breakfast choices, much better this year! Please bring back the chocolate on chocolate with a cherry on top classic though, this years choice is not as good. Love the keylime pie though!
Thank you for letting my son build the rock stacks in the lazy river by the waterfalls. It was SO COOL how by the end of the day other people had added their own stacks and no one destroyed anything. Other places would yell about this sort of thing. Not DC!

Signed annual guest see you next year!

Dear Discovery Cove

Thank you for yet another fantastically relaxing day.
Thank you for letting us in even though we showed up on the wrong day and being so calm and cool about it!
Thank you for increasing the number of stingrays again. So amazing. The fish on the reef this year were really something. This is the most variety I have ever seen.
Thanks for getting rid of the sunscreen packets and giving us the pump dispenser. So much easier!
Thanks for improving the breakfast choices, much better this year! Please bring back the chocolate on chocolate with a cherry on top classic though, this years choice is not as good. Love the keylime pie though!

Signed annual guest see you next year!

So glad you had a great time at DC! And that they were able to accommodate you despite getting your days mixed up....oops! :p

Wahoo on the sunscreen dispenser.....I hated those little packets ::yes::.

I do have some questions, though......we are currently planning visits #4 and #5 for October. What has changed as far as breakfast goes? And please don't say they have replaced their chocolate cake with something different.....it was my husband's favourite. His little heart will be broken :sad:.

:rotfl2: showing up on the wrong day, that sounds like something I would do. I am so glad they let you in. I am happy to hear about the dispensers and also bummed to hear about the chocolate cake. That was my favorite too!

Thank you for letting my son build the rock stacks in the lazy river by the waterfalls. It was SO COOL how by the end of the day other people had added their own stacks and no one destroyed anything. Other places would yell about this sort of thing. Not DC!

This is great to hear! On our last trip, that is exactly what my son spent the entire day doing. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same during our next trip in October.

This summer will be our first trip there. Myself, wife and 3 kids (9,9,10). We have heard great things.
Any recommendations on the order in which to do the activities?

So glad you had a great time at DC! And that they were able to accommodate you despite getting your days mixed up....oops! :p

Wahoo on the sunscreen dispenser.....I hated those little packets ::yes::.

I do have some questions, though......we are currently planning visits #4 and #5 for October. What has changed as far as breakfast goes? And please don't say they have replaced their chocolate cake with something different.....it was my husband's favourite. His little heart will be broken :sad:.

Hi Gina
They changed up the french toast recipe or are cooking it better. This year more tasty. Eggs are now coming in 4 different variations. Same lame pastries. Better fruit this time for us as well.

Yeah seaworld still has the same chocolate cake but DC had a different one. Drier and with a different frosting best described as light chocolate. No bueno and no cherry. :(

This summer will be our first trip there. Myself, wife and 3 kids (9,9,10). We have heard great things.
Any recommendations on the order in which to do the activities?

My first bit of advise is after getting there early 7:30ish completely lose the theme park mentality of doing things in optimal order. There are only a couple of things to do there so tell the kids they can do whatever then want, whenever they want without a parent. Show them your chairs and the free snack bar and the different areas and let them have a great day. then you chill as well. There are lifeguards and guest attendants about every 20 feet.

We get there at 7:30 check in and go straight to the chairs to pick them out. (you can stake them out with the towels you find in the bathrooms). Then we get our lockers and wet suits, change and get on sun screen so we are ready to go. Then we go get the free breakfast. (The guides that greet you typically try and direct you to breakfast first, they are cool with you doing it your own order though).

We usually start the day with the great reef to hit it when we have it mostly to ourselves. See if your kids can find the eels and lobsters hidden in the side tanks on the sides. After that we do whatever strikes our fancy. We haven't done the dolphin encounter since our first visit. Its a one and done type of thing. Saves $$$ to skip it. We stay until they kick us out of the water. Have a great time, you will love it!

This is great to hear! On our last trip, that is exactly what my son spent the entire day doing. I wouldn't be surprised if he did the same during our next trip in October.

This is one of my favorite things to do. I sit in the waterfall letting it massage me while he builds. I always expect to get yelled at for doing it and they do not care. You just can't go above it. :)

Be aware that the lazy river has several sections that are 8 feet deep so your kids (and you) may want flotation devices to really make it "lazy". There are life jackets and a limited quantity of pool noodles. I found it quite tiring to be in the river without one, though I was trying to keep my cell phone mostly out of the water (even though it was in a "water proof" case), so that made it more difficult. As far as timing, I have heard that it is best to visit the aviary early in the day while the birds are still hungry. Feeding the birds was the favorite activity for my kids. They land right on you to eat out of the little cups.

Thanks for the advice here, too! We are going for our first time in September.

Since they limit the number of people in the park, I was wondering if there are enough chairs for everyone? and are the chairs spread out through the resort or all the all in one area?

I really don't see us resting that much/long but it would be nice to know we can somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter