Oops I have two hotel reservations. Help me decide. CCI or DI&S

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I booked Desert Inn and Suites way back.

More recently I booked the Candy Cane Inn with a AAA discount.

Even so, once I deduct parking, DI&S is going to be about $150 cheaper than CCI for the 5 nights.

I've only ever stayed at the BWPPI (and other times farther away)...... so wondering........

I know the CCI has its own private shuttle, so I figured that will make up for not being directly across the street.

We are not big pool people. Or big breakfast people. I just want to sleep someplace clean, and not have a long walk at the end of the day.

Fireworks viewing from DI&S might be a plus.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

P.

We love DI&S! It is beyond lovely being able to walk literally RIGHT across the street and be at Disneyland. It takes 5 minutes to get to the front gates! And the only thing better than that is that it also only takes 5 minutes to exit and be in your room at the end of a long, exhausting park day! No waiting for busses or shuttles, you are just there! Rooms are nice at DI&S and beds are very comfy too!

We love desert inn and suites and especially love the short walk across the street. We used shuttles once and hated waiting for them to come (or missing the shuttle by a few minutes and having to wait for the next one)

We love DI&S! It is beyond lovely being able to walk literally RIGHT across the street and be at Disneyland. It takes 5 minutes to get to the front gates! And the only thing better than that is that it also only takes 5 minutes to exit and be in your room at the end of a long, exhausting park day! No waiting for busses or shuttles, you are just there! Rooms are nice at DI&S and beds are very comfy too!

This exactly.

While we haven't done DIS in a while, we really love CCI over DIS.

1) If your room is in the back of the property or not near the elevator, it can be such a long walk....well longer than you expect/want it to be.

2) Cleanliness. Overall, CCI gets the nod here. Not that DIS was "dirty" but CCI just felt so much cleaner to us.

3) Beds. The beds were much more comfortable to us at CCI.

4) Shuttle. It's a private, not shared shuttle. Runs consistently every 30 min, always on time.

5) Though it doesn't apply to you....the pool is so much better. the DIS pool is indoor and the chlorine smell/fumes were BAD.

Now, we would stay at DIS again, we just pick CCI over them.

Just my two cents. Enjoy your trip.

Thanks all.

I may check with the kids about their feelings re: the pool. Looks like the weather will be really nice in February......

Sounds like I can't go wrong either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter