~~~~~~ Oops SEW we did it again! ~~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~~ BAG & OUTFIT UPDATE 5/19/2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scratchin Anyways - if you have any pointers - I'd love to give it a try. ::yes::
Several suggestions. I love the water but I wouldn't call myself a "good" swimmer. I can swim but never could do it in a pretty way or for long distances--I have always wanted to get better but never done it--maybe soon? Make sure the mask you use fits well. This is probably why people don't like snorkeling. If your mask doesn't fit well, you get water in your nose and you are finished! Second, you need to get used to mouth breathing. Again, difficult for many people, but keeps that water out of your nose! You could even snorkel with just a mask if the snorkel breathing is too complicated. Our bodies (except for some very lean/muscular men) float. So if you have a good mask, you can hold your breath, stick your face in the water and see all the pretty fish and coral. Throw on some fins, and you can move around a lot! Need to breathe? Just stop and lift your head out of the water! If you add the snorkel, the key is to put your tongue on the roof of your mask and "sip" the air. That way if there's a bit of water in your snorkel, it doesn't make you cough--your tongue is a splash guard to stop water from hitting the back of your mouth! Easy peasy. Seriously, baby steps. Once you see you float and can just lift your head to breathe (the fins will help you to keep your head high when you are vertical (head out of water and feet below you) you can relax and know you aren't going to sink at any time. Then relax and look at all the pretty underwater sights!

t gives me hope that I'll be able to take trips with my girls when they are more grown. :lovestruc
Pssst, you already are--in your next trip! So much fun to take them as adults!

I would LOVE to hear some of your favorite snacks and counter service restaurants from around WDW
So many snacks to try, and not eating big meals helps. I want to try the eggrolls in Frontierland, love the dole whips, of course. Loaded fries at a variety of locations. The bbq fries at Flame Tree are a meal at a snack price! I'm not huge on the sweets, so I tend to look for the savory snacks! Of course we love popcorn--if you plan to eat a lot, get the refillable container and save some money with multiple refills.

"pre-packaged"... Like those salads that come with all the stuff in one bag and you just mix them up
I like those salads--I'll take them to work and make two meals out of them!

Sugar is my enemy - I know this
Me too. I was doing keto and it was working but quit for the holidays, which of course is always a mistake! I need to get back to it so I can lose some pounds before the wedding!!

I think you will enjoy less table service meals. They take a lot of time and planning. Sometimes it's fun to be more spontaneous!

Several suggestions. I love the water but I wouldn't call myself a "good" swimmer. I can swim but never could do it in a pretty way or for long distances--I have always wanted to get better but never done it--maybe soon? Make sure the mask you use fits well. This is probably why people don't like snorkeling. If your mask doesn't fit well, you get water in your nose and you are finished! Second, you need to get used to mouth breathing. Again, difficult for many people, but keeps that water out of your nose! You could even snorkel with just a mask if the snorkel breathing is too complicated. Our bodies (except for some very lean/muscular men) float. So if you have a good mask, you can hold your breath, stick your face in the water and see all the pretty fish and coral. Throw on some fins, and you can move around a lot! Need to breathe? Just stop and lift your head out of the water! If you add the snorkel, the key is to put your tongue on the roof of your mask and "sip" the air. That way if there's a bit of water in your snorkel, it doesn't make you cough--your tongue is a splash guard to stop water from hitting the back of your mouth! Easy peasy. Seriously, baby steps. Once you see you float and can just lift your head to breathe (the fins will help you to keep your head high when you are vertical (head out of water and feet below you) you can relax and know you aren't going to sink at any time. Then relax and look at all the pretty underwater sights!

This was super helpful! We were talking a little bit last night about renting snorkel gear while we are there... Well, not really "renting" - our resort lets us check it out for free... I think it would be so neat!

Pssst, you already are--in your next trip! So much fun to take them as adults!

Hahahaha... I know - I just don't think of it that way yet. ::yes::

So many snacks to try, and not eating big meals helps. I want to try the eggrolls in Frontierland, love the dole whips, of course. Loaded fries at a variety of locations. The bbq fries at Flame Tree are a meal at a snack price! I'm not huge on the sweets, so I tend to look for the savory snacks! Of course we love popcorn--if you plan to eat a lot, get the refillable container and save some money with multiple refills.

OK - I've never heard of the eggrolls in Frontierland... Where are those at?

Oh yes - Dole Whips... I plan to have a few of those! ::yes:: Especially since we will be there in the summer.

Hmmm... I've never done the bbq fries before either... See - we've missed out on a lot.

These are great! Thanks Cathy!

I like those salads--I'll take them to work and make two meals out of them!

I am planning to have one for dinner tonight. They are awesome!

Me too. I was doing keto and it was working but quit for the holidays, which of course is always a mistake! I need to get back to it so I can lose some pounds before the wedding!!

I've never done keto - I've naturally done low carb because of paleo/primal... but never actual keto. I've heard that many people have super awesome results from it. ::yes:: One of the hardest things is "getting back" to it... Mindset is everything!

I think you will enjoy less table service meals. They take a lot of time and planning. Sometimes it's fun to be more spontaneous!

I think so too! We are all looking forward to it! :lovestruc Definitely a change of pace!

****************************************************************************************

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday! :)

D~

This was super helpful! We were talking a little bit last night about renting snorkel gear while we are there... Well, not really "renting" - our resort lets us check it out for free... I think it would be so neat!
Definitely try it out! I think you will love it--the reefs there are amazing! Keep an eye out for the little stuff, too!

OK - I've never heard of the eggrolls in Frontierland... Where are those at?
There's a snack cart between Jungle Cruise and Pirates. It has popcorn too, I think? But they have eggrolls. They change flavors. Last I knew were the hamburger eggrolls and the mac and cheese eggrolls. Both have gotten rave reviews. We tried twice to get them when we were there, but it was late in the day and they were gone. So definitely look for them earlier (lunch or after lunch).

tenor.gif

I'm glad to hear the girls are doing so well and I really am so excited that you're going to do this trip. And the Europe trip, too -- such a fabulous deal on airfare!

Your dining plans for the trip sound great. We really cut back on ADRs on our last several trips and just did a couple of must-dos on each trip. We had so much fun trying different foods in World Showcase -- we discovered some new favorites there. Have you tried Harambe Market in AK yet? We really like it.

I'm not sure when our next WDW trip will be. There is an outside chance that I'll do a quick trip there in April, but that's only going to happen if my job decides to send me to a conference that's being held in Orlando, then I'll add on a couple of days and go to WDW with one of my best friends. We shall see.....

Have a great day!

Following along! Cannot wait to hear about all your planning and I absolutely love that you're daughters are so budget focused. We are also taking our family to WDW this summer (mid August) and the first thing my son (12) asked was how much does it cost? So it's nice to see another Disney loving family traveling along the same line! So excited, congratulations!

I’m so excited to see you back on the DIS! It seems so long since you’ve posted about your trips!

You got me, you really got me. I had no clue and was totally shocked when you told me you were going to be there too!
I was super excited to celebrate my 40th birthday at WDW, but now to have you there with me will be just extra special!
I think we should be in the park at midnight on your birthday then again on mine......we aren’t too old to stay up until midnight two nights in a row are we? Oooh, or we could be there at 11:59pm on your day and then we could celebrate both in front of the castle at the same time! Wait, what?? They are only open until 10?? Nevermind, we will do it at noon and pretend it’s 12am

Loving your new trip report! I'm not sure if I've ever commented on your posts before or just lurked? Well, if I never did - Hi there! :)

Taking short noticed trips has been the way for us lately! We've planned/booked a trip with less than week before! lol With an annual pass + cheapo airfare (we were able to get it a few times for $25 as the base fare!), it's hard not to just pack up and go. Of course, this is with Disneyland so you don't have to do a bunch of planning for FP or dining.

Sounds like a wonderful year of travel - can't wait to hear all about it!

Definitely try it out! I think you will love it--the reefs there are amazing! Keep an eye out for the little stuff, too!

I will - I am excited to see them!

There's a snack cart between Jungle Cruise and Pirates. It has popcorn too, I think? But they have eggrolls. They change flavors. Last I knew were the hamburger eggrolls and the mac and cheese eggrolls. Both have gotten rave reviews. We tried twice to get them when we were there, but it was late in the day and they were gone. So definitely look for them earlier (lunch or after lunch).

Very interesting! I will look for them, I love egg rolls!

MO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to see you!!!!!! :lovestruc It's been too long my friend! :hug: How are you and the midgets?

I'm glad to hear the girls are doing so well and I really am so excited that you're going to do this trip. And the Europe trip, too -- such a fabulous deal on airfare!

Your dining plans for the trip sound great. We really cut back on ADRs on our last several trips and just did a couple of must-dos on each trip. We had so much fun trying different foods in World Showcase -- we discovered some new favorites there. Have you tried Harambe Market in AK yet? We really like it.

I'm not sure when our next WDW trip will be. There is an outside chance that I'll do a quick trip there in April, but that's only going to happen if my job decides to send me to a conference that's being held in Orlando, then I'll add on a couple of days and go to WDW with one of my best friends. We shall see.....

Have a great day!

The girls are doing fabulous! It's so fun seeing their lives evolve and take shape!

We are so excited for this! We are trying hard to try new and fun foods this trip... I think it may end up being more of a "snack" trip? LOL We have not tried the Harambe Market yet... Is that outside of Tusker House?

That would be so nice if April works out for you... Fingers crossed!!!

You too! :lovestruc

Following along! Cannot wait to hear about all your planning and I absolutely love that you're daughters are so budget focused. We are also taking our family to WDW this summer (mid August) and the first thing my son (12) asked was how much does it cost? So it's nice to see another Disney loving family traveling along the same line! So excited, congratulations!

Yay!!! Welcome Kim! Thanks - we are proud of them for being conscious about their $$ and financial lives... After all, it's not necessarily how much you make in life - it's what you do with it. ::yes:: So, hopefully they continue on this path. Recently, V has had to watch a (young) friend of her's go through some financial stuff - and I think she is very much learning from that experience.

That's always the first question I get from the girls - LOL - how much will it cost... Like I am a walking Disney calculator or something? LOL Our last trip - I had made a major miscalculation in our food budget - and while V being sick was terrible... it saved our food budget - or we would have ran out of $$. So, now the girls are a little paranoid about not bringing enough food $$. :scratchin Just hoping no one gets sick this time. ::yes::

I’m so excited to see you back on the DIS! It seems so long since you’ve posted about your trips!

Ruth!!!! How are you?? It's great to see you here - welcome!

You got me, you really got me. I had no clue and was totally shocked when you told me you were going to be there too!
I was super excited to celebrate my 40th birthday at WDW, but now to have you there with me will be just extra special!
I think we should be in the park at midnight on your birthday then again on mine......we aren’t too old to stay up until midnight two nights in a row are we? Oooh, or we could be there at 11:59pm on your day and then we could celebrate both in front of the castle at the same time! Wait, what?? They are only open until 10?? Nevermind, we will do it at noon and pretend it’s 12am

Hehehehe... It's always fun to Skype with surprises! :lovestruc Trust me - we wouldn't have been going if I hadn't have found a good deal on airfare (which turned out not being a good deal - but by then, we already had Disney on our brain....)

So excited to spend our birthdays in WDW - I've never been at that time of year before... Hopefully it's a little less dreadful than August? LOL

Hahahaha! I haven't even looked at park hours yet ... I just kinda figure that there's no "slow" time in WDW anymore - so every park sucks. :lmao: We'll find something to do to celebrate. :lovestruc Looking forward to it!

Loving your new trip report! I'm not sure if I've ever commented on your posts before or just lurked? Well, if I never did - Hi there!

Taking short noticed trips has been the way for us lately! We've planned/booked a trip with less than week before! lol With an annual pass + cheapo airfare (we were able to get it a few times for $25 as the base fare!), it's hard not to just pack up and go. Of course, this is with Disneyland so you don't have to do a bunch of planning for FP or dining.

Sounds like a wonderful year of travel - can't wait to hear all about it!

Welcome! It's great to have you here! It's possible you've introduced yourself before? I am terrible with names - LOL

That is an awesome cheapo fare!!!! I wish I could find them that cheap!!! I sure do miss my AP - one day I will have one again! ::yes::

Thanks - I am a bit apprehensive - it's a LOT of travel for us, and definitely something that can't happen every year - but it will be fun! :woohoo:

Anyways - thanks for stopping by! :)

****************************************************************************************************

No giant updates today...

I spent some time at Allison's house yesterday... I helped her rework her budget so she can comfortably save for the trip - she's been having a bit of anxiety over it. I always find, when I have a detailed plan, I am much more calm and confident. She felt much better about the trip once we did that. ::yes::

Um... Yesterday, I made the mistake of trying on the shorts I was planning to wear in Aruba... Let's just say - that was likely a mistake. :( I'm not sure I've told this story before??? Um, in 2014 - when I was losing size quite rapidly, I had purchased a BUNCH of JCrew chino shorts (probably 8-10 pairs - every color imaginable) and a couple pairs of Lilly Pulitzer shorts too - in size 10s (it was my next size down)... Well, needless to say, I never got into them - well not comfortably enough to leave the house in them anyways. But I've held on to them and kept them as my "goal" shorts ever since. It was/is my goal to be able to wear them comfortably in Aruba - I've lost considerable size in the last months, and I felt like this was a pretty realistic goal for me... Ahhh - but I tried them on yesterday and they are (embarrassingly) tight... Some of them I can't button at all. :( So, at this moment - it's looking like these shorts are shelved again... Kinda bummed. I was so hoping that I could wear them... Hopefully by spring? My ultimate goal is to have them be too big for me. LOL

That's about it...

I will be lifting today... I also found my OLD step aerobics video on YouTube a few weeks ago... I might try that one out this afternoon - just for the fun of it. Gotta love Jane Fonda! :lmao:

Then I'll be working all day. :lovestruc

Sending out pixie dust to all and wishing you a wonderful day! :grouphug:

D~

MO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's great to see you!!!!!! :lovestruc It's been too long my friend! :hug: How are you and the midgets?

No Longer Midgets...
Graduating in May and getting ready for high school.
Getting back to socializing on the internet.. Missed it too much even started posting on my old PTR.. Cuz i can. LOL

So, at this moment - it's looking like these shorts are shelved again...

This is my entire wardrobe now...

Gotta love Jane Fonda!

Umm no.

and decided yesterday to pick up a temporary job at the local coffee shop... On one hand a feel a little guilty about her having to get a 2nd job to fund this trip - but on the other hand, I am proud that she wants to work extra to pay for it - rather than using her savings or a CC

That is very responsible of her!

Some of you may have seen on FB - thanks to my good friend Cindy - V finally received her beloved Stitch for Christmas this year - she was soooo excited!

Just wait till she sees the matching Angel plush in May! I know she said she isn't interested in Angel but she's awful cute!

this included our master bathroom, master closet and our master bedroom

Beautiful! I need you to come and redesign my house. :rotfl2:

We were able to get non-stop roundtrip airfare to Amsterdam for $438 - over Lara's birthday week! :eek: How can we not go????

That's an amazing price!

We miss out on so many fun snacks and other (food) things we want to eat, but we just can't.

Did you know they now have a food tour at MK? Click here: Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour

If you are so inclined - I would LOVE to hear some of your favorite snacks and counter service restaurants from around WDW.

Let's see for counter services ....

MK - BOG and Columbia Harbor House
AK - Flame Tree and my new favorite Satu'li Canteen. We tried that one in October and it was excellent.
Epcot - Yorkshire Fish, Sunshine Seasons
HS - none, they all are pretty bad. I'd rather get a burger at Sci Fi which isn't a whole lot more expensive than a CS burger.

As for snacks, I'm pretty simple. Give me a good Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich or Mickey Pretzel. I will say that I really like the Bavarian Pretzel at BaseLine Tap House at HS. And the alcoholic drink there, California Sunset is really, really good!

Harambe Market is in Africa but I'm not sure of its location relative to Tusker House....It's a few counter service ordering windows with some outdoor table seating.

I know what you mean about the shorts -- I had a doctor's appointment today and I am officially at my highest weight ever. It's so frustrating that I've gained all of this weight being on the fibromyalgia medication...some of the new clothes I bought in October/November are nowhere close to fitting (can't zip/button, indecently tight, etc.). My doctor didn't seem concerned about it today and said the weight gain should level out. That's not good enough for me. My blood pressure is also creeping up, although most definitely in the "normal" (for most people) range (mine is usually in the 90s...it's way above that now). I am not happy about this. Mark and I have decided to start another Whole 30 round this coming weekend -- that did wonders for my health when we did the first round and had we been better about reintroduction I think I would have some key answers to my health situation. I'm trying to find some barre or pilates classes that fit with my schedule and that has been a challenge. *Sigh*

I love that y'all had a "Disney meeting" at Target... siiigghhh….Target... I think I will lose my mind at the first Target I get to go to back in the States! Aruba sounds like so much fun as well. A good book, a beautiful beach = paradise! I'm sorry about the shorts- I hope you don't get discouraged. Keep up the momentum you have going! There were a few Marines I talked to the other day that were talking about the I. F. I wondered how it works out with your heavy lifting? Do you feel hungry/weak after working out? I had a friend ask if I wanted to join her at a 5:15 am spin class last week. Ummm No. Thanks for asking, but No.

We are doing pretty well over here. We have a lot of anxiety over where they are going to send us. Before that, J was very anxious about the promotion board coming out & as you know, he did get the promotion, so that means 3 more years in the Marine Corps for us. Which is great, but it is very hard on his body. In fact, his back went out on him the morning of his promotion. He was supposed to bend down for Quinn to change his pins but he could not do it, so I had to hold her up. It worked out, though. Emma is now officially taller than me by about an inch or so. She takes great delight at looking for gray hairs on top of my head! Quinn continues to make progress with her speech. She goes to a pre-school program for kids with disabilities and is doing really well. She has become a bit bossy with Emma as a matter of fact and often tells Emma to "go to your room" when Emma annoys her, Lol. I am kind of apprehensive about finding the right school for her to transition to where ever we end up next. She has such a good program here & I just want her to continue doing well.

We had talked about maybe doing a trip to China before we leave this part of the world. We haven't discussed it much, being so busy around the holidays. We would definitely like to see the Great Wall and Beijing but definitely Shanghai Disney. We'd have to get special visas for China which add up, so I'm not sure if we want to spend that much on one trip, but it would be exciting. We'll see!

I hope you're having a great week!

Good evening Jane Fonda
Those shorts got nothin on you! You’ll be swimming in them in no time. You got this.

No Longer Midgets...
Graduating in May and getting ready for high school.
Getting back to socializing on the internet.. Missed it too much even started posting on my old PTR.. Cuz i can. LOL

This is my entire wardrobe now...

Umm no.

Jeez!!!! Where did the time go??? All of our kids are growing up... Allison will be legal drinking age by the time we take our trip. :eek: She is in the process of making a full list of "drinks to try in WDW". :lmao:

Happy to have you back! :lovestruc

That is very responsible of her!

Just wait till she sees the matching Angel plush in May! I know she said she isn't interested in Angel but she's awful cute!

Beautiful! I need you to come and redesign my house.

That's an amazing price!

Did you know they now have a food tour at MK? Click here: Taste of Magic Kingdom Park VIP Tour

Let's see for counter services ....

MK - BOG and Columbia Harbor House
AK - Flame Tree and my new favorite Satu'li Canteen. We tried that one in October and it was excellent.
Epcot - Yorkshire Fish, Sunshine Seasons
HS - none, they all are pretty bad. I'd rather get a burger at Sci Fi which isn't a whole lot more expensive than a CS burger.

As for snacks, I'm pretty simple. Give me a good Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich or Mickey Pretzel. I will say that I really like the Bavarian Pretzel at BaseLine Tap House at HS. And the alcoholic drink there, California Sunset is really, really good!

Oh gosh... I dunno if she will be as excited about Angel - she's really never had a thing for her??? We'll see. :)

Hahahaha - I am always happy to spend other people's $$. :woohoo:

Oh no - a food tour???? That sounds awesome! Thanks for the link.

Awesome list! THanks! I think we are planning to have a HUGE diet of Nutella waffles at Sleep Hallow. :lmao:

Oooh - I think I'd like to try the Canteen place (not even gonna try to spell it at this hour).

I do know there are a few desserts I want to try... And I didn't get any school bread on our last trip. Mmmmmm....

Yah - Allison is working on a drink list for us. ::yes:: A new era has come... Allison will be legal drinking age before we go on this trip! :eek: Can you believe it?

Harambe Market is in Africa but I'm not sure of its location relative to Tusker House....It's a few counter service ordering windows with some outdoor table seating.

I know what you mean about the shorts -- I had a doctor's appointment today and I am officially at my highest weight ever. It's so frustrating that I've gained all of this weight being on the fibromyalgia medication...some of the new clothes I bought in October/November are nowhere close to fitting (can't zip/button, indecently tight, etc.). My doctor didn't seem concerned about it today and said the weight gain should level out. That's not good enough for me. My blood pressure is also creeping up, although most definitely in the "normal" (for most people) range (mine is usually in the 90s...it's way above that now). I am not happy about this. Mark and I have decided to start another Whole 30 round this coming weekend -- that did wonders for my health when we did the first round and had we been better about reintroduction I think I would have some key answers to my health situation. I'm trying to find some barre or pilates classes that fit with my schedule and that has been a challenge. *Sigh*

We will definitely look for it... And I will check out the menu too. I'd love to be able to get some of my favorite AKL foods without having to go to AKL. ::yes::

Oh Stephanie - it's so difficult when your body and the meds are working against you. W30 is a great program, and I remember how well you did on it, I sure hope you are able to find some answers this time, and hopefully you are able to take some of the size off in the process. Hopefully you can find some classes that work out with your schedule too. :hug:

I love that y'all had a "Disney meeting" at Target... siiigghhh….Target... I think I will lose my mind at the first Target I get to go to back in the States! Aruba sounds like so much fun as well. A good book, a beautiful beach = paradise! I'm sorry about the shorts- I hope you don't get discouraged. Keep up the momentum you have going! There were a few Marines I talked to the other day that were talking about the I. F. I wondered how it works out with your heavy lifting? Do you feel hungry/weak after working out? I had a friend ask if I wanted to join her at a 5:15 am spin class last week. Ummm No. Thanks for asking, but No.

Hahahaha - Yah, I have a few loves in life... Disney and Target just seem to go well together. :lovestruc

We are so excited for Aruba... I am just afraid I will love it too much. LOL

No - I don't feel like I will get discouraged... For the moment, I am just trying to figure out if I want to find a couple pairs that will fit? Or if I should just let it go and deal with what I have? Part of the problem is we have a couple of outfits where I need to wear khaki shorts - and at the moment, I don't have any. :scratchin

I've always worked out and lifted in a fasted state - for many years now... (let's see if I can actually explain this...) Most people in the world are "sugar burners" (whether it be carbs that are turned into sugar, or sugar itself) - which is why our insulin is spiked so much, and our nation's obesity - as a whole - is in the state that it is in... Many people are going Keto or "low carb" to lose weight and this is one of the reasons people lose so quickly and dramatically on these types of diets... Their lowered sugar/carb intake turns them from "sugar burners" to "Fat burners"... From my Paleo/Primal way of eating - I have been a "fat burner" and in ketosis for years (my problem is that I was eating too much to burn fat - I was burning the energy I was eating instead)... Being a "fat burner" is a long and easy fuel... A person doesn't get the highs and lows that "sugar burners" get. I actually have more even energy throughout the day - vs. before when I would have such severe highs and lows. It is much better to work out and lift in a fasted state. Here's a link that might explain it better than I ever could... https://leangains.com/the-leangains-guide/

We are doing pretty well over here. We have a lot of anxiety over where they are going to send us. Before that, J was very anxious about the promotion board coming out & as you know, he did get the promotion, so that means 3 more years in the Marine Corps for us. Which is great, but it is very hard on his body. In fact, his back went out on him the morning of his promotion. He was supposed to bend down for Quinn to change his pins but he could not do it, so I had to hold her up. It worked out, though. Emma is now officially taller than me by about an inch or so. She takes great delight at looking for gray hairs on top of my head! Quinn continues to make progress with her speech. She goes to a pre-school program for kids with disabilities and is doing really well. She has become a bit bossy with Emma as a matter of fact and often tells Emma to "go to your room" when Emma annoys her, Lol. I am kind of apprehensive about finding the right school for her to transition to where ever we end up next. She has such a good program here & I just want her to continue doing well.

I am glad to hear you all are doing so well - I understand about the anxiety... I think I wouldn't handle it well if I was in the same position... I am thankful that Josh was never AD - and we were always free to live where we chose. Congrats again to Jason on his promotion... I understand all too well the taxes on the body from military service... We continue to deal with it in our house on a daily basis - and probably always will... Hopefully it doesn't hold your DH back too much and he is able to finish out his military career the way he wants to.

LOL at Emma! They all grow too fast!

I hope you are able to find the right school for Quinn... Our education system has come a long way - even in the last few years. It sounds like she is doing so well - great job getting to the heart of the matter and advocating for her! :lovestruc It couldn't have been easy being so far from home. :hug:

We had talked about maybe doing a trip to China before we leave this part of the world. We haven't discussed it much, being so busy around the holidays. We would definitely like to see the Great Wall and Beijing but definitely Shanghai Disney. We'd have to get special visas for China which add up, so I'm not sure if we want to spend that much on one trip, but it would be exciting. We'll see!

I hope you're having a great week!

That would be awesome - I hope you are able to make it work. You've all been able to see so much of the world - it's incredible!

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Good evening Jane Fonda
Those shorts got nothin on you! You’ll be swimming in them in no time. You got this.

Hahahaha.... I didn't visit with Jane Fonda yesterday - I was having more fun being lazy. :rolleyes:

I hope so... I really want to wear them this summer - or at least have them too big. ::yes:: LOL

*******************************************************************************************************

I was able to get the guest room bed remade yesterday - and pulled our our luggage, so we can begin packing for Aruba... I am hesitant to start packing until I know what I can fit into... I do have a "potential pile" sorted in my closet - so *hopefully* I can just stick it in my luggage when it's time to go - if I can get into those shorts... :scratchin Otherwise - I'll just be stuck wearing denim shorts as usual. ::yes::

And I worked most of the day... Nothing exciting there.

Last night, Josh and I finished Frontier - it was good... A bit gruesome - as I'd mentioned previously - but the story line was good.

Today... I will be working out this morning...

Depending on V's work schedule (she is on-call)... If she doesn't have to work, I am going with her to get her books for school - she starts next week. :woohoo: I am sure that will also put us at Target at some point. Then I will work this afternoon. If she does work, I'll just work all day at home. ::yes::

Wishing you all a wonderful day - sending out prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

Jeez!!!! Where did the time go??? All of our kids are growing up... Allison will be legal drinking age by the time we take our trip. :eek: She is in the process of making a full list of "drinks to try in WDW". :lmao:

Happy to have you back! :lovestruc

I can't even... Seriously.. I mean mine are growing like weeds and yours are becoming adults!
Time for another puppy.
I need to drown my sorrows in a disney movie now..

Oooh - I think I'd like to try the Canteen place (not even gonna try to spell it at this hour).

Definitely worth a visit! I tried the combo beef/chicken bowl over the potatoes and it was really good. I will say that the beef was much better than the chicken and I was envious of the rice my brother got as his base. So next time I think I will just get beef with rice. Of course there are a bunch of different sauces to add to the bowls also, but being picky I didn't get one.

Yah - Allison is working on a drink list for us. ::yes:: A new era has come... Allison will be legal drinking age before we go on this trip! :eek: Can you believe it?

Here's a few of my favorites for her to research :D

California Sunset - Baseline Tap House, HS
Seashore Sweet - Abracadabar, Boardwalk
Vodka Slushy, Epcot, France
Ice Cream Martini - Epcot, France Ice Cream Store (might want to share this one, it's a lot of alcohol and about put me under the table)
Rosa Regala Wine - Epcot, Italy (sweet sparkling red wine)
Strawberry Margarita, Epcot, Italy
Mo'ara Margarita, AK, Pandora

Oh and not one I've tried but you may want to look into the Dole Whip with rum at Tamu Tamu, AK, Africa.

Oh and also don't forget that Flower and Garden with the specialty food and drink runs through June 3rd. Not sure if you are there by then but something to look into if you are. Menus aren't out yet for the booths.

I can't even... Seriously.. I mean mine are growing like weeds and yours are becoming adults!
Time for another puppy.
I need to drown my sorrows in a disney movie now..

Agreed 1000%!!!! I was looking at Cooper puppy pics last night...

Definitely worth a visit! I tried the combo beef/chicken bowl over the potatoes and it was really good. I will say that the beef was much better than the chicken and I was envious of the rice my brother got as his base. So next time I think I will just get beef with rice. Of course there are a bunch of different sauces to add to the bowls also, but being picky I didn't get one.

Here's a few of my favorites for her to research

California Sunset - Baseline Tap House, HS
Seashore Sweet - Abracadabar, Boardwalk
Vodka Slushy, Epcot, France
Ice Cream Martini - Epcot, France Ice Cream Store (might want to share this one, it's a lot of alcohol and about put me under the table)
Rosa Regala Wine - Epcot, Italy (sweet sparkling red wine)
Strawberry Margarita, Epcot, Italy
Mo'ara Margarita, AK, Pandora

Oh and not one I've tried but you may want to look into the Dole Whip with rum at Tamu Tamu, AK, Africa.

Oh and also don't forget that Flower and Garden with the specialty food and drink runs through June 3rd. Not sure if you are there by then but something to look into if you are. Menus aren't out yet for the booths.

Ariana - you are just the BEST!!!! I seriously screenshot (ed?) your message to send to Allison... I definitely want to try the Dole Whip with rum - I LOVE rum anyways (Blue Chair Bay makes a Key Lime rum cream - and OMG... Let's just say that I drink it often. ::yes:: They also have pineapple rum cream too - which is very good, but I like the Key Lime best....) (Now I feel like I need a drink - at 4am) :eek: :lmao:

The beef/rice bowl sounds great too!

****************************************************************************************************************************************

Not much going on here...

I worked all day while V slept.

In the afternoon, I went with V to the college bookstore to get the one book she needed from there (she is getting the rest elsewhere), and then we spent like 2 hours wandering Target. It's been a LONG time since we've wandered a Target store like that - it was fun! Their Dollar Spot now - with all of the black/white buffalo plaid is killing me. LOL

Then we came home and I fell asleep on the couch until it was time to make dinner - Allison gave me the idea to make chicken quesadillas... They were SO GOOD and so different. Everyone loved them - and they were quick/easy to make. ::yes::

I was lazy for the remainder of the night and went to bed early.

Today - I am heavy lifting this morning. I was able to wear a pair of my smallest jeans yesterday - comfortably... I am getting very, very close to what I was last spring. :lovestruc

I plan to work until lunch time (or my former lunch time) - I got a text from Allison last night after I went to bed, and she wants me to go with her to the college bookstore... So I guess I am going back today? LOL And then probably to Target - since it's right there. LOL My life... :rolleyes:

And that's it.

Wishing you all a wonderful day - prayers and pixie dust to all! :lovestruc

D~

D ~

It is great to see that you have another Disney trip planned. I love reading your reports. I will be back to comment later. I just found you and need to go to work. ;)

Wow - three trips this year - wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter