Ooma VoIP

firefly_ris

DIS Veteran
Anyone use this? We don't have a landline but in the next few years my oldest will be old enough to stay home when I run out quickly like dropping the other kids off at extracurriculars and so on.

I would like a simple cordless phone in the house that can make 911 calls. I looked at Google Voice but they don't have 911 ability and this does.

Ooma's zip code calculator estimates for me a monthly cost of $5.77 for their service. The device is about 70 bucks and I can get a phone for about 30 bucks, both of those being one time costs.

Thoughts? There is also Vonage but I haven't looked into it.

I've been using Ooma voip for several years now. It's worked perfectly fine for us, but can't say I've ever had to call 911. Monthly, I pay $6.26 and once a year I pay around $300 for the premium service which includes voicemail, call forwarding and call blocking.

I've only had to call the police non-emergency number (which worked). I was happy to get rid of my triple play and Ooma made it happen. We have 3 cellphone users in the house, but I wanted a line in case we are out and the non-users are here...and the price was perfect.

Calling regular people works. And the incessant telemarketers ended (was getting 20+ calls/day at the end). THAT was the most priceless thing about changing my number and getting Ooma.

I pay about $5.77/month and pay for nothing extra - I've had it 15 months. I did get 2 sets to start, which has worked out great (so when one's dead, I still have another)...

Perfect, thank you both. This sounds like it will work out well.

I've been on MagicJack for 3 years with zero issues. I pay 40 a year and could be happier than paying way too much for a triple play. I'm lucky to a few internet providers here and managed to slash my triple play bill to half of it once was.

Anyone use this? We don't have a landline but in the next few years my oldest will be old enough to stay home when I run out quickly like dropping the other kids off at extracurriculars and so on.

I would like a simple cordless phone in the house that can make 911 calls. I looked at Google Voice but they don't have 911 ability and this does.

Ooma's zip code calculator estimates for me a monthly cost of $5.77 for their service. The device is about 70 bucks and I can get a phone for about 30 bucks, both of those being one time costs.

Thoughts? There is also Vonage but I haven't looked into it.

We have had it for over 10 years - so long that when we got it, there was no monthly charge at all, and we're still paying $0. Works great.

I've had Ooma for years, and it's worked great. I've never had to dial 911. I wanted it because I worry about the health effects of talking on cell phones for hours at a time (I use my Ooma line for conference calls because I work from home). I only pay ~$5/month in taxes.

We also have Ooma and have no problems so long as our Internet connection is up. We pay about $8/month in taxes. Been using it for 6 years now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter